PDA

View Full Version : Demise of Warp Artefacts....hows about licensing?

Mad Doc Grotsnik
17-10-2007, 16:37
For those who care, it seems the Warp Artefacts section of GW is now defunct.

And I find this a bit of a shame, despite never having bought owt from them.

But I think GW are genuinely missing a trick here. Rather than inhouse attempts, why not license out replica weaponry and armour to a third party, like Raven Armoury.

I for one would kill for a replica of Felixs sword, and an Imperial Breastplate. Don't care about the quality, as I'm hardly going to put them to battle testing!

Art Is Resistance
17-10-2007, 17:40
They did this before - in fact I think it was Raven whoused to produce the bits n bobs for them.

Bulldog was another company - who then promptly got snapped up by GW.

blongbling
17-10-2007, 18:22
i find it funny that you say you have never brought from them but you would then buy form someone else...REaven makes the slayer swords (or did at least) for GW....Bulldog was never snapped up by GW, they were notihng to do with GW except for some licensed products but they went out of business.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
17-10-2007, 18:48
It's more that I don't want Archaons sword, but I would like other 'mock period' pieces...

Wolf Scout Ewan
17-10-2007, 19:51
I agree Doc. I bought quite a few things from Warp Artefacts. Mostly pin badges and prints as gifts.

I would have liked to see the line continue but the site went down a long time ago. Its sad really because they did some really lovely stuff.

I would like a Bolt Gun to hang on my wall. But replica weapons are a really grey area in UK law nowadays.

floyd pinkerton
17-10-2007, 20:22
Hasn't it just got rebranded BL merchandise?

FunkyCommissar
17-10-2007, 22:33
yeah, it looks like BL is making belts, pins, hats, etc.

RavenMorpheus
17-10-2007, 22:44
For those who care, it seems the Warp Artefacts section of GW is now defunct.

And I find this a bit of a shame, despite never having bought owt from them.

But I think GW are genuinely missing a trick here. Rather than inhouse attempts, why not license out replica weaponry and armour to a third party, like Raven Armoury.

I for one would kill for a replica of Felixs sword, and an Imperial Breastplate. Don't care about the quality, as I'm hardly going to put them to battle testing!

Raven Armoury used to do the Slayer Sword, not sure if they still do though.

I don't think GW make enough money out of the Warp Artefacts stuff - hence the demise of it. Given the astronimical prices of some of the stuff it's no wonder.

I'd like to see the smaller items re-released and re-priced, the Dog Tags and Belt Buckles that Bulldog were doing for example.

Mikhaila
17-10-2007, 23:19
Bulldog was another company - who then promptly got snapped up by GW.

There were some problems with Bulldog, I believe. This was years back, but I was told that most of the fees they owed GW for royalties and rights never really got paid.
I used to love getting the ork stuff and using it on the front of dreadnaughts.