PDA

View Full Version : Recieved UK WD Early + Offer found inside

untimention
18-10-2007, 13:39
was very surprised today when a large thud hit the floor and i sore it was November WD magazine on 18th October

However something cool i found inside was a christmas pull-out that showed a White Dwarf offer

It didn't state a release date so i called GW up and they didn't have a date but for 40 you get a years subscription and an unreleased 6th Space marine veteran.... this is like the goblin hero subscription ( that i have to say i purchased)

MampiSwift
18-10-2007, 15:11
is it the beaky guy with a power axe? it was the best looking vet of the lot so i pre ordered my vets and when the box arrived it had been replaced with a vet holding a bolter and nothing else. great

untimention
18-10-2007, 15:12
beaky mask with boltgun and chain sword

Stella Cadente
18-10-2007, 15:44
hmm 40 for a model is a bit much, since I wouldn't want a subscription, but maybe someone will be in an opposite situation and not want the model

I believe its this guy then
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/sterling101_photos/Veteran5.jpg

floyd pinkerton
18-10-2007, 15:52
ooh, shame I've already got a subscription.

Shame I've got a subscription:(:D

Jedi152
18-10-2007, 15:59
hmm 40 for a model is a bit much, since I wouldn't want a subscription, but maybe someone will be in an opposite situation and not want the model

I believe its this guy then
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/sterling101_photos/Veteran5.jpg
Simple solution: Offer someone a deal. They pay 34, you pay 6.

You get the model for a standard price, they get 12 WD's for 2.83p each.

THE CHIEF
18-10-2007, 16:06

Shame they're not even worth that though innit

Stella Cadente
18-10-2007, 16:07

yeah but the hard part is finding a sucker willing to have a WD subscription:D

Jomee
18-10-2007, 18:54
Hmmm. I'll probably go for it, I haven't bought WD for a few years (I agree with most people in the view that it's not worth the money), but another 12 issues after such a long break might be ok, considering that I always buy the GD issue anyway (so I'll only be paying for an extra 11).

Crube
18-10-2007, 19:19
Also, bear in mind that WD Subscription Gobbos can go for anything up to 30 on eBay. I still have mine sealed in the box.

If I collected 40K ltd Ed minis, then I'd probably extend my sub - I find it worth the 2 odd I pay for it personally. As it is, I only collect WFB ones, so I'll leave it for now...

RavenMorpheus
18-10-2007, 19:31
was very surprised today when a large thud hit the floor and i sore it was November WD magazine on 18th October

However something cool i found inside was a christmas pull-out that showed a White Dwarf offer

It didn't state a release date so i called GW up and they didn't have a date but for 40 you get a years subscription and an unreleased 6th Space marine veteran.... this is like the goblin hero subscription ( that i have to say i purchased)

I think I'll stick to my pay as you go routine of buying WD. I've already got enough SM models and mostly these days WD lasts 5 minutes before it goes in the toilet to be used again ;) :D

Wintermute
18-10-2007, 19:42
I'ev moved this thread to the Other GW discussion forum.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition

Stella Cadente
18-10-2007, 19:56
I think I'll stick to my pay as you go routine of buying WD. I've already got enough SM models and mostly these days WD lasts 5 minutes before it goes in the toilet to be used again ;) :D
the problem I find there is that the pages are not very absorbent

Killgore
18-10-2007, 20:20
so you have the WD... well what articles are in it? any good? bad?

RavenMorpheus
18-10-2007, 21:52
the problem I find there is that the pages are not very absorbent

Heh, I lol'd.

Seriously and more on topic I don't see how anyone can justify buying WD on a sub at the moment, free mini or not.

Crube
18-10-2007, 22:05
I'd look at it as

WD sub = 40

Ltd Ed min (thru eBay) = 25

Cost of mags = 15

Per issue = 1.25

That's not too bad if you ask me. I reckon there'll be a few of these models on eBay shortly, and they'l get that sort of price. Why not get one, sell it, then get 3 Wd for the price of 1? ;)

untimention
18-10-2007, 22:15
yes its the model as pictured above.

ive got every WD from the day i started.... i wudnt go for a sub but the model makes it worth while as i collect ltd gw models.

Lord Gordonis
18-10-2007, 22:16
I wouldnt habe thought it would come early which was also good. I thought that this was good, lots about the new high elves as you would expect them to for a new release. There were also shots of the new Space Orks in there, which were cool. The new toolkit and how they are used. A Apocalypse and Cityfight Campaign which was very interesting to see. A Lotr tatica of monsters. A masterclass for the new High elves although the step 1 was in a different language altogether, but on the rest of the steps they were english. and the usual suspects ie, standard bearer, battle report, tis all really.

Crube
18-10-2007, 22:17
To be fair, i think if you're in a position like untimention, this makes a great deal of sense. As i mentioned, if I collected all ltd models, I would extend my sub, but I only collect WFB ones.... Maybe in another year's time, there'll be another Wfb one....

OBISPUDKENOBI
18-10-2007, 22:55
nice model ! not sure i need a white dwarf subscription though

grickherder
19-10-2007, 03:46
The last time I subscribed to White Dwarf, the deal was 75 dollars with 35 dollars of free bits and free shipping on any other bits you wanted to add the order. That was a deal. And White Dwarf had more content.

But hey, if you want the magazine, you may as well get the free unreleased miniature.

Khornies & milk
19-10-2007, 06:03
Well I don't mind it actually. I have only been reading them for about a year - year and a half, so it hasn't become tiresome for me.
People who have been reading it for years obviously have seen it decline, but I'm not at that point yet.
I wouldn't get a Subscription though as it's easier for the Wife to pick it up for me on her way home.

Jedi152
19-10-2007, 08:49
Also, bear in mind that WD Subscription Gobbos can go for anything up to 30 on eBay. I still have mine sealed in the box.

If I collected 40K ltd Ed minis, then I'd probably extend my sub - I find it worth the 2 odd I pay for it personally. As it is, I only collect WFB ones, so I'll leave it for now...
Buy the subscription and eBay the mini - SM's sell quite well, if you're very lucky you might get the price of the subscription back.

If i can sell a 1 book for 21, anything's possible! :)

untimention
19-10-2007, 13:28
was that one of the black libary offer books ?

Jedi152
19-10-2007, 13:35
Yes, The Sabbat World's Crusade. I just got really lucky - there weren't many other copies on there and i found two people that wanted it.

untimention
19-10-2007, 13:39
i made some good money from that offer as well .... but i did end up keeping alot

Jedi152
19-10-2007, 13:41
I only sold that and Index Astartes as they didn't really meet my expectations.

I'm still slowly going through the stack of books i brought...

untimention
19-10-2007, 13:43
same ere still havent read half the stuff and i was lucky as i got the ltd ' book of the dead'