PDA

View Full Version : new models

huitzilopochtli
16-10-2007, 21:32
with the release of the vampire counts on its way and new skeleton models coming out, does this mean GW will be changing the Tomb Kings skeletons at the same time? my head says no but the rest of me is hoping they will on the grounds that it'll look stupid when they're up against each other and you have two different sizes of skeleton.

similarly, when the dark elves get the new cold ones, will the lizardmen get them as well?

Khorghan
16-10-2007, 21:34
i think the lizard men will get the cold ones but TK wont be re done, its easy just to swap the cold ones into the box.

zak
17-10-2007, 21:34
Not immediately. I think they will redo them with the rest of the army and will use a new upgrade sprue with the new models.

Makaber
17-10-2007, 22:11
I agree on the Tomb Kings: Sadly no new skeletons before the next edition of the army book (which is probably several years in the future).

I also disagree on the Lizardmen getting new Cold Ones. First of all, something like that has never happened before, so I see no indication it will now. Secondly, Lizardmen already got a redo of their Cold Ones, so it's established that they don't look the same anyway. Finally, the saddle and harness on the new Cold One has an undeniable and striking Dark Elf flair to it, that would look very out of place in a Lizardmen army.

sing Sang a song
18-10-2007, 02:04
i dont think they will have new skeleys 4 TK when they redo the VC but i think there is a little chance for GW to redo TK after VC

Reflex
18-10-2007, 11:41
the lizardmen cold ones may not look as cool as the DE ones, but the cold ones from lustria should be a different breed should they not?

Flypaper
18-10-2007, 15:09
with the release of the vampire counts on its way and new skeleton models coming out, does this mean GW will be changing the Tomb Kings skeletons at the same time?
Possible, but unlikely. Remember that the entire TK army has to look proportionate to the skeletons on foot (whereas they're the only boneheads in the VC list if you don't count the also-remade Grave Guard). e.g. they don't want skeletal charioteers looking much larger than the footsoldiers.

A more interesting question, to my mind, is whether there'll be 16 models to a box or 20. :angel:

i think there is a little chance for GW to redo TK after VC
Why? The model range is still fine, they have heaps of plastics and a battalion; and TK rules have aged suprisingly well - they're considered almost perfectly balanced at 2K points.

Seriously, I'd put them last out of the remaining 6th edition armies in terms of which is in the most dire need of a revision.

Mortal Chaos: out-of-date models, badly need plastic knights and warhounds, underpowered..
Daemon Chaos: Horribly low on options, and expensive. Underpowered outside of the semi-official Legion list. All metal!
Beasts: Almost all metal, Herd rules need updating for 7th.
DE: Underpowered, badly need plastic Dark Riders.
Ogres: the power rating's climbing back up as people learn to use them, but they're still too inflexible.
Lizards: desperately in need of another functional core unit, several units need updating to reflect 7th edition design (swarms, salamanders, terradons).
Skaven: Giant-hands models could use a resculpt, have issues with 7th.
DoW, CD: in limbo.

similarly, when the dark elves get the new cold ones, will the lizardmen get them as well?
"This will never happen. You know how they say that you should never say never? Well I'm saying never." - Chris Rock

The odds of GW replacing such a recent plastic kit are extremely low. They've gotta pay off those moulds, ya know...