PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Apocalypse Datathingy

[SD] Bob Plisskin
15-10-2007, 22:39
Hey, sorry if this is in the worng place...

I haven't got the apocalypse rule book yet but am dreaming of saving up and buying it. I was thinking of how cool it would be to draw up a squad that was similar to masters of the chapter but for my Eldar army. Basically a super expensive super killy squad.

The fluff for this is that the Pheonix Lord of the Warp Spiders (can anyone think of a good name for this dude) is leading a squad of exarchs that he trains. The pheonix lord goes from craftworld to craftworld and the exarchs join him as he teaches them the aspect then drops them at the next craftworld so they set up a shrine there. Obviously being the Eldar this is a very long process and the exarchs may travel with him for 100s of years.

Pheonix Lord:
Pheonix Lord statline
Warp jump generator, 2 x deathspinner, powerblades
Surprise Assualt, Withdraw, Fanatical Warriors*

9 x Disciple
Warp Spider Exarch statline
2 x deathspinner, powerblades

*Fanatical Warriors: The Pheonix Lord is the embodiment of Khaine and the Exarchs under his command are driven fight with complete determination.

Fanatical Warriors is an exarch power that confers the furious charge ability upon the squad.

Points wise I was thinking around 650-700 points.

I also have an idea for another squad that would be a jetbike squad.

boogle
15-10-2007, 22:46
Doesn't seem to be overly powerful to be honest, do they really need to have the Furious Charge?, their I is high enough as it is

Ozendorph
15-10-2007, 23:03
Seems pretty reasonable, though I cannot comment about the point cost as I don't have the Eldar book in front of me.

It may interest you to know that a Datasheet for The Court of the Young King has been mentioned in the Rumors forum. This would be the Avatar and a formation of Exarches (maybe with squads...not sure). Kind of Similar to Masters of the Chapter.

Mr_Rose
15-10-2007, 23:10
It might just be me but "fanatical warriors" doesn't seem to be very warp-spider-y; they're supposed to be the patient hunter archetype - they wait for their prey to pass in range then strike swiftly before withdrawing again rather than being combat nutters....

Maybe if you gave them something to boost their innate abilities more, like not losing models on doubles/re-rolls for withdraw distances, something of that nature?

Anyway, there's a competition thread around here somewhere, for the best Datasheet to be sent off to GW to maybe get put on the website or something. You might want to put this in there....

[SD] Bob Plisskin
15-10-2007, 23:45
It might just be me but "fanatical warriors" doesn't seem to be very warp-spider-y; they're supposed to be the patient hunter archetype - they wait for their prey to pass in range then strike swiftly before withdrawing again rather than being combat nutters....

Maybe if you gave them something to boost their innate abilities more, like not losing models on doubles/re-rolls for withdraw distances, something of that nature?

While I was thinking these guys up I was considering giving them that very ability, ie they could re-roll any result on the warp jump but have to accept the result. The fluff was that the pheonix lord had an esceptional quality jump generator.

In terms of how powerful they are, they'd get 40 s6 shots at 12" then and 41 power weapon attacks on the charge....

Godgolden
16-10-2007, 00:14
There are data sheets for the eldar that havent been released yet.

From my vague memory there are 2, one is a Avatar with alot of help i think its the Young gods court or something. Everything gets furious charge and fearless ro something.

And another is a seer council.

GW staff had a laod of sheets and i dont do eldar so didnt take notice much.

it also included aspect squads (i remember talking about banshees finally getting furious charge as there so puny and weak normally hehe)