PDA

View Full Version : Apoc book.. yikes!

Tulun
17-10-2007, 04:19
I just picked it up, reading it is making me excited to try it.

Tyranid player... and I own a 'Phant and 'Dule :)

I just hope I don't run into a Warhound Titan. Holy crap, is that thing loaded with weaponry. I don't even think the Hierophant would want to play with it very long ....

NerdyOgre254
17-10-2007, 04:23
it's nuts eh?
but if you look at the battle report in WD, you can see that it doesn't really take too much to bring it down.
and if you're adventurous, you can try and make a Tyranid Baneblade - think some sort of giant organic creature with a great big venom cannon on the back, or something.

Tulun
17-10-2007, 04:36
it's nuts eh?
but if you look at the battle report in WD, you can see that it doesn't really take too much to bring it down.
and if you're adventurous, you can try and make a Tyranid Baneblade - think some sort of giant organic creature with a great big venom cannon on the back, or something.

If I were to make a Baneblade, I'd probably take a Genestealer Cult... mandatory guard for me (and it fits apoc way more imo :))

bambamBIGILO
17-10-2007, 04:42
The Phant pawns other Titans, it regenerates and ignores all strength D wpns taking D3 wounds instead, with 10 wounds it can take most anything ive seen alot of threads that are complaining about the Phant being overpowered.

Tulun
17-10-2007, 04:52
The Phant pawns other Titans, it regenerates and ignores all strength D wpns taking D3 wounds instead, with 10 wounds it can take most anything ive seen alot of threads that are complaining about the Phant being overpowered.

From what I can tell, the STR D weapon inflicting d3 wounds is incorrect, good sir.

bambamBIGILO
17-10-2007, 05:04
I know its a topic of debate, some people actually claim only one wound but nids in synapse range do not suffer from instant death.
Personally I think A FAQ needs to be published, to be fair I would say 1+D6 wounds and vortex kills instantlly.
I dont mean to jack the thread or anything but that seems pretty fair to me.:)

Feor
17-10-2007, 05:08
also, if you look closely, you'll see that the warhound actually only has two weapons, chosen from the list of rather frightening possibilities listed with it's entry.

Tulun
17-10-2007, 05:08
The book is pretty clear on it actually :( Give it a read when you get a chance.

Of course, your gaming group can agree to whatever it wants (it specifies such).

bambamBIGILO
17-10-2007, 05:16
Fair is fair ill look closer, got a page for me to check, if not i dont mind reading through it more. We havnt used a phant yet i just use hordes seems more fluffy to me, but i have been thinking about a homemade phant for fun.:)
(I certaintly got enough bitz for it:rolleyes:)

I would be fun to bring a genestealer cult baneblade too!:cool:
But Id have to build a whole genestealer cult army for fluff and fun

Tulun
17-10-2007, 05:20
Page 96 for full rules...

bambamBIGILO
17-10-2007, 05:23
Thx Ill look, corse i lent it to my buddy so ill end up waiting to get it back for a week:rolleyes:

bambamBIGILO
17-10-2007, 05:33
Ill look and my buds and me will sort somthing but we are getting a bit away from the original thread

what drule do u got got by the way, wish i could get some but its forge it a continant away and my bud and i like large armies so we alway end up buying more or new armies.

Just bought a $550 gaurd army, mabey i should start painting now......;)

gLOBS
17-10-2007, 06:37
Well actually the Barbed Heirodule went up well over 100 points and recieved far less protection in that it lost 2 mass points, went from a 2+ to a 3+ save and only gained a wound. However offensively it gained an extra 11 shots, went up to Str 10, now can move a possible 24"then assault and gained 3 extra attacks

Tulun
17-10-2007, 06:43
The Barbed Hierodule definitely got weaker (in terms of defence)... but yeah, it got massive damage output in it's place. It's actually pretty close to the Hierophant in firepower, but far less costly.

The Hierophant is probably still the better buy, but I wouldn't wanna mess with either.

Cypher
17-10-2007, 06:44
As Gargantuan Creatures, Tyranid Bio-Titans suffer D3 wounds when hit by a S D weapon (or any other that causes instant death). Page 91.

And yeah, the Heirodule has a scary amount of firepower.

Tulun
17-10-2007, 06:49
As Gargantuan Creatures, Tyranid Bio-Titans suffer D3 wounds when hit by a S D weapon (or any other that causes instant death). Page 91.

It doesn't state that though... it states:
They are immune to instant death.
"They are not affected by any attack that would kill them outright (Like a force weapon, attack that results out of a failed characteristic, etc). Instead, it takes d3 wounds".

Force weapons are different than the instant death rule.

The Destroyer entry also states...

"If the target is immune to instant death, then the destroyer will 1 wound instead".

So, if they intended on making str D = d3 wounds, they didn't make a very clear job of it :)

gLOBS
17-10-2007, 07:04
"All gargantuan creatures are immune to instant death." -pg 91 Apoc.
"If the target is immune to instant death, then the destroyer will cause one wound as normal." -Pg 96 Apoc.

The problem people seem to have reading is this part.
"In addition, because they are so large and powerful, they are not affected by any attack that would normally kill a model automatically (like a forceweapon, an attack that kills as a result of a failed characteristics test, etc.) -Pg 91 Apoc.
This sentence makes things like vortex grenades, the old Drach'nyen, old rod of torment, direswords, chaos spawn, forceweapons, old plague weapons and such not work fully just really mess it's day up.

Brimstone
17-10-2007, 07:20
This thread is duplicating discussion that has already taken place here. (http://warseer.com/forums/40k-general-discussion/107134-the-hierophant.html)

Thread Closed

The Warseer Inquisition