PDA

View Full Version : Trygon or Heirodule?

Ruroni
17-10-2007, 20:26
So I'm agonizing over this one... Trygon or Heirodule?

It's not about the models as much as gameplay. I know that the 'dule isn't quite as cool of a model, but having the same insane movement speed of the trygon, and 2 nasty as hell bio cannons, is it much more effective on the table?

Sure, the underground swarm datasheet will make my 6 raveners and him show up in the heart of wherever, but the 'dule's charge range is nothign to sneeze at, and with apoc's slanted deployment zones, he could charge pretty quick anyway.

What do you all think?

Crisis Man
17-10-2007, 20:30
Trygon becuase it will help the ravenours out and is a beast in combat

Ruroni
17-10-2007, 20:55
'dule is a beast in combat too though. Pretty close stat wise actually.

JonnyX
17-10-2007, 20:55
how can you say no to lots of str 10 AP 3 shots tho?

Kveld-Ulf
17-10-2007, 21:02
Trygon. That Deep Striking ability will come in handy. Add that to some Raveners, and you've got yourself a fierce assault squad.

Merceus
17-10-2007, 21:13
Trygon. Deep Strike + Raveners as mentioned, and the tremor effect they have when they come in... very cool unit... Where as the Dule is a single model that'll be had at by enemy fire support

Ruroni
17-10-2007, 22:07
how can you say no to lots of str 10 AP 3 shots tho?

That'd be awfully handy at tank killing, something nids sorely lack...

ObiWan
17-10-2007, 22:30
Plus the mycetic rain (IIRC the name) allows you to deep strike 5+ carnis AND 0+ hierodules, if you are looking for deep strikers.

I personally like the Trygon model more though.

Darnok
17-10-2007, 23:00
Trygon. I personally prefer its model over the Hierodule, but the real argument is: you can use the Trygon in your "normal" games of 40K. The Hierodule might be more impressing, but it will only ever see Apoc games. The Trygon is usable in a game of 2000 points. Plus it is cheaper. And has more style.

Damore
17-10-2007, 23:02
I went for the Trygon because of the deep strike/tunnel rules. I like using Raveners and Hormaguants so it works best for me. Once I get time I'm going to build my own Heirodule to join my Carnifexes.

John Vaughan
17-10-2007, 23:05
Trygon for one big reason: Its a hugemongous ravener, and those are smexy beasts!

Brimstone
17-10-2007, 23:28
The Hierodule might be more impressing, but it will only ever see Apoc games. The Trygon is usable in a game of 2000 points. Plus it is cheaper. And has more style.

Why? they are heavy support choices if you use their standard non apocalypse rules.

I own both and while the Trygon is a better model IMO I'd pick the Barbed Heirodule ahead of it.

Even the Scythed heirodule will be good when used to deepstrike in apocalypse games (It used to be too slow).

GimpMaster
17-10-2007, 23:52
Why? they are heavy support choices if you use their standard non apocalypse rules.

I own both and while the Trygon is a better model IMO I'd pick the Barbed Heirodule ahead of it.

Even the Scythed heirodule will be good when used to deepstrike in apocalypse games (It used to be too slow).

i own both the trygon and the barbed hierodule as well..
trygon in non apocalypse games hands down wins...its a friggen beast...
in apocalypse games however the barbed hierodule shines...place it inside of a building and you have one hell of a rock hard tank busting monster....2 rounds of shooting from it can usually take down anything (short of a warlord)

trygon is deffinetly with out a doubt a nicer model...and in general gaming is a lot better choice...however for big battles i once again gotta say go for the hierodule..

and if you really wanna go all out...buy the hierophant...i have one of those as well...and he is a fricken beast...he can easily kill 2 or 3 of the other gargantuan creatures single handedly....can occassionally blow up a warhound or a baneblade in a single turn of firing...(give him that 2+ to hit strategem and something big is going to leave the table...heh) and its a bad ass looking model

Grimbad
18-10-2007, 01:28
Trygons are among the few things that ever bested my feral ork warboss in close combat.
Here's a bit of insight into that.
Grimbad & retinue- about 500 points
-Warboss on Supa Cyboar (which gives the best save a feral ork can get)
-PK
-big shoota
-pretty much every other option
-Nobz, cyboarz, pretty much every option
-Pigdok, cyboar, big shoota, many options

Trygon- Too few points
-Pure awesome.

It was over in one round, with the nobz and boss wiped out to the last ork.

Trygons can also have broods follow them through the tunnels, which makes me really want to see a subterranean swarm (trygon, raveners) be followed up with two swarms of ten ripper bases, for sheer tyranid snakey overload.

Ruroni
18-10-2007, 03:33
ohhhh such a hard choice. I'm leaning towards trygon now though. I figure I can use my Malefactor under heirodule rules if I wanted

Bregalad
20-10-2007, 10:49
Also depends on the game system: Apocalypse or normal, as the Hierodule has very different rules in both, being better (shooting) and more expensive in Apocalypse.

I still have to try it out, but I would try a Trygon in both games, a Hierodule only in Apoc. And I like the Trygon model, but take old Armorcast models for the Hierodule, as I don't like that FW model.

Norminator
20-10-2007, 10:54
I would say Tyrgon. When you go for Forgeworld stuff the price really dictates that tactical use is a secondry factor; you've got to go on the look, and IMO the Trygon is far superior to the Heirodule. If you are unsure about what's better tactically but like the look of the Trygon more, get the Trygon.

kuriad
20-10-2007, 13:33
How can you use the tyrgon in normal non-apoc games??

Is there a downloadable pdf or something that allows the use of this model?

Bregalad
22-10-2007, 19:27
Same as with all FW models: In a FW book (in this case Imperial Armour 4).

Tulun
22-10-2007, 20:38
Any word on when Apoc rules for the Trygon / Scythed will be released?

Both sound awesome, but I'd rather use Apoc versions of them (simply to avoid junk like Mass points).