PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Armegeddon...mostly Guard related

nickclark
16-10-2007, 09:19
OK, i have been out of the hobby for about a month and am interested in getting back into the playing side of things within a few weeks.

What I am really wondering is (and this is in regard to my miniscule Vostroyan army) whether a baneblade (super heavy) would be suitable for an army that is slightly over the 750 point mark WITHOUT THE BANEBLADE INCLUDED and is made up of mostly infantry?

Other questions are:

How many points is a Baneblade with the armament seen in WD and on the front of the GW model pack?

Do i need the Apocolypse rule book in order to play with the Baneblade?

Is it worth me getting the Baneblade with such a small army and trying to fit it into a 2000 point army, or should i simply buy smaller tanks eg. Leman Russ?

help would be much appreciated on this matter

fattdex
16-10-2007, 09:28
do you mean apocalypse?

asmodan
16-10-2007, 09:31
Well a baneblade is a superheavy vehicle. that's VERY unbalancing in a small army. normally they can only be taken as a SECOND force in 2000+ pt battles. However if you're playing apocalyse with some friends all the requirements for force organisation charts are out of the window:D

nickclark
16-10-2007, 09:32
aaaargh

i just realised my mistake!

APOCOLYPSE not ARMEGEDDON!

sorry

M1A2 Commander
16-10-2007, 09:38
If you mean Apocalypse, you are going to need the book. Also it is designed for large battles involving armies 3K and up per side. You could put a BB in a 2K army but I would use a good mix of infantry, heavy weapons and tanks (Leman Russ types) instead. It is my understanding that the BB will be 500 points not including any upgrades.

Check out the latest White Dwarf for some great Apocalypse coverage. :)

pookie
16-10-2007, 09:38
Other questions are:

How many points is a Baneblade with the armament seen in WD and on the front of the GW model pack?

giving this would break forum rules.

AFAIK yes you do, unless you can get hold of the SH Damage tables and data sheet soemwhere else.

Is it worth me getting the Baneblade with such a small army and trying to fit it into a 2000 point army, or should i simply buy smaller tanks eg. Leman Russ?

help would be much appreciated on this matter

thats a harder question to answer, i would prob go with 3 leman russ with such a small army but then again thats just me.

Darnok
16-10-2007, 10:26

Either that, or you buy IA1 for the FW rules.

The BB is meant to be played in Apocalypse games, so you can not field it in games of less than 3000 points. In a "normal" 40K games it's just blatantly overpowered.