PDA

View Full Version : Fave Mission?

UltimateNagash
16-10-2007, 17:45
What is your mission (eg Escalation), at what level and why?

Just wondering really, that's all...

TwilightOdyssey
16-10-2007, 18:08
For a pickup game, I like Take & Hold. It's tactical and is a step beyond just shooting at the enemy. Level doesn't matter to me, but I prefer to use Victory Points, Infiltration, and Deep Striking.

For pre-planned games, I like to mix elements from a couple of different missions to make it very objective oriented. In these missions, I like to use just about everything except for Escalation.

max the dog
16-10-2007, 22:15
I'm split between Cleanse and Take and Hold but for different reasons.
Cleanse is nice for my nids as my gargoyles and hormagaunts can cover the 18" distance in their first turn. Take and Hold is nice as it can be just about imposible to move a zilla army once they decide that they're not going anywhere. It's about the only mission that I'll take a CC fex.

boogaloo
16-10-2007, 23:47
Patrol. I love that only one of basic infantry starts on the board, it just causes such an escalation effect, and such a necessity for reactionary tactics, the only think i think is that they should make that mission mandatory random game length or not count the first turn or sumthin. It's always kinda cool when your opponents army comes on from the get go at turn one and you have one little squad chillin till turn three... he lets his guard down, then he get's a hairy mess of eldar comin at him from all derections which he wasn't planning for cuz they weren't there. It's just ******* cool

PS. Max the dog, totally agreed on that outnumber stuff

Bunnahabhain
16-10-2007, 23:57
Ambush.

It's so totally one sided. Unless the defender has a very mobile force, they don't have a ghost of a chance.

It gets even better when you have a footslogging infantry army as the defender. They've got to get over 36", at 6" a turn....

fwacho
17-10-2007, 00:14
Secure and control Omega level, (followed by classic "Rescue") Around here we play omega 50% of the time so everybody is equiped to deal with it. (imporved comms, autarchs) Two mech guard players frequently only have 5 turns. It realy is my favorite way as it's a little faster (less turns) and require more tatcial thinking on the fly as whatever each player needs most comes on at the wrong time. We allow coming on form teh short board edge (that's touching your deployemtn zone) which bring alot of the fighting to the flanks and protects agianst some units being completley usesless (carnifex)

boogle
17-10-2007, 01:11
Rearguard, just something about a vastly overwhelmed force buying time for their comrades really really appeals to me

Techron 2.0
17-10-2007, 03:36
sustained attack missions idont phase out! just kidding i like attack and defend missions alot they seem fun. just because its almost a bit realistic when playing against IG because they are always getting attacked.