PDA

View Full Version : Information on chimaera varients please!

nurgle_boy
19-10-2007, 20:14
Ok, flicking through an ancient WD (WD188), and looking at the mail order section at some of the epic models I have come across a few odd chimaera varients which I would like to incorperate into my 40k army.
The problem is, I do not know what they are armed with.
The varients are-
Chimerro- looks like a larger multilaser with ifferent turret. possebly a co-axiel weapon.
Chimedon- looks like a battlecannon/conquerer cannon/demolisher cannon on a slightly larger turret.
Chimerax- appears to be a standard turret with a twin-linked weapon on each side. looks to be either lascannons or autocannons...

Any help on identifying these weapons is appreciated, as with some info I will try to modernise them, and will see how they look!

thanks, NB

Maidel
19-10-2007, 21:23
The chimedon is definately a battle cannon. - the conquerer didnt even exist at that point.

for some reason I get the feeling the chimerro was an assault cannon - but that could be completely made up - it was 10 years since I looked at those white dwarf.

Supremearchmarshal
19-10-2007, 21:45
Chimerro- multi-laser and "hunter missile"
Chimedon- battlecannon
Chimerax- twin autocannons

from the old epic rules

nurgle_boy
19-10-2007, 21:52
Aww, a tad boring then really.

Still, nothing I cannot do to bring them up to date then

The Chimerro would need a slightly widened turret, but what is a 'hunter missile'? would it just be a hunter killer, or something else? maybe add it as just a missile launcher (making it effective, and not just crappy, as well as boring.)

The Chimedon would be easier. due to the shortened barrel that it seems to have, maybe lower the range slightly, as well as lower the caliber... pretty much making a conqurer cannon... hmm... makes sense considering the lack of recoil ability that a smaller chimera turret would have.

The Chimerax seems to have two twin linked according to the picture, although this would make it far to alike to the hydra flak tank, although rules wise it would be easier to use... I may just go for the two twin linked.

anyway, thanks for the confirmation on what they were, and I appreciate the help...

now, off topic, does the standard basilisk kit contain enough bits to make a chimera hull? if so, that emperoros wrath box may well end up being purchased tomorrow!

thanks, NB.

Maidel
19-10-2007, 22:08
now, off topic, does the standard basilisk kit contain enough bits to make a chimera hull? if so, that emperoros wrath box may well end up being purchased tomorrow!

thanks, NB.

Yes and no - you dont get the back of the chimera (the bit where the troops go with the lasguns) and you dont get the turret.

Supremearchmarshal
20-10-2007, 14:29
The Chimerro would need a slightly widened turret, but what is a 'hunter missile'? would it just be a hunter killer, or something else? maybe add it as just a missile launcher (making it effective, and not just crappy, as well as boring.)

The Hunter missile was powerful, and it wasn't one-shot, so I think the Missile Launcher is best to represent it.

The Chimedon would be easier. due to the shortened barrel that it seems to have, maybe lower the range slightly, as well as lower the caliber... pretty much making a conqurer cannon... hmm... makes sense considering the lack of recoil ability that a smaller chimera turret would have.

Good idea, especially since the epic Battlecannon wasn't as powerful as its 40k incarnation.

The Chimerax seems to have two twin linked according to the picture, although this would make it far to alike to the hydra flak tank, although rules wise it would be easier to use... I may just go for the two twin linked.

Yeah, it looks like two, but in the rules it was only one. Your call.

anyway, thanks for the confirmation on what they were, and I appreciate the help...

Your welcome and good luck with the models!