PDA

View Full Version : Weapons for the Greatswords

Morholt
18-10-2007, 20:52
Hi,
Am new to Warhammer and designing an Empire army, can I substitute greathammers for the greatswords used by The Greatsword Units and still be tourament legal? Would it be sort of a "counts as", the whole conversion thing is a little confusing for me. Thanks for any help.

Festus
18-10-2007, 20:54
Great Weapons are Great Weapons, generally, no difference if swords or hammers or axes - ruleswise.

Festus

Crube
18-10-2007, 21:02
They are to all intents and purposes the same.

They both require 2 hands to use, so should be no problem. Sounds like you're doing the same as me, and using Teutogen Guard models for Great Swords....

Morholt
18-10-2007, 21:05
Thanks for the answers. Yes I am doing the Teutogen Guards as Greatswords, going with a viking/ulric type theme, any suggestions on some other substitutions for empire units,(I just can't get excited about the rennaiscance looking empire)

Crube
18-10-2007, 21:15
I'm going for the Storm of Chaos list as a base, then adapting the entries for a 'legal' Empire army...

so my Wolfkin (Mordhiem middenheimers) become the front few ranks of my Militia, and I use only white Wolf Knights, and minimum handgunners, and artillery. My priests are all priests of Ulric (using Prayers of sigmar, renamed in name only)

I also have many Hairy heads that I am using to convert most of my troops. My Archer scouts all have Whie Wolf cloaks attached. I pay particular attention to unit champions. The Uli model form Mordheim is particularly good for a champion for a Halberdier unit *If you can find one....)

empireguard
18-10-2007, 21:25
I'm guessing you already plan to use Ulric Priests

there's some Kislev that might look good in your army

Have a look in the classic section of GW website

T10
19-10-2007, 06:37
For modelling purposes the majority of your unit should be armed with the "correct" weapons. There is nothing wrong with mixing in a few warhammer-and-shield or two-warhammer models.

-T10

bosstroll
19-10-2007, 10:57
For modelling purposes the majority of your unit should be armed with the "correct" weapons. There is nothing wrong with mixing in a few warhammer-and-shield or two-warhammer models.

-T10

He means replacing greatswords with greathammers, they're exactly the same rules wise ;)

T10
19-10-2007, 12:50
I know what he means, and I suspect he's planning to make use of the White Wolf cavalry hammers from the Empire Knights box

ZomboCom
19-10-2007, 14:03
T10: Not likely, he's already said he intends to use the Teutogen Guard models.

Morholt
19-10-2007, 20:56
Hi
Yes I want to just use the Teutogen Guard as Greatswords. I am just worried it might not be tournement legal or perhaps considered by some to be in poor taste

empireguard
20-10-2007, 00:31
Hi
Yes I want to just use the Teutogen Guard as Greatswords. I am just worried it might not be tournement legal or perhaps considered by some to be in poor taste

No it's considered cool:D

ZomboCom
20-10-2007, 08:24
Yup, using Teutogen guard as greatswords is tournament legal, absolutely fine and frankly a very good idea.

Great hammers and Great swords are the same ruleswise, so WYSIWYG is not affected.

Artemis
20-10-2007, 10:56
And besides, it's not as if they can be used as anything else these days...

T10
20-10-2007, 19:45
Those Teutogen Guards will just be great as Greatswords.

-T10