PDA

View Full Version : Two High Elf Deals?

paspinall
18-10-2007, 23:04
Is anyone else a little annoyed that the High Elf Army box comes on sale, so I get it pre-ordered and THEN they come up with this High elf Spear Head which ALSO includes the army book.

Probably wouldnt be an issue if I hadnt pre-ordered from an independant as GW may have just cancelled one order but damn.

scarletsquig
18-10-2007, 23:10
The Spearhead doesn't look like it's meant to be an army... it's just a bulk deal designed to put all the new models together ready for existing HE players to buy.

The lack of an army book isn't good if you wanted to get it early, but isn't the spearhead deal shipping at the same time as the army book?

Keravin
18-10-2007, 23:37
Scarletsquig - The spearhead has the army book in it.

sing Sang a song
19-10-2007, 03:06
yea i think spaerhead is for old HE players to get their hands on new mint without buying a bunch of cores and rare

gortexgunnerson
19-10-2007, 09:10
I wouldnt be too upset the spearhead is so so so so expensive, its 130 for 10 models plus the shadow warriors regiement and a book! Ok you get some cool bits but with the amount of character you'll never get them into anything less then 4-6K to even use half. If you build your troops up with the book then just buy the couple you need it will save you a packet!

paspinall
19-10-2007, 12:29
I ordered the army box precisely because I wanted the army book with some more models, but I dont really play I build and paint and I could have done this just as well with the spearhead... if I had known it was going to be coming out.

Son_Of_A_Horus
19-10-2007, 15:54
how much new stuff is being done for HE?

Duck Dodgers
19-10-2007, 18:10
So far, the Spearhead set (new models) is only shown on the UK site. It's not on the US site yet. Doesn't mean it won't be there, but it would be nice. It has more of what I want instead of the Army box.

And really, if you don't want particualr models, don't buy the set. I am less likely to field "named" characters (just a personal reference), would rather just get the other models. And at this point, it would be cheaper to buy the models without the characters for me. Bulkier but cheaper.

Now, if the pack was offered in the US, and the price difference was similar to the difference in the US/UK army box set (US cheaper after current conversion rates) I might be tempted... but that's a big "might". My wallet and I are at odds right now... <sigh>

TheWarSmith
20-10-2007, 02:46
You save barely ANYTHING w/ the spearhead, so I'm not totally sure why you'd want that.

Side note, anybody know when the dragon kit is coming out in the states?