PDA

View Full Version : Reikland warband(development log)

the blind knight
17-10-2007, 10:12
Well i was bored this last few days so i decided to start an mordehim warband since i already own empire miniature.In this thread i will post fluff,various army list atempts and coregtions and hopefully development of the warband as i start playing.So first the army list:

Reikland warband

Mercenary captain
Heavy armour
Shield
Helmet
Duelling pistol
Sword

swordsmen
light armor
shield
sword

swordsmen
light armor
shield
sword

swordsmen
light armor
shield
hammer

marksmen
sword
longbow
light armor

marksmen
hammer
longbow
light armor

total:496
models:6

Is it any good?

unwanted
17-10-2007, 11:35
As anyone's first bit of advice will be "Drop Armour!", I thought I'd get that out first. Armour is quite easily negated to the point of uselessness, and for the money spent on Armour in this band, I figure you can get another 3-4 henchmen.

Also, you're really gonna want some more Heroes, especially if this warband is for campaigning, as they're your sole source of income. And for Human Warbands, you really want more than 6 models. It'd maybe work for Dwarfs, but Humans just aren't that tough...

Nice call on the helmet for the Captain and all the hammers... Hammers and clubs are golden.

Etienne de Beaugard
17-10-2007, 13:50
Unwanted hit most of the big points. When starting out it is important to play to a warband's strengths. When playing reiklanders, load up on marksmen. If possible, get a couple with crossbows. Two or three BS4, S4 shots will take down a model a turn fairly regularly.

BigRob
18-10-2007, 06:57
Hello,
Assuming you want to play in a campaign and its not just a modelling project (which is cool!) then The main point is allready covered, but I'll say it again, its that important :)

You need bodies. Armour is of little to no use in Mordhiem as strength and certain weapons will easily negate it. At best you'll get a 6+ save and its not going to happen much. Instead, use cover and stock up on bodies.

First off heroes, Grab 2 champions, 2 youngbloods and your captain. Don't worry about the Bloods, give them clubs of something. Pistols and swords are good in the others, swords let you parry which is as good as, if not better, than armour. Later, if the crowns are left over, a couple of bows for long range potshots. These guys form your CC crew.

Marksmen are next and Rieklanders have the +1BS:D Your opponent will :cries:. I usually take a couple with X-Bows and 1 or 2 with Longbows. The X-Bows should set up somewhere wit hgood fields of fire and deny the enemy that ground. The Longbows have some freedom to move about. Dont worry about other kit til after the first game or two, then get them 2 clubs each for protection.

Anything left, pump into swordsmen to back up your main group. Arm them with 2 swords, for +1A rerolling misses on the charge. For the first couple of gamestry and keep your heroes alive! This is essential. With more income, equip everyone with decent weapons, bring the band upto 15 and buy lucky charms. Then you can go for hired swords and flashy kit. The best hired swords are probably Elf Ranger, Tilean Marksman and Imperial Assassin, of course they are pricey too...

Good Luck

the blind knight
18-10-2007, 07:31
Second atempt:

captain
duelingpistol
helmet
sword
shield
heavy armor

champion
sword
buckler

champion
sword
buckler

youngblood
buckler
sword
helmet

marksmen
longbow
sword

marksmen
longbow
sword

marksmen
longbow
sword

marksmen
handgun
sword

total:500
models:8

I removed all the armor exept bucklers and helmet but about my general.I would rather have a 4+ save than another model.

BigRob
18-10-2007, 07:48
Fair enough, just remember the HA/Shield combo drops his movement to 3 and if you use the shield, you cant use the pistol in CC.

Swop the youngbloods helmet onto one of the champions. They are more powerful, more expensive and so need more protection.

Looking good, Only things I'd really change now would be drop the handgun. They really are poor at the moment as a crossbow does it better, at longer range and doesnt miss a turn reloading!

If you drop the swords on the marksmen, replace them with clubs you can get the last youngblood. Marksmen wont be in combat that much and while parry is nice, the clubs have the stun rule and you'll save 28 crowns. YB with two Clubs is about 21 crowns? Then a few left overs for extra toys, or to save for more goodies later.

the blind knight
21-10-2007, 07:27
Third atempt

captain
duelingpistol
helmet
sword
shield
heavy armor

champion
sword
buckler

champion
sword
buckler

swordsmen
sword
buckler

marksmen
longbow

marksmen
longbow

marksmen
longbow

youngblood
spear
buckler

youngblood
spear
buckler

total:490
models:9

Sp that leasves my 10 gold to buy some toys for anybody.What should i get them?

BigRob
21-10-2007, 08:33
Looking good, 10 crowns.... either get a helmet for one of the champions (helemts are invaluable, providing a save against stun!) or just keep it on the pile ready for that first after game shopping spree.

unwanted
21-10-2007, 14:47
Looking good, nothing to fault here, though your captains slower movement could be a serious handicap. He is pretty much a rock against most str 3 enemies, and the lack of armour in most campaigns usually leads to a lack of axes...