PDA

View Full Version : More money and its impacts?

BigRob
18-10-2007, 08:19
Hello,

Alot of Mordhiem campaigns start, fizzle and die after a couple of weeks. This usually means you never get a big game.

So.... How unbalancing would it be if you started with say, 1000 crowns. No buying advances or stuff like in a one off game, just starting a warband with 1000 instead of 500 (Marienburgers get thier +200 of course). This lets you buy a few mutations, some decent equipment, a full roster or even just something you'd never take otherwise like a hochland rifle or Warplock pistols The only thing I see as a probelm is hiredsword spamming so maybe restrict to 0-2 Hired Swords.

Any thoughts?

Guyver OmegaX
18-10-2007, 13:45
My games club are running a Fantasy campaign that incorperates Mordheim (long story short, each round consists of a Warhammer games and Mordheim game).

We started off with 750GC to buy a warband, and it's changed the dynamic of several warbands in some interesting ways.

Several warbands have started with a monster in them. Obviously this is most of the 250 extra crowns gone, but the impact these creatures have on the games can be immense.

One person took the option of tooling up a standard warband with plenty of extra equipment, and he seems to be struggling a bit (partly because he doesn't know the game, admittedly) - it does mean that you're more cautious about which of his models you engage though, as any of them could have a nasty equipment surprise!

Finally, we have a horde warband - all cheap, low-level members. The turn-over of henchmen dying and being replaced is huge!

Inquisitor Konig
14-11-2007, 03:55
If you know that your campaign is going to "Fizzle and Die" then why not take extra GCs to start with. However, monsters in starting warbands can be a little over powering... Not much can stand up to multiple T4 W2 models starting out... Gosh I hate possessed!!!