PDA

View Full Version : Blood for the blood god...

inq.serge
16-10-2007, 16:03
Which is correct?

Chilltouch
16-10-2007, 16:07
Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Marinox
16-10-2007, 16:08
i alwasy thought i was "...skulls for THE skull throne".

knighthawke70
16-10-2007, 16:08
same here.........

nazrag
16-10-2007, 16:10
neither one :D

Vaulkhar
16-10-2007, 16:20
'Skulls for the Skull Throne' here as well. with 'RAAARGH' and 'KILL! MAIM! BURN!' coming in closely behind.

Adept
16-10-2007, 16:29
I always thought it was:

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne of Khorne!

Which would be abbreviated to 'Skulls for the Skull Throne'.

Noserenda
16-10-2007, 16:33
Skuls for the Skull throne is right...

Hlokk
16-10-2007, 16:39
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne of Khorne!
Im almost certain your right, I remember it being in WD loads when 2nd edition chaos came out.

Witchfire
16-10-2007, 17:37
skulls for the skull throne, they keep the same numbers of sylables
----- (blood for the blood god)
----- (skulls for the skull throne)
------- (skulls for the skull throne of khorne)

skulls for the skull throne of khorne doesnt fit.

anyway, as a khorne fan myself i stick to karn's easy to remember chant of- ''kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn,kill, maim, burn.....'' and so on :skull:

Hlokk
16-10-2007, 17:49
Look, its in the wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Eaters#Battlecry

*waits for some muppet to edit it so they can try to prove themselves right*

Witchfire
16-10-2007, 17:52
Look, its in the wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Eaters#Battlecry

*waits for some muppet to edit it so they can try to prove themselves right*

wikipedia is far from a reliable source, as you just pointed out- any muppet can edit it and the contents of wikipedia are full of errors and lies.

Adra
16-10-2007, 17:52
'Skulls for the Skull Throne' here as well. with 'RAAARGH' and 'KILL! MAIM! BURN!' coming in closely behind.

Only Karn (Kkkkkkaaaaaarrrrrrnnnn....yeah i did it) says that.

Well, unless you belive Dawn of War, and you know we dont. :p

Witchfire
16-10-2007, 17:54
and look- lexicanum which is much more reliable than non 40k dedicated wikis says otherwise- http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/World_Eaters

Witchfire
16-10-2007, 17:56
Only Karn (Kkkkkkaaaaaarrrrrrnnnn....yeah i did it) says that.

Well, unless you belive Dawn of War, and you know we dont. :p

its spelt kharn so i just owned you actually :p

and according to dawn of war tau are the most vicious evil things ever, running round sterilising people

Stahlgeist
16-10-2007, 17:56
It's been "Skulls for the Skull-Throne" as long as I can remember....

FlashGordon
16-10-2007, 18:29
Inq. Serge should be ashamed of himself.

inq.serge
16-10-2007, 18:43
@ Blood red: It's spelled Khârn! (Now I own you!)

@ Gordon: Why?

Sister_Sin
16-10-2007, 19:33
Skulls for the Skull Throne.

Sister Sin

FlashGordon
16-10-2007, 19:52
Making a poll with no real answer. ^^,

de Selby
16-10-2007, 19:59
I agree with everyone else about the original question, but am I alone in thinking 'Kill! Maim! Burn!' is a dumb khornate battle cry?

The killing and burning is fine, but what self-respecting follower of Khorne goes into battle intending merely to maim people? If they've still got their heads on, you MUST TRY HARDER.

Witchfire
16-10-2007, 20:11
I agree with everyone else about the original question, but am I alone in thinking 'Kill! Maim! Burn!' is a dumb khornate battle cry?

The killing and burning is fine, but what self-respecting follower of Khorne goes into battle intending merely to maim people? If they've still got their heads on, you MUST TRY HARDER.

the more slices that maim something before actually killing it the more it bleeds duh! :skull: lol

Imperialis_Dominatus
16-10-2007, 21:03

That is so close to sigworthy.

Skulls for His Throne. Duh.

Vaulkhar
16-10-2007, 21:03
The quicker it bleeds, you mean. Still nine pints in total, no matter what way you cut it.

Besides, hadn't 'Murder, Death, Kill' already been taken?

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
16-10-2007, 21:12
MDK? We haven't had one of those in thirteen years!

Also, I don't know how to use the three seashells either.

I'm going to agree with the "keeping the same tempo" crowd, and I have voted as such.

Adra
16-10-2007, 22:05
its spelt kharn so i just owned you actually :p

already covered in my location...but nice try on the classic "im losing on a forum ill try anything to feel better" trick ;)

u can make fun of my avatar if u like....really if it gives u happy ill go along with it. i have a giving nature :angel:

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 22:23
As has been pointed out repeatedly, it's "Skulls for the Skull Throne!"

Biscuits, however, are also acceptable to the great Lord Khorne, Master of War, King of Blood, providing they're proper biscuits, no chocolate, just biscuit. The chocolate, when dunked, just melts into the skull of warm blood, you see. Spoils the taste.

So, actually, you could yell: "Biscuits for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!" and also be right.

EDIT: :D Hurrah! 5,500th post! :D

Khaeron Baoth
16-10-2007, 22:34
I remember also: "Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Throne of Khorne". But can´t remember where it is, any knowledge?

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 22:37
Sorry, I don't know where that is. It sounds likely, and to be honest I suspect all the permutations could and have been used.

Cheesolith
17-10-2007, 15:30
Officialy it's
"Blood for the blood god, skull for the skull throne of khorne"
but because berzerkers want to kill stuff instead of yelling pointlessly long battlecries they shorten it to:
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Also, there's a pretty big chance that the berzerkers just stole Khârns motto with the following reason:
I have 20K/M(kills/minutes)
Khârn has 40K/M
I yell "Blood for the blood god, skull for the skull throne of khorne"
Khârn yells "maim, kill burn"
Ergo, his battlecry is better.
Ergo, i should steal it.
"MAIM KILL BURN MAIM KILL BURN RWAAAAAAAAW!!!"

Gdolkin
19-10-2007, 23:17
I'm still laughing at muskrat's version: "Frappucino for the Blood God! Cancel Khorne's Four o'clock!"..
"BLOOD AND SKULLS!" works too. Wait, if they don't say, "..for Khorne!", does He not receive his due? Where's Dante'sInferno when ya wanna ask whether and how all the blood and skulls actually make it to Khorne.. ?:angel::skull: