PDA

View Full Version : Erroronous 40k and speeling!

ro9an
19-10-2007, 16:25
Isn't it fantastic when GW specify chapter heraldry and history and then just ignore it i.e. this pic of the Fallen:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemarines/fallen-angels/images/Unknown.jpg

Vasteye
19-10-2007, 16:26
In a word, yes :D

That could well be a renegade DA tho, and not a 'fallen'

Brother Loki
19-10-2007, 16:29
Can't see the pic, as the GW site where its hosted appears to be down. What's wrong with the depiction of the fallen?

Leunam
19-10-2007, 16:36
They're not ignoring it at all. In fact, labeling them as "Unknown" is a much cooler approach than saying "Hey look! Fallen!"

And I hope for your own sake you intentionally screwed up the spelling on your title.

Joewrightgm
19-10-2007, 16:40
Thats no fallen; Dark Angels Pre-Heresy wear black power armor, with white robes for inner circle, if I remember correctly.

Weiss
19-10-2007, 16:41
I would go with the Post-Heresy Renegade Dark Angel angle that Vasteye presented. Though that would make him one of the Fallen anyway (or at least as good a prey as one of them for the Inner Circle).

knighthawke70
19-10-2007, 16:41
Thats no fallen; Dark Angels Pre-Heresy wear black power armor, with white robes for inner circle, if I remember correctly.

you might be right.........but i like the pic

Trilbydude@Dragon
19-10-2007, 17:08
Anyway, any fallen or renegade dark angel would remove his heraldry, so its a moot point, really.

Captain Micha
19-10-2007, 17:09
I think it's rather obvious that it is supposed to be a fallen regardless of his incorrect color scheme

remember most people don't know the pre heresy legion colors

Gorbad Ironclaw
19-10-2007, 17:09

There wasn't an inner circle before the heresy as far as I know. The whole structure they have today was invented after the heresy in response to the fall.

But yes, the armour should be black, not green.

Omniassiah
19-10-2007, 17:37
I'm not sure if it is the wrong color... I mean if I was one of the fallen I'd change the color of my armor to the new color scheme as well to rub it in.

Brother Loki
19-10-2007, 17:38
There was an inner circle of the Order before the Imperium came to Caliban. Jonson, Luther and Cypher were all members.

To be honest, its probably just an error. Don't forget that the Dark Angels only went from black armour to green because a freelance artist made a mistake on a White Dwarf cover in the first place, and the erroneous scheme became popular in the studio.

If I ever do a Fallen unit, perhaps as part of a LatD force, I'd go with black armour and white robes.

weyco
19-10-2007, 17:39
isn't Cypher's armour painted green?

Its a very small pic, but is there a hint of green there.. http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060102057&orignav=10

studderigdave
19-10-2007, 17:41
i made my fallen to have black power armor and blood red robes.

Vic
19-10-2007, 17:50
AND, you misspelled erogenous ;)

RavenMorpheus
19-10-2007, 21:07
In a word, yes :D

That could well be a renegade DA tho, and not a 'fallen'

What's the diff?

I like it when GW create fluff and then in the rules totally contradict it and then they re-write the fluff to represent the rules. Highly comical. :D

Leftenant Gashrog
19-10-2007, 21:11
aledgedly if you ask Rick Priestly he swears the black to green change was meant to be retro-active, which is why the DA were listed as green in the 1st Founding chart in Codex Imperialis ~ but that not everybody in the studio got the memo..

What's the diff?
Well a Fallen would be one of the original traitors who knows all about the Dark Angels Big SecretTM, whereas a renegade would be any Dark Angel who has broken faith with the Imperium since then.

RavenMorpheus
19-10-2007, 21:30
aledgedly if you ask Rick Priestly he swears the black to green change was meant to be retro-active, which is why the DA were listed as green in the 1st Founding chart in Codex Imperialis ~ but that not everybody in the studio got the memo..

Well a Fallen would be one of the original traitors who knows all about the Dark Angels Big SecretTM, whereas a renegade would be any Dark Angel who has broken faith with the Imperium since then.

Must be a lot of memo's not being received then... :D

Rioghan Murchadha
19-10-2007, 21:56

Err.. because pre-heresy dark angels liberally sprinkled their armour/robes with the 8 pointed star of chaos?

ro9an
19-10-2007, 22:08
yeq thaats righy is it jst a grafffittied up Dark Angle