PDA

View Full Version : ork squigoth

Ork_Warboss
18-10-2007, 01:56
Ok I have a question about the Squigoth from FW.(note I never bought from FW before) Does this assemble like a normal vehicle, seperate parts, etc? It also says it comes with a crew, are they just talking about normal plastic orks or different ones? Last question is, it says you can see rules in one of the books, Do I have to buy that book to see rules and not the latest one?

I wanted to know this because I'm thinking of getting this like mabye x-mas.
(this ain't the really big squigoth!) Also off topic, do they ship to places good?
:skull:

RavenMorpheus
18-10-2007, 02:15
Check out the M P & T section for an FAQ on FW models - particularly resin which is what the Squiggoth is made from.

As for the rules - you need to buy one of the Imperial Armour books iirc, not sure if it's the latest one or not though.

One tip - it's not for noobs ;)

blackdog
18-10-2007, 04:45
Rules: The rules for the large squigoth are in the 2006 update.

Crew: They include an ork plastic sprue

Assembly: It comes in multiple pieces. IIRC you get the body, howda, tusks, and the option of using a jaw armor thing (I assembled mine without this).

Shipping: never had any problems ordering directly from them. If you're in the US and you've got a battle bunker near you then you can order it from them and it should be slightly cheaper since the local taxes are usually less than the 12% FW charge for shipping.

killa kan kaus
18-10-2007, 04:54
If you play feral orks you can use their squiggy rules

Grimbad
18-10-2007, 07:25
The big squig or the gargantuan?
Big squig rules are in whatever the latest IA update is. The last time I checked, the big squig rules were identical to the medium squiggoth rules in the original feral ork white dwarf article, meaning that unlike the more recent feral ork updates, the FW squig can transport a mob.
The gargantuan is in apocalypse and is scary cool.

Ork_Warboss
18-10-2007, 11:18
It ain't the garg. squig, it's the big one, so If I buy the latest book it will the the squig rules in it?
Oh yeah and also what guns can you arm on squig, I click link and it doesn't work?

lachlin
18-10-2007, 12:28
The big squiggoth rules are in imperial armor update.

Deamon-forge
18-10-2007, 12:34
Its very easy to make as the kit is very easy, the gargant which i also own rules the kits great, Just remember to clean the model very well.

Ork_Warboss
18-10-2007, 20:41
Thanks guys,but can someone answer my gun question?

Ork_Warboss
18-10-2007, 22:23
Im sorry to bump, but I really need to know what guns the normal squigoth can use and how much. (once again link on web don't work)

SquishySquig
18-10-2007, 22:47
:skull: You can arm it with one big gun (Kannon, Lobba, Zzap) I personally like putting a Zzap on it and having either flash gitz w/ rokkits or tankbustas embarked on it for some tank killing. Works well in cityfight. :skull:

Ork_Warboss
18-10-2007, 23:47
Hmm nice idea, are you able to put mini guns on it like heavy shootas, etc.

SquishySquig
19-10-2007, 00:04
:skull: I'm not positive and I'm at work so not able to check, but I think it's just a the one big gun. The Gargantuan Squiggoth can hold a whole lot of dakka. But I still find the normal squiggoth very useful, infact I actually stopped using them for a while because I was starting to worry that they were the reason I was winning my games, but turned out I won without them so they're back in because I like them. :skull: