PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld review site...

reds8n
18-10-2007, 11:40
this site (http://cypramundi.blogspot.com/)
, given time and effort, could well be invaluable. Basically the "author" wants to build up a comprehensive consumer friendly hints and tips guide for FW products.

to quote " I知 pleased to announce the opening of Cypra Mundi, a blog dedicated to helping the average gamer to make informed purchases from Forge World!

This blog will feature pictures (unassembled, WIP and finished) of and commentary about various Forge World products, which hopefully will let you know exactly what to expect when ordering your extremely expensive resin models!

Any images and articles can be sent to: cypramundi@insightbb.com (I知 not rich enough to buy a lot of Forge World, so I知 gonna need some help with pics!)

We start with an extremely nice write-up of the Elysian Command Squad by Dakka Dakka poster MOBILEHQ. Expect to see posts covering the Marauder Destroyer (by Dakka Dakka poster Mithras) and the Eldar Phoenix Bomber (by me!) in the near future. I値l also make a post on the site about the sorts of things I知 looking for.

Anyway, the url is: cypramundi.blogspot.com

Come visit, and enjoy!

Thanks,

Jim "

Let's hope this commendable effort succeeds.

Hellebore
18-10-2007, 13:40
Nice idea.

Those miniatures aren't the easiest to put together.

Nice.

Hellebore

Deamon-forge
18-10-2007, 13:48
Nice idea, if you need any photos of unmade FW models i have a few inc the DKoK rang, as i order alot from FW. if intressted pm me

Jedi152
18-10-2007, 13:59
Hmmm ... consider it bookmarked. I've never brought anything except fantasy terrain, but i might invest in a few bits soon.

Similarly, i found a site ages ago with reviews of a few of the tank kits, their moulding and easy of assembly etc. Can't remember it now sadly.

reds8n
18-10-2007, 13:59
It's not me doing it, I just thougt it was a sound idea and decided to spread the word. As Mr. (? hope that's right:p) Hellebore said some are a tad awkward to assemble, and this site might help.

So I will ask if you have the piccies and time then please do send them on to the gent concerned.

Jedi152
18-10-2007, 14:04
As Mr. (? hope that's right:p) Hellebore said some are a tad awkward to assemble, and this site might help.
You're right. He's only Ms. Hellebore at the weekend.

:D

I'm thinking of getting the Venerable MkIV dread, and i'm concerned it's going to be a sod to put together - i hope he does it soon!

reds8n
18-10-2007, 14:14

I'm thinking of getting the Venerable MkIV dread, and i'm concerned it's going to be a sod to put together - i hope he does it soon!

<buys webcam for weekend>:D

I've seen that model, didn't seem too bad from what I recall. Do it and send the pics, think of all the other gamers you might help, as your name lives on throughout history, lauded...

well, perhaps not but a man can dream eh ! ;)

floyd pinkerton
18-10-2007, 20:42
looks like a good idea.

I've got a hellblade chaos fighter untouched here, I may take some pics as i go through it:)

Hellebore
22-10-2007, 05:38

It's my flowery (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellebore) name, I know.;)

Hellebore

reds8n
22-10-2007, 10:07
And people say the internet isn't educational.:D