PDA

View Full Version : Which Baneblade works better w/o Sponsons?

SanguinaryDan
18-10-2007, 21:38
GW never ceases to amaze me. I picked up my BB on Sunday, got home and found I was missing sprue #4 (track guard and sponson bitz). :cries:

So I called CustServ and was told they'd get me a new one. I assumed they meant Sprue #4. Nope. They sent me a new Baneblade. :D

But now I'm left with a problem I never thought I'd have. Which version to build complete and which one to fix with plasticard.

So what do y'all think? Is the Baneblade a better choice for AV14 sides than the Hellhammer? Heck is it even worthwhile building a Hellhammer?

Sovereign
18-10-2007, 22:16
One of your tanks won't have Sponsons. OK.

AV14 is useful in negating damage from S7 weapons (i.e. Plasmaguns), which tend to Rapid-Fire at short-range.

The Hellhammer has a shorter-ranged main gun, so it is more likely to be in counterfire range. Also, it's sponsons are Flamers instead of Heavy Bolters, so you're only really losing the Lascannons in the swap for AV14.

Quentin
18-10-2007, 22:17
Wait wait wait wait. Okay sorry, but I have a serious question. Why the heck does GW and FW seem to be so generous when it comes to replacing products? I always read on this forum about people having problems with kits, and then they call customer service, and they usually seem to get a complete replacement, no questions asked.

What's stopping me from buying a complete nothing-wrong-with-it Baneblade, phoning customer services, lieing that it's missing sprues, then get another totally new one free? What if there's already cheating b*****ds doing that right now?

marv335
18-10-2007, 22:51
It's cheaper to send out a replacement than it is to arrange collection of a damaged/deficient kit

Quentin
18-10-2007, 22:53
It's cheaper to send out a replacement than it is to arrange collection of a damaged/deficient kit

Oh right, I see.

Spell_of_Destruction
18-10-2007, 22:54
What's stopping me from buying a complete nothing-wrong-with-it Baneblade, phoning customer services, lieing that it's missing sprues, then get another totally new one free? What if there's already cheating b*****ds doing that right now?

I suppose the system works fine as long as not too many people do just that.

Frep
18-10-2007, 22:57
GW's customer service is so good that I occassionally feel disapointed that all my kits have come in perfect condition. I mean I've heard of free kits because of silly things missing like an arm, but oh well, I'm not one to take advantedge of such a thing. Although I was sorely tempted when I was sent the New Brettonian battalion when I ordered the old one, It was the one displayed so I kindof expected to get it

Quentin
18-10-2007, 22:59
I suppose the system works fine as long as not too many people do just that.

Mmkay. I guess you'd have to be a right b****** to try that. It'd eat into GW's profits and it wouldn't be good if the **** couldn't buy anymore models if the company went away. Also I suppose if he got caught, I'm sure there'd be at least one heavy fine served for him.

Tags
18-10-2007, 22:59
Hmmm, seems to me their just sending me a sprue with the sponsons... ;/ Which one of my BB's was missing, course my second one had a whole extra sprue.

SanguinaryDan
18-10-2007, 23:06
I'm also guessing that your personal sense of right and wrong should have something to do with it. ;)

I honestly don't get it myself. All I needed was one sprue. It should be a lot cheaper for them to ship a single sprue than an entire Super Heavy tank.

Regardless, am I better off building a BB or an HH with sponsons? I really do want the option of fielding either depending on the game. Am I better off having AV14 sides on a Hellhammer crawling thru a city or are some Hvy Flamers more useful?

Leftenant Gashrog
18-10-2007, 23:09
I believe they do have a limit on the number of replacements a single person can get, I recall a professional painter was bitching about it on another forum once as it wasnt based on the amount of purchases a person had made but was a flat rate for everyone (so professional painters who went through ten times as many mini's would find they couldnt get replacements)

Quentin
18-10-2007, 23:14
Well then that's cleared up for me then. I'll stop this hijacking of the thread now. Personally I'd keep a hold of the sponson-less Baneblade until FW release conversion kits for stuff like the Stormsword.

szlachcic
18-10-2007, 23:19
I would say give the Baneblade the sponsons and let the HH have the AV14 sides.

The BB should be mostly sitting back, hopefully keeping away from harm. The HH would most likely be used in cityfights and would benefit from the additional protection as it brings its main cannon to bear.

Dren Krelar
18-10-2007, 23:26
Build the full Baneblade.

Use the one missing the sponsons for a AV 14 Hellhammer or some other kind of tank conversion.

EVIL INC
19-10-2007, 00:21
it seems many of the mail order problems could be solved by hiring mail order pickers and employees who are not actually gamers. At a shop I used to play at we had this skinny stinky guy who wore a horsetail (yeah, I know LOL) and made it a point to cheat at the games he played at every opportunity. He would spend countless hours regaling us with how godly he was because he used to be a picker for GW. He spent lots of time telling us how he and his buddies spent more time stealing stuff for themselves or goofing off or messing up orders just so that odd stuff would get given to employees. If more of the people who worked there werent gamers and looked at thier jobs as "jobs" rather then opportunites for lining thier model cases and bitz boxes, it would be loads more efficient and less orders would be screwed up.
Of course, that is not to say that all employees at that level are like that (as I know that not everyone would succumb to those temptations) but the way this guy talked, they were where he worked. Failing that, closer watch on employees and making sure that these things are nipped in the bud. Maybe making the gamers bosses and those who dont care anything about the hobby the line workers rather then the other way around.
Rant done. :angel:

Quentin
19-10-2007, 00:28
Perhaps a GW Commissariat would be in order?

Regulation xlxvii.

Any GW mail order employee found guilty of theft of bitz will be flogged (not less than 50 times), beaten (not less than 20 blows) and then shot.
(Art. 3249/j3)

Also, now that I think about it, a side armored Hellhammer would be very useful.

Bunnahabhain
19-10-2007, 00:48
I'd wait for the Shadowsword conversion kit from forge world.

GW customer service is wonderful. I have found every time I've dealt with them, they are helpful, and tend to replace whole kits. It may be cheaper and easier, but it also makes people with missing bits feel alot better.

If only the rules development/FAQ writers were a tenth as good

Frep
19-10-2007, 00:51
For the full reduncy you should have the beating follow the shooting.

catbarf
19-10-2007, 00:57
So I called CustServ and was told they'd get me a new one. I assumed they meant Sprue #4. Nope. They sent me a new Baneblade. :D

Oh. My. F%$#ing. God. That is just so awesome.

killa kan kaus
19-10-2007, 02:34
I am tempted to mail order from g-dub just to see if I can get lucky.
Anyway side armoured hellhammer is what I would do