PDA

View Full Version : Thousand Sons Novels

swiffe
16-10-2007, 22:15
I read my first warhammer novel a while ago (magestorm WHF) and i found it very entertaining. Looking back i wonder why i havent started before considering how long i have been in to the universes. In 40k i play my beloved Thousand sons and now i want to find out witch novels include my preciousesssss. I think i recall some of the space wolf novels include them no? I don't realy care if it's written in the perspective of the sons though it would be a plus. Enlighten me oh gurus of the forum!

Light of the Emperor
16-10-2007, 22:20
A few of the space wolves novels feature a Thousand Sons sorcerer named Maddox. Even Magnus makes an appearance in one of them.

The HH series has Magnus appear briefly in "Galaxy In Flames".

Ahriman and his band of merry men appear in "Dawn of War: Tempest"

Hope that helps!

swiffe
16-10-2007, 22:54
Fantastic! Thanks alot, now im off to blacklibrary to spend my milkmoney on cuddly stories...

Mechanicus
17-10-2007, 15:31
I'm pretty sure that it was False Gods, not Galaxy in Flames, or am I mistaken? My memory is less than clear on the subject...

Light of the Emperor
18-10-2007, 00:55
I think you may be right Mechanicus. My fault.

The new Space Wolf book: "Wolf's Honor" is said to have a lot of thousand sons action in it. It comes out a bit later.

FlashGordon
18-10-2007, 15:31
The Inquisitor war trilogy, (book number three, but you MUST read them all).

pookie
18-10-2007, 15:38
The Inquisitor war trilogy, (book number three, but you MUST read them all).

beat me to it! deff got to read all three!

FlashGordon
18-10-2007, 15:55
Mwaha! Well it is the best stuff ever written set in the 40k-verse. And i was surprised nobody mentioned it.

thechosenone
18-10-2007, 17:04
The first book is really good and the third one ends decently but everything in between is a bit murky. And the squat is way annoying

El Presedente
18-10-2007, 18:23
Book 2 or 3 of the Demonfuge graphic novels feature them I think, though if you can find them anymore then you deserve an Indiana Jones award.

Progena
19-10-2007, 15:45
I read my first warhammer novel a while ago (magestorm WHF) and i found it very entertaining. Looking back i wonder why i havent started before considering how long i have been in to the universes. In 40k i play my beloved Thousand sons and now i want to find out witch novels include my preciousesssss. I think i recall some of the space wolf novels include them no? I don't realy care if it's written in the perspective of the sons though it would be a plus. Enlighten me oh gurus of the forum!

If you found Magestorm to be entertaining, then you'll love pretty much anything else that BL has released so far. I nearly slept through both Necromancer and Magestorm by Jonathan Green (haven't even read Iron Hands). C. S. Goto might get the fluff wrong, but at least he can write entertaining novels. I still haven't read any BL novels featuring the Thousand Sons, but if William King's books in the Space Wolves series are as repetetive as the first four of his Gotrek and Felix novels (that's about as far as I've read), then I recomend you buy some of Abnett's books to alternate between.

I've been looking for the Inquisitor War Omnibus (or books) for quite some time now. They were 'out of print and not coming back' the last time I checked.

Meathook
19-10-2007, 16:46
repetetive as the first four of his Gotrek and Felix novels

I found them to be a fun, quick read. On a side note, I hear Kharn and th world eaters appear in one of the HH books? Can anyone point me in the direction on that one (see no reason to open a second thread just for this informaton). Also does anyone remember the small story that appeared in WD a few years back about kharn killing a EC champion I think?

Spacewolves vs Thousandsons
12-02-2008, 16:17
A few of the space wolves novels feature a Thousand Sons sorcerer named Maddox. Even Magnus makes an appearance in one of them.

The HH series has Magnus appear briefly in "Galaxy In Flames".

Ahriman and his band of merry men appear in "Dawn of War: Tempest"

Hope that helps!
yes magnus makes an appearance in one of the space wolf novels and has a spear thrown in his face:( .....grumbles... stupid ragnar... grumbles some more

The Judge
12-02-2008, 16:20
Kharn and the World Easters feature a lot in the second and third Horus Heresy novels; amusingly Kharn is quite level-headed before he turns to Khorne.

"Angron is furious, we've sent Kharn in to calm him down" is a line that made me chuckle a lot.

Cirrus the Blue
12-02-2008, 16:30
I heard that 'Daemonworld' had Thousand Sons in it's storyline and also 'Souldrinkers' dealed with a Tzeentchian Daemon Prince posing as the Emperor. Hilarity ensues. :D

- Cirrus

Chaplain Dionitas
12-02-2008, 17:15
Kharn and the World Easters feature a lot in the second and third Horus Heresy novels; amusingly Kharn is quite level-headed before he turns to Khorne.

"Angron is furious, we've sent Kharn in to calm him down" is a line that made me chuckle a lot.

That along with Jonson saying something like "Luther will be the death of me" or something to that effect in DoA