PDA

View Full Version : Avp

Forgotmytea
13-04-2005, 11:36
Hi everyone,

Just watched AVP again, and I got onto a train of thought at the end.
*Before you read any more, if you haven't seen AvP, this may spoil the ending, or the entire film together. So, if you don't want that to happen, LOOK AT A DIFFERENT THREAD NOW! I recommend Fantasy General discussion. :p *

Moving on.... I was thinking, what are your opinions on what happens after the alien comes out the predator's dead body on the Pred's ship? Will it flourish on the ship and kill the preds, and if so, what happens when the ship gets home/wherever it's destination is? Or will the preds find it and kill it in the same cool way the pred in the pyramid killed the facehuggerr (you know, when he caught it in mid-jump and broke it's neck :D)?

Any opinions?

Kargos Bloodspit
13-04-2005, 11:52
Try doing spoilers by setting the font color of that particular area to black. (highlight below)

Like so.

Wolflord Bloodangel
13-04-2005, 12:02
How would you like to be a single alien aboard a ship full of fully blooded, veteran hunters... whose idea of sport involves ripping an alien apart with their bare hands... I dont care if its a predalien, it is so screwed its not even funny. Thats probably a sealed room the corpse was in, so theyll feed it some cattle, let it grow to full size, release it onto an unsuspecting world somewhere, then go down to hunt it later...

Lord Balor
13-04-2005, 12:07
It was Directed by Paul W.S Anderson, need i say anymore?

Just for the record, he himself said that he like to take something and put his own spin on it...

*shudders*

As for Preds with Bare Hands, those first two did a great Job :P

Aliens Pwn Preds in CC
Preds Pwn Alien at Ranged
Marines get Pwned either way

Delicious Soy
13-04-2005, 12:11
Try doing spoilers by setting the font color of that particular area to black. (highlight below)

Like so.is this on?

Maybe not. Though I'm not good with tags.

Wolflord Bloodangel
13-04-2005, 12:11
One on One an pred is more than a match for an alien in close combat.... Normally when a hunting party finds an isolated alien they consider it dishonourable to kill it with weaponry....Often the pack leader will use the opportunity to demonstrate close combat techniques on the poor alien...

Take a read of the original AvP books..... Preds are hardcore ;)

Sai-Lauren
13-04-2005, 12:30
AvP, well, erm, it had some aliens in, and a few predators. And err... as movies go, it went. :p
It could have been worse I suppose, you could have seen it and then left the cinema into a rain storm. ;)

The original comic was a decent concept, and come out quite well. Maybe if the movie hadn't been trying to follow that concept, it might have come out better, but it was trying to follow it, too far behind (ok, Alien3 and Resurrection and the aborted Predator 3 probably stopped it being done any sooner, but it certainly didn't do itself any favours).

As for the pred-alien, even if they're not actively watching the dead predator just in case, chances are someone will notice the hole made by the chestburster at some point, or we'll have the predators re-enacting the Nostromo scenes from Alien when the crew start going missing :)

Riddy
13-04-2005, 14:07
Well if the preds aren't watching the room and it isn't sealed then that could be one predator ship full of dead preds (Or worse) when it reaches its destination. Although this is probably the most unlikley thing to happen it's the best way for the people working on the film to create a sequal. Probably something along the lines of, Predailens kill lots of people on remote space vessel/scientific base in Russia?, that chick in AvP is brought back as she is the only person who has any experience with the aliens. Preds arrive and they dont kill her due to hunting scars on cheek, Predailiens kill assloads of people and are finally killed, leaving the black chick dead or alive (Doesn't matter, if they need her again they can always clone her :p ) god Alien and Predator films are far too obvious, i seriously hope they either dont make a sequal or they dont make it like this.

Forgotmytea
13-04-2005, 15:57
Nope, still can't get the spoiler tag to work. :(

Anyway, I reckon the alien's chances are pretty slim, as with loads of Predators on board, and only one of him, he's not really gonna get very far, especialy as now the preds also have their plasma cannons and the dude in the cool cloak who gives Lex the spear... :D

The boyz
13-04-2005, 20:45
Perhaps the Alien/ Predator hybrid will become the ultimate killing machine and mince them all up.I am pretty sure though that the Predators as a species have dealt with this problem before in their many battles with the Aliens.

New Cult King
13-04-2005, 22:52
I agree with The Boyz. This probably isn't the first time this has happened.

However, it was horribly predictable. I really cannot understand how Paul W.S Anderson managed to stuff up a film with Aliens AND Predators in it...

Oh, I'm also taking bets on what the W.S might stand for :p

Marty D
14-04-2005, 17:42
i thought the fight between the bull pred (the beastiest of them all) and the alien was pretty naff.

the pred kicked the aliens ass and got it in a net - then some crap went down and the alien won

- that pred was hardcore, he'd have done that alien in no bother

as for the predalien - it looked alot more like an alien than a pred, like 5/6 alien

and the preds were the veteren killers - they'd kill it 5 times before it hit the ground

The boyz
14-04-2005, 19:57
Yeah I agree with you both Marty D and New Cult King. The fight scenes where extremeley dissapointing, through out the film I thought.

Special effects where great though.

Songokuspirit
19-04-2005, 23:18
Or will the preds find it and kill it in the same cool way the pred in the pyramid killed the facehuggerr (you know, when he caught it in mid-jump and broke it's neck :D)?

I gotta agree, when i saw that scene I annoyed my buddies with it for weeks but copying it (pretend chest buster in hand).

Well let's analyse what we know...

Predators created Aliens (look around, you'll find info that backs me)
Predators are honour based, a predalien is an insult to their race and hence is an abomination and so will die very quickly.

but most of all...

A pred space ship plus the clan master (500+ kills overall) all that tracking equipment in the ship VS a new born Chest buster.......

I give it 10 minutes before predaliens are extinct....
If that...

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I HATE THAT ALIEN THAT KILLS 2 PREDS!!!

Would never happen in reality,
SonGoku opposes all Xenomorphs and everything they stand for because of that fight!!!

Of course the humans got butchered as usual, no surprises there....

astrocortex
20-04-2005, 00:25
I gotta agree, when i saw that scene I annoyed my buddies with it for weeks but copying it (pretend chest buster in hand).

Oh but you gotta agree that the scene where the alien is snkeaking down the wall behind the pred, and it seems as though the pred hasn't noticed until he casually slices the aliens face off with his throwing disk was pretty damn :cool: !

Thinking about it it's one of the few good things in that movie actually! :mad:

The pestilent 1
20-04-2005, 00:41
Of course the humans got butchered as usual, no surprises there....

read the AVP book: prey.
:D

long story short..
a human helps one of the predetors to kill an alien queen, he then makes her an honourary member of his clan and teaches her the predetor language

salty
20-04-2005, 10:46
Hmm, debating whether a fictional alien could defeat a fictional other alien in hand to hand combat...

I want in!

Seriously though, don't quote me on this but I heard a rumour that they have already begun production of AVP2, and it has something to do with that damn PredAlien.

Personally I was rooting for the Preds on the surface, but part of me always wanted the Aliens to win... they're just so much cooler!

Salty :)

worldshatterer
20-04-2005, 20:45
Predators created Aliens (look around, you'll find info that backs me)
nope, i read most of the books, don't remember that ever coming up . maybe it was in one i missed . preds however often steal alien eggs and place them on worlds where the alien menace can thrive so they can hunt them .

how many people here have played any of the aliens versus predator games? we all know that on an individual basis the experienced predator will kick alien ass, even predaliens die to a couple of pistol shots . and why couldn't they have worked with the plot from the games/novels and continued it with more Aliens style marine badassery quickly followed by horrendous beating from both xenoscum species?

The pestilent 1
20-04-2005, 21:01
because WS anderson is an idiot?

DeathWish
20-04-2005, 23:44
You have to bear in mind that the main Pred's in the film were young and trying to prove themselves and that all the other Pred's in the ship were old, learned and beastly. That and they had been watching the entire thing so would know that there was a chest-burster in the last Pred.

The only way they could make a sequel carrying on from that storyline would be if the alien managed to somehow avoid being killed and jumped off wherever the Pred's landed. Heck they might even let it go for some sport.

DW