PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh DP Azazel in Daemonic Legion ?

Fulgrim's-Chosen
20-10-2007, 11:39
Simple question here...reading the online info / profile for Azazel.....

http://uk.games-workshop.com/hordesofchaos/special-characters/4/

.....it says he takes up a Lord and a Hero choice....but does it say he CANNOT be taken in a Daemonic Legion Army from Storm of Chaos ?

Just wondering. He's such a nice model, far better than the other two Daemon Prince ones they have officially available in the Online Store, that even if he can't be used "As Himself", he's a great Exalted Daemon or Daemon Prince in a D-Legion force.

But it'd be nice to field him with his official rules sometime too. So . . . ?

Finnigan2004
20-10-2007, 12:45
Just use him as a regular daemon prince. I use Belakor all of the time as a daemon prince. Even at tournaments I do not ever run into problems with this. If you want to use him officially, then field him with hordes of chaos rules. It's not so bad, if you add in some units of chaos knights (chosen especially) to help him. If it says you can not use him with SOC rules, you can't unless you have an opponent who is willing to allow it.

theunwantedbeing
20-10-2007, 13:28
Er excuse the blindness but where does it say that he may not be used in a storm of chaos list?
I must be blind as I have read it several times and cannot see any such rule with him.

Somebody point it out with a clear explanation of where that rule is located on that page please so that I may kick myself.

Finnigan2004
20-10-2007, 13:42
Upon checking the rules, I couldn't see it either. In any case though, you need opponent's consent to use these characters. That being the case, just ask. I would probably say "yes", if I were faced with a choice between that and a keeper of secrets anyhow.

EvC
20-10-2007, 18:06
Given that you need opponents consent to use him in the first place, check with your opponent to see if they consent to you using him in a DL army. It's that simple!

Fulgrim's-Chosen
20-10-2007, 22:05
Okay, thanks guys.

I just wanted to be clear/sure that you COULD field him in a D-legion Chaos army, as opposed to ONLY a Hordes of Chaos one...clearly the rules page for him doesn't have that kind of restriction, but I wasn't sure if there was errata, etc. listed anywhere that limited your deploying him (other than the Opponent's Consent thing).

He's not terrible...overall...when you consider all his special rules...the only real weakness he has is the Lvl-2 magic instead of Lvl-4 from most Daemon Princes or Keeper's of Secrets.