PDA

View Full Version : All-comers 2k chaos mortals list

Hrath Dreadaxe
06-09-2005, 11:39
Well as the title sugests I am attempting to make a balanced 2k Chaos mortals list the army is undivided heres what i have

Chaos Lord 279 Points
Great weapon and shield
Gaze of the Gods
Armour of Damnation

Exalted Champion 131 Points
Great weapon and shield
Helm of many Eyes

Sorcerer 135 Points
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer 135 Points
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

25 Marauders 200 Points
Shields and light armour
Full command

25 Marauders 200 Points
Shields and light armour
Full command

6 Hounds 36 Points

6 Hounds 36 Points

Chaos Chariot 120 Points

Chaos Chariot 120 Points

5 Marauder Horsemen 81 Points
Flails
Musician

5 Marauder Horsemen 81 Points
Flails
Musician

6 Chaos Knights 248
Full command

7 Furies 105 Points

The lord sits in a unit of marauders and the Exalted sits in the other, the hounds will screen these two units and the chariots will flank them, thw wizards will be in-betwean the two units or behind them deppending on the opponent the marauder horse will go and take out lone mages and warmachiens as well as march blocking and genrally screwing with my opponent, the knights will take up a flank and hold it untill they can be brought to bear on the enemys flanks or they will take out the enemys support units and small units of missile troops and the furies will do most likely the same as the horsemen but will go for warmachiens first, that is about it I am 93 points down and do not know what to do with them, any tweaks and changes you would make to the list? Do you think my magic deffence will hold up against 9+ PD until i can take the enemy wizards out? Do you think 30 marauders in a unit is too much as I am thinking of uping them? And do you think flayerkin can do the same job as furies because I can save points on the marauder blocks and change the furies for flayerkin?

Panzer MkIV
06-09-2005, 11:47
Drop 1 marauder and use the points to upgrade your knights to Chosen and give them the warbanner. That will put a serious dent in any unit.
Otherwise excellent list :D

Hrath Dreadaxe
06-09-2005, 12:04
Do you not think that this will put to many points into the one unit makeing them a nice target for missiles and magic, I would like to spread my weight really although i can see the advantages of this even if they do not make it to the enemy line, ill have two blocks of marauders left with two characters and two chariots :) I will have a think, I can always go back if I decide to change

Isuran Greifenherz
06-09-2005, 17:14
The list is cool a 30 maurderer unite, it will help to win Cc and survive enemy missel weapons.

branchwrath
06-09-2005, 17:23
I think people will heavily target the unit of knights whether they know they aren't chosen are not...Trust me, I throw whatever I can at Chaos Knights regardless of what type they are.

Hrath Dreadaxe
06-09-2005, 20:23
If that is the case Branchwrath wouldn't that suggest keeping them cheap and useing them as a distraction of the main force?

branchwrath
06-09-2005, 22:30
Hmm...You very well may have I point. It was just a suggestion. As was said, Chosen Knights WHEN they DO get into combat tend to be just that much harder.

Sanjuro
06-09-2005, 22:43
Chaos knights are still tough enough as it is without being chosen. If they get shot up, all the better - they are missing the dangerous stuff that's moving up, i.e. fully ranked units of marauders and chariots to perform combined charges, flanking marauder horsemen, furies darting around performing disruption duty and killing off warmachines and mages.

However - 4 dispel scrolls? That's a lot of scrolls! I find that 3 is usually enough against most armies. Maybe try using 2 scrolls and a staff of +1 dispel? If so, I'd place the Book of Secrets on the lord (replacing the magical armour, he is tough enough without it) and voila you have 5 dispel dice with +1 on the rolls. Quite decent, when paired with 2 scrolls. You also get one more dice to play around with.

MarcoPollo
07-09-2005, 03:32
I don't usually take any command with my chosen knights. They are expensive enough. Perhaps a champion. I use them as shock troops and try to combine their charge with a chariot or some marauder horsemen with a standard. This keeps the points cheap and I am not affraid of loosing combat. No standard, no extra points lost. They will usually get a charge and do enough damage to stick around. I would sooner add a character on a horse than spend money on a standard and musician for them.

If they break, they will not likely get caught, might expose an enemy flank if they pursue, and will usually regroup in time for a late round flank charge.

Otherwise, pretty good unit.