kazkal
17-10-2007, 10:51
I just wanted to make sure on a few bit's numbers
3-Power Weapons
3-combi weapons
1-combi flamer
1-combi melta
0-Combi Plasma?

is that all it comes with of those bits? is there a command sprue by chance ?I've seen the picture of the sprue but I just wanted make sure that's all you get when you buy the box?

Shibboleth
17-10-2007, 11:11
There are other weapons too, but yes, you are correct on those (if by combi weapon you mean twin linked bolter).

There's no command frame, but the Lord kit is pretty much it.

Tynesh
17-10-2007, 14:53
Do what I did and get your hands on the small gargoyle heads from the CSM Predator Sprue. I cut off the chainblade/bayonets on the combi-bolter and then stuck on the head along with some extra tubing. That way you don't have to tie the squad down to a specific weapon and can swap them between games. Perhaps not allowed in a tournament, but a fine way to create models in a Codex that is now very much 'Counts As'.

Cheers

Tynesh

Penitent
17-10-2007, 15:03
There is also a tentacle-arm that I've seen used as another power weapon. Seems reasonable to me, as I don't really see what else it could be.

Perhaps not good enough for the purists, though...

The aforementioned Lord kit provides another combi-melta (assuming you don't equip the Lord with it) and another power weapon.

Thoth62
17-10-2007, 15:25
The lord kit provides quite a few things. There's an extra torso - front half, some extra weapons, like power weapon, force weapon, pair of lightning claws, extra heads... all kinds of stuff. I actually ended up using most of the stuff on the lord sprue mixed throughout the rest of the termie squad.

Earthbeard
17-10-2007, 15:36
The lord kit provides quite a few things. There's an extra torso - front half, some extra weapons, like power weapon, force weapon, pair of lightning claws, extra heads... all kinds of stuff. I actually ended up using most of the stuff on the lord sprue mixed throughout the rest of the termie squad.

Pretty much the same, I view the Lord box as more a command and variant for standard chaos terms.

qwertywraith
17-10-2007, 16:21
Third that on the Terminator Lord. You also forgot the Termy box has 1 Chainfist and 1 Powerfist as well as the Heavy Flamer and Reaper AC.

There are pictures in the rumour forum of a cult sprue with bits for each of the 4 Gods on it (like a Nugrling, sonic speakers, a flaming sword). When it could come out and what it might be packaged with is anyone's guess.

Combi-plasmas can be made using plasma pistols and some careful cutting. There is a tutorial on Bolter and Chainsword I cannot find right now.

leonmallett
17-10-2007, 18:00

Pretty much the same, I view the Lord box as more a command and variant for standard chaos terms.

Third that on the Terminator Lord. You also forgot the Termy box has 1 Chainfist and 1 Powerfist as well as the Heavy Flamer and Reaper AC.

Fourthed. Except in my case the kits were also raided for bits for my 'lost Space Wolves' army (13th Company army being added to make it a legal SW force and using the idea it is a long lost force of Space Wolves that have survived in the Eye of terror by scavenging Chaos kit).

Happy
17-10-2007, 18:41
How many pairs of lightning claws come in the Chaos terminator box?

Xenocidal Maniac
17-10-2007, 18:42

Zero...........

leonmallett
17-10-2007, 18:46

None as noted above. There is a pair in the Terminator Lord box.

Happy
17-10-2007, 18:51
Wow. I was just hoping the OP had neglected to put it in the list as he had no intent to use them. That sucks.

Thoth62
17-10-2007, 18:57
It sorta does.

Especially if you don't want to buy a bunch of the lord kits...

Happy
17-10-2007, 19:01
Does anyone have a link to a picture of the new Chaos terminator sprues? GW still doesn't have them posted, and i'd like to see what my conversion options are.

kazkal
17-10-2007, 19:11
Wow. I was just hoping the OP had neglected to put it in the list as he had no intent to use them. That sucks.

I was listing items I planned on using myself,ala was hoping it had 2 hidden power weapons.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacemarines/modeling/assembly/lord/images/popup.htm?chlordFb.jpg
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacemarines/modeling/assembly/lord/images/popup.htm?chlordFb.jpg

EVIL INC
17-10-2007, 19:49
I have not bought any of the new models yet and probobly wont get most for a long time as I am short of cash and already have enough of most to do me. I might get a termy lord though ..
Anyways... If I remember correctly, the white dwarf articles that had them featured said that all of the chaos parts were usable with all of the others. That means the lord stuff can be used on reguler termies. If you like the fancy possessed arms with ingrown weapons, you can use them on the termies and of course the heads. It would be simple conversions to mix and match between the lord, termies, possessed, troopers. Remember it IS chaos after all so even if it looks a little silly, it is doable. Heck, even in some of my older models, I had wierd stuff that I just made look right.
For example, my dog chewed up a rhino. I "fixed" it with a hot glue gun and then painted the showing hot glue blood red. The end result looked like a fully daeminically possessed rhino that was literally bleeding. Looks REALLY good in my nurgle section.

Clang
17-10-2007, 20:24
The Lord lightning claws are really nice, but the imperial termy lightning claws also fit perfectly and with a little conversion work can look chaosy

Happy
17-10-2007, 20:41
It's just a frustrating experience, as I'd like 3 lightning clawed terminators in my force. I'm not going to buy three lords to make that happen, which mean i'm scratch building or modifying loyalist LCs.

RavenMorpheus
17-10-2007, 20:45
Hold on - from the OP post it seems that the box doesn't come with a Reaper Autocannon, is that right?

Happy
17-10-2007, 20:47
I believe it does come with a Reaper, see the post from qwertyWraith

RavenMorpheus
17-10-2007, 21:00
I believe it does come with a Reaper, see the post from qwertyWraith

Ah yeah, missed the "Reaper AC" bit, glad that's in there still, I'm looking at buying a set soon to replace my metal ones I haven't finished - after my metal Bloodthirster, although the rumoured new plastic one will more than likely be out before I've finished my metal one.

Sounds like there aren't all that many "extra bits" in the box though.

RUSSADER
17-10-2007, 21:09
There's a few but overall, no. If you want a variety of bits or you just want a bunch of extra bits to horde for some unknown reason, as said before, buy the lord. The termi lord has it all and much more.

kazkal
17-10-2007, 22:31
Ya but still doesn't give you what you need for generic set up :/

EVIL INC
17-10-2007, 23:34
Shouldnt be too hard to find "gasp":eek: an IMPERIAL marine player (;)) to trade with to get thier claws to convert. You see loads of people on e-bay auctioning off the various bits and there are several online bitz people who sell them regulerly. Heck, go to the trade section here and advertise you want some. If you get really really desperate, use powerfists and convert knife blades onto them.

kazkal
17-10-2007, 23:37
ya been checking for bits daily heh.

AmKhaibitu
18-10-2007, 01:34
Or scout around your local chaos players. Some of us bought the lord kit to make a sorcerer, thus have spare claws.
Or perhaps people decided on a powerfist or the axe or chainfist, hence have spare claws.

They're out there, and 3 pairs isn't impossible. I just like to have the spare bits just in case.

sing Sang a song
18-10-2007, 02:41
i saw it in WD so im 100% sure this is right
2 powerfists
1 chainfist
3 combi-bolters
1 combi-melta
1 mutated arm
1 reaper cannon
1 heavy flamer
1 combi falmer
1 power maul
2 power axes

RavenMorpheus
18-10-2007, 02:43
Hmm that list seems to me that there is a combi-bolter missing - Don't know about anyone else or the OP but I don't want to spend points on a combi-melta for example that I don't want to use in my Chaos Terminator squads but the boxed set is forcing you to do that from the looks of it? :confused:

Having said that it seems you don't get enough of anything to field 5 terminators with for example 5 power fists as I normally would (based on the now old codex) so if you can still do that you need to buy more boxed sets so I suppose it makes sense financially - well for GW anyway :mad:

When will GW realise we don't want to have to buy 2 boxed sets just to field 1 squad as we want it? :mad:

kazkal
18-10-2007, 05:52
Or scout around your local chaos players. Some of us bought the lord kit to make a sorcerer, thus have spare claws.
Or perhaps people decided on a powerfist or the axe or chainfist, hence have spare claws.

They're out there, and 3 pairs isn't impossible. I just like to have the spare bits just in case.

Where I live there aren't alot of players so no real bits floating around :p
Ebay is really my only source.

When will GW realise we don't want to have to buy 2 boxed sets just to field 1 squad as we want it?

They know /cry

The Orange
18-10-2007, 06:21
I think the main problem was that those spiky bits (that go on the back) took up so much space on the termi sprue. They have so many options (rules-wise), but so little bitz because the sprue is just completely maxed out.

RavenMorpheus
18-10-2007, 06:23
I think the main problem was that those spiky bits (that go on the back) took up so much space on the termi sprue. They have so many options (rules-wise), but so little bitz because the sprue is just completely maxed out.

So put another sprue of bits in the box - it's quite simple really.

Monkey in packing department put extra sprue in box...

Even if they can't fit the bits on the current sprues it wouldn't take much to do an extra sprue - I'd even be prepared to pay an extra couple of /$ if I knew the box came with 5 of all the basic options (power fist/combi bolter x5 for example) and I didn't have to pay twice the price for the parts I wanted to make just 5 models.

Admiral Samuel Eden
18-10-2007, 06:42
Depending on what you equipped your aspiring champions with you should have some power swords left. Some basic converting can make those terminator power swords. I assume that you have chaos marine squads because you need them to have a legal army.

kazkal
18-10-2007, 08:55
Last time I checked I got a Rhino with a sprue of just spikey bits :p why can't termies be the same way.

Happy
18-10-2007, 14:00
I've checked out battlewagonbits, and they have at least loyalist LCs that I can get a hold of pretty casually. I suspect i'll end up buying 1 lord, then filling in the other two with loyalist bits.