PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there play diablo 2?

nurgle_boy
13-04-2005, 12:39
i was wondering, does anyone out there play diablo 2.
if you do, put down yer username, character details and stuff.
itd be cool to have a sort of portent clan on battlenet.....
anyway, my best character is plvl76 matriarch saint_celestine.
currently trying to find a decent bow and armour.
username nurgle_boy
if you ever find me, give me your ko runes and 4 socket bows!!!

Riddy
13-04-2005, 12:48
Yea i play Diablo 2, haven't played on Battle.Net for a while though and i lost my expansion disc so i wont be for some time but it is such an unbelieveably addictive game. I just got back into playing it a week ago and i am already on the 4th act.

x-esiv-4c
13-04-2005, 13:49
still a serious D2 player ( sorry Weasel-Fierce ). Playing up an Avenger template right now, got through with a 'Zerker.

Wolflord Bloodangel
13-04-2005, 13:54
I played a bit, but I kept getting put off by the competitive 'Theory-craft' of it all. Planning out skill points, item combos and such just seemed such a pain.... and when I learnt you could fool the game into thinking it was a multiplayer game with 'x' many players (so that enemies were tougher and you got HEAPS more experience) well it kinda lost most of its fun.... I do still have a beloved Paladin with Bonesnap, and a damage output in the thousands...

anarchistica
13-04-2005, 15:38
I was totally addicted to it for a couple of months. I knew everything there was to know, where to mf, how to get to lvl70 in 6 hours, etc. Then one day it just...wore off, and i haven't played it since. It's just too repetitive to stay appealing.

And i would be happy to give you my stuff but i'm thinking you're on ladder. :p

nurgle_boy
13-04-2005, 16:28
i am indeed on ladder..... damnitt... that elusive ko rune keeps taunting me......
must.. get... melody... runeword... bow......
must...get....windforce
must...get....lvl30.....strafe...

anarchistica
13-04-2005, 19:24
No you want damage/AR charms. ;)

nurgle_boy
13-04-2005, 19:59
must... get... charms..... other... then... my....skillers.....
i got my runeword! mmm.... melody gorgon crossbow....... a bit slow for strafe though......
i traded my armour for that ko rune..... then i went cowing and got a rare great hauberk :D

angelspast
13-04-2005, 20:15
I used to play D2, rather I ran pindle and meph bots for ebay...

Haven't played in a long time, don't think I have any ladder stuff anymore with all the resets...

If anyone wants a good duel non-ladder though I've got a char left...

anarchistica
14-04-2005, 00:40
No, you ruined it! You're supposed to put in a fast bow, crossbows suck! (except for buri)

Oh wait, Melody, not Harmony. Melody is rather poor, especially in a gorgon. Keep in mind that you put future runewords in Hydra or Crusader bows. For now, try to get Eaglehorn, Windforce, Buriza-Do Kyanon or Lycander's Aim. These should all be pretty easy to get because of the good new runewords on ladder. Put a Nef in it for knockback, or better, get Cleglaw's Gloves. Knockback + Slow 25%. Best gloves there are for Bowazons. Other Gloves that give Knockback would do too. You could Shael your bow for extra speed if you get knockback from some other source, though the usefulness of this depends on whether you make the next breakpoint or not.

/rant from a former addict with a lvl89 strafezon

EVIL INC
14-04-2005, 12:35
i used to play years ago. After I beat it a couple times on easy and reguler I got bored. Never fooled around with competative play. Then I found the hacks online and had some fun for a while just making stuff for fun and giving it away to people who wanted hacked stuff. Then I got even more bored and deleted the game. I might still have it in a box somewhere. No real inclination to dig it out. I got everquest now.

nurgle_boy
14-04-2005, 20:53
anarchistica, i know i shouldve put it in a fast bow, i had a 4 socket hydra bow, but i put a crap jewel in it by mistook when i was sorting out my stash. i got another, so its more rune hunting i guess.......
must... get... best... strafazon....

Songokuspirit
19-04-2005, 23:13
I do too, But I'm not giving out my details.
I've only just met you and I never kiss on a first date.

I have a lv 17 Necro in Europe, In U.S West got a lv 12 Barb and a lv 14 Paladin.
yay!

nurgle_boy
20-04-2005, 21:54
well songo, if your ever on europe and need some help/decent magic finding help, just whisper me. trust me, im not a dirty pk-er, and am willing to help. also, when you get lvl70+, come for a duel.

AmericanBear
20-04-2005, 22:15
I was a complete addict for around 6 months, until my computer's CD drive wrecked the CD-ROM and I couldn't play it anymore. I didn't like it too much anyway, it all seemed like the only reason to play was just to have the best character.

scottb
20-04-2005, 23:18
I still play, not as much as I once did, but im on europe too either: *scottb or *scott24b, have a few ladder an non ladder chars n stuff

Kittah
21-04-2005, 02:34
I still kick around on Diablo II occasionally. I'd be really keen if anyone wanted to get together for a bit of serious Ladder gaming though.

If anyone's interested, you can get me on MSN or via email at

onestonedkittah:cool:gmail.com

I've got no characters at the moment, so if you're willing to rush a new character for me that'd be great too :cool:

Dream character would probably be a Buriwolf or a Werebarb, just for the sheer oddity of both of them :D

Inquisitor Cyarro
21-04-2005, 06:24
i know i shouldve put it in a fast bow, i had a 4 socket hydra bow, but i put a crap jewel in it by mistook when i was sorting out my stash...

You know you could have unsocketed that item by placeing it along with a Town Portal scroll and one Hel rune into your Horadric Cube. I suppose that infromation would have been more usefull earlier. :p

Kittah
21-04-2005, 09:47
You know you could have unsocketed that item by placeing it along with a Town Portal scroll and one Hel rune into your Horadric Cube. I suppose that infromation would have been more usefull earlier. :p

I thought Hel runes aren't exactly that common though? Granted, you could easily trade for one I suppose.

nurgle_boy
21-04-2005, 12:30
hmmm true.... anyone know what a hel runes worth though?

and kittah, im on most days, for at least 4 hours (oh what a sad life i lead)
id be willing to rush you normal, but my lvl77 still find ni9ghtmare hard, when she gets into late act3-act4
ah well....
also, if anyones up for some mf-ing, ive got a ton of ptopaz on one of my mules.....
look out for my new shifter, bitey_puppy.

scottb
21-04-2005, 23:26
Could do some rushing..if I am on, got a lvl80 strafeazon and a lvl93 barb on ladder.

Hymirl
22-04-2005, 00:45
I used to play it, Hymirl the Paladin mooched about immorally bodyguarding sorceresses for money and got up to level 14ish. Then I got bored what with all the cheating, leveling obcession, and irriatating portugese people trying to trade stuff I can't possibly afford.

Online RPG doesn't really seem that entertianing to me, still tempted to try out Eve online one of these days, I could be a bounty hunter, and hire myself out immorally bodyguarding freighters.. hey, gotta stick to my strengths right?
Hymirl.

Str10_hurts
22-04-2005, 00:45
how about getting a party together?

Starting from level 1 no rushing and just portent? just a few day's in the week no real rushing and playing outside the party.

How about it?

Inquisitor Cyarro
22-04-2005, 08:23
hmmm true.... anyone know what a hel runes worth though?

People nowadays trade mostly Perfect Gems. They use them for crafting. A Hel rune, I would say is somewhere between the four gem range. Not at all exspensive if you ask me.