PDA

View Full Version : Have they ever made these minis?

xeolx
16-10-2007, 04:38
I was wondering if GW ever made these particular miniatures, and if people could perhaps post pics of them if such miniatures existed at one point. Thank you!

1. Tyrion on foot
2. Malekith on foot
3. Karl Franz on foot
4. Aenarion
5. Sigmar

Again, if GW did make any of these figures, I would truly love to see a pics of them. Thanks in advance!

Scythe
16-10-2007, 14:37
From that list, only Malekith on foot I believe (and that was an unreleased mini as well)...

blurred
16-10-2007, 19:18
From that list, only Malekith on foot I believe (and that was an unreleased mini as well)...

Dear God! My eyes! It burns! No wonder they didn't release that.

superknijn
16-10-2007, 19:31
Indeed. That is one ugly model.

Grimtuff
16-10-2007, 19:41
Dear God! My eyes! It burns! No wonder they didn't release that.

They did, albeit with a Dragon between his legs.....

silence
16-10-2007, 21:16
in answer to your first 3, GW has rarely released both a foot and mounted version of named characters figures. (with the exception of the LOTR range) I've always believed this has been a small mised oppertunity for GW.

Sigmar and Aenarion have never had released figures.

Stella Cadente
16-10-2007, 23:27
1. Tyrion on foot
2. Malekith on foot
3. Karl Franz on foot

if they actually released these models the problem is that they would be useful, GW's first golden rule of marketing is

"never release ANYTHING, that could actually be useful"

plus imagine the outcry from power gamers if they did

him: "HAHA Karl's griffon is dead, do you have a model on foot to represent him?, if not he dies HAHAHAHAHA"
you: "umm actually, yes I do"
Him: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY CHEESE"

xeolx
17-10-2007, 02:59
That's quite a shame about most of the figures. A model of Tyrion on foot would certainly be quite cool.

Slightly off my own topic, but can anyone post a pic of the previous Malekith figure? I believe he is on a chariot. I would really love to see this previous incarnation.

Vogon
17-10-2007, 04:00
To the best of my knowledge this is the only incarnation of the Dark Elf chariot apart from teh existing one

http://www.solegends.com/citrare/citdechariot.htm
cheers

vogon

Scythe
17-10-2007, 08:41
in answer to your first 3, GW has rarely released both a foot and mounted version of named characters figures. (with the exception of the LOTR range) I've always believed this has been a small mised oppertunity for GW.

They did Archaon, Valten and Malus Darkblade on foot as far as I remember... tough all of them were limited releases...

Cycorax
17-10-2007, 09:57
Haha, the sigmar model would just remind me of He-Man too much :D.

enyoss
17-10-2007, 10:32
Slightly off my own topic, but can anyone post a pic of the previous Malekith figure? I believe he is on a chariot. I would really love to see this previous incarnation.

No figure was released I'm afraid. 4th edition, and particularly 5th edition, had an annoying habit of giving you tons of rules for Special Characters, and then not releasing any of the models for them. I think the poor Dark Elves only got a model for Rakarth. Fancy that, Dark Elves without character models ;) (and I say that even as a High Elf player!).

As for models on foot, I genuinely don't think GW thought it through entirely when the gave all the previously horse mounted guys soppy 'monsters'. For example, I never ever used Tyrions riposte rule, as my opponent always just concentrated on hacking off Malhandir's legs (if he even made it to combat :rolleyes:). Rather, I think they expected everyone target the rider meaning there wouldn't be much need for a model on foot as the rider was meant to die first.

At least, that's how I rationalize that decision :).

As for Sigmar, no official model I'm afraid. The closest you'll get is one of the old Thrudd the Barbarion models.

Cheers,

enyoss

Count Zero
17-10-2007, 11:17
i thought once someone made a Malekith in Chariot? its maybe wasnt a GW one and was just a one off model though. i guess druhcii.net would know.

bluey
17-10-2007, 16:57
I wish they made a GOOD (key word there) Aenarion model...especially if he was on Indraugnir