PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast!

Rattlehead
17-10-2007, 21:56
HI!
I'm the middle of a game with my tk's vs dark elves.
We have encountered a cenario and don't know how the outcome is supposed to be!

This happened: His harpies charged my screaming scull catapult that had 2 crew left and my tomb prince. They killed one of the 2 crews and wounded my prince 1 wound. I killed 1 harpie. The combat res was: for him: 2 wounds and outnoumbering = 3 and for me: killed 1 = 1. OK i lose by 2 but how to allocate the wounds? Can i take the to wounds on the catapult or do i have to kill my crewmember and the prince?
This is urgent! thankfull for answears!

time is ticking :P

Makaber
17-10-2007, 21:58
Well, I'd allocate wounds like if they'd be suffered by hits, otherwise it gives TK's a weird advantage. So I'd say you lose the crew and prince.

pcgamer72
17-10-2007, 22:11
I have always played (and seen it played) that the TK player can allocate wounds in any fashion he wishes. You can put two wounds on the Catapult, one on the Catapult and another on the Prince, or any other combination you wish.

nurgle_boy
17-10-2007, 22:11
each unit takes the damage I beleive. for warmachines this is a bit iffy, so maybe hit both the crew and the machine, counting the machine as a construct (so one less wound taken)

either way, your prince just bit the dust... again...

pcgamer72
17-10-2007, 22:18
each unit takes the damage I beleive. for warmachines this is a bit iffy, so maybe hit both the crew and the machine, counting the machine as a construct (so one less wound taken)

either way, your prince just bit the dust... again...

I don't believe this is true. If a Prince is in a unit of Tomb Guard and they lose combat by 7, the prince does not lose 7 wounds in addition to 7 Tomb Guard dying.

theunwantedbeing
17-10-2007, 22:23
If the harpies charge then the tomb prince must be part of the unit otherwise the harpies would not be able to charge both things.

In this situation you get to choose what loses the wounds and the character is safe from harm assuming there are enough spare wounds to allocate to while keeping him alive.

You simply drop 2 wounds off the catapult itself as it has 3, so survives.
There is a crew member remaining as well so both things are still alive.

Rattlehead
17-10-2007, 22:27
That's what i thought.. Well this time we plyed it his way and my prince died, killed 1 (omfg) harpie with curse and they charged into my hierophant and killed him too....

If i had put the wounds on the catapult, things would have been very very different