PDA

View Full Version : DA scouts, still use them?

cruzcontrol39
17-10-2007, 03:05
I was just wondering since the new DA codex does anyone still use the scouts? I think we got hosed since they moved them to an elite spot. I mean the shotguns are ok, but come on scouts as an elites choice?!? Does anyone else hate this or is it just me?

HowlingBanshee23
17-10-2007, 03:10
I think it's cool. I originally had a five-dude squad, but I've ordered another pack to bring them up to ten!

AngryAngel
17-10-2007, 03:10
Nah speaking on just me, they still get used but much less then they used to. I even field the more expensive version with sniper rifles. I miss them as troops..but then again as you can take terms as troops..and bikes as troops as well as normal tac squads. I suppose it doesn't matter too much. All that really ends up suffering is the dreads really. With their cost increase, and the usefullness of the company vets and scouts being moved there. Really makes it hard for them to get love. At least for me.

Triggerdog
17-10-2007, 03:12
personally I think they're worth an elite slot. Take ten of them with shotgun and stick the sergeant with a power weapon and infiltrate them. There is very little that can hold up to 40 S4 attacks (between the shooting and their charge). That and they work great for supporting Deathwing squads that teleport into enemy lines because they're generally already there to begin with.