PDA

View Full Version : How Many Power dice?

axxizzer
06-09-2005, 04:01
Hello, I have started a nice little fast Tzeentch army and I am currently wondering how many dipel dice I should have in a 2K point army.

I use 2 marked Exalteds (level 2 sorcerors, one has a Spell familiar, and one has a power familiar) and one Marked lord (levl 4)

that means I have 3 potent spell-casters and 14 magic dice to use.

How many do I really need? I am kinda looking to taking the mark off of one or 2 of my units and I was just wondering on how that will affect my ability to win.

Thank you for your future responses!

Ganymede
06-09-2005, 05:33
You never need more than 12 power dice. Cast three magic missiles and two big spells and be done with it. Remember, Tzeentch isn't exactly a gamebreaking lore; the majority of your spells will be magic missiles. Don't count on it to give you good returns beyond 10-12 dice.

Personally, I would be keeping your marked characters in marauder units, so you can keep the free undivided mark on your warrior and knight units.

axxizzer
07-09-2005, 03:08
so youre saying that I should take the mark off of my knights?

I think that would be a good idea, if only for the points and the ReRoll for Leadership....

Ganymede
08-09-2005, 01:41
Damn Right!

Darmort
08-09-2005, 13:53
Well I wouldn't Mark Knights in a Tzeentch Army. Save 20 Points and re-roll Break Tests?
Personally, I'd just have a pair of Chariots with the mark and leave it at that, then have two Exalted Champions of Tzeentch, and a Lord of Undivided, then two Chariots of Tzeentch, two or three Marauder Blocks (You'll need the numbers. And Marauders are pretty good anyway), maybe a Knight unit, and definitely a Warrior unit to back your Marauders up. I'd use some Marauder Riders as well, with flails they can make pretty good flankers, while Marauders just go at it with Hand Weapons, Light Armour and Shields.
The Warriors should have Shields, and shouldn't really be Chosen, neither should any Knights be Chosen. Personally, I'd stick from Tzeentch, though, although the Eye of Tzeentch is nice, give it to an Exalted on Disc...

Lordmonkey
08-09-2005, 21:44
Well I wouldn't Mark Knights in a Tzeentch Army. Save 20 Points and re-roll Break Tests?

No. Save points, and re-roll psychology tests. Remember that break tests are not classed as psychology - unit immune to psychology can still break, for example.