PDA

View Full Version : Which colour is the deciever?

C'tan of oblivion
06-09-2005, 15:54
as the title says; which colour is the deciever, ive seen the one on the GW site but is there any fluff about their colour choice?
I wonder is there any fluff about it, describing the deciever?

Khaine's Messenger
06-09-2005, 15:56
Most descriptions of the C'tan are metallics...silver, gold...although I believe the Nightbringer is described as a rather dark fellow. Even so, there's no "canon" colorscheme for them, as they can assume whatever shape and physical characteristics their Necrodermi allow (which even allows them to assume human forms if they so wish).

Vosk
06-09-2005, 16:02
Indeed, their fluff allows you to paint (and convert) your C'tan any way you like. I for one do like the golden colourscheme that the Deceiver sports though. That said, there was a cool Deceiver entered into a Golden Demon a few years back that was a low grey, with a multitude of brightly coloured patterns addorning it. Very impressive stuff.

x-esiv-4c
06-09-2005, 16:07
As tradition holds it he always seems to be of a metallic hue, like gold.

Gethalorre
06-09-2005, 16:35
He of one and every colour, or at least in the eyes of the beholder...

=][=Danek=][=
06-09-2005, 17:32
Indeed, their fluff allows you to paint (and convert) your C'tan any way you like. I for one do like the golden colourscheme that the Deceiver sports though. That said, there was a cool Deceiver entered into a Golden Demon a few years back that was a low grey, with a multitude of brightly coloured patterns addorning it. Very impressive stuff.

I believe that was last year's Los Angeles Games Day.Someone painted him to represent Cegorach,The Laughing God.

As for the initial question,C'tan are mentioned in fluff as being generally metallic,with the Deciever more often than not being described as having golden "skin".

FieronThor
07-09-2005, 11:25
Being the Decoever I would fo thought he could change colours to mimic the other C'tan at least.

Wiseman
07-09-2005, 12:25
i saw a Deceiver painted in white with touches of silver and ice blue, it looked very nice

Vosk
07-09-2005, 13:04
[=Danek=][=']I believe that was last year's Los Angeles Games Day.Someone painted him to represent Cegorach,The Laughing God.

As for the initial question,C'tan are mentioned in fluff as being generally metallic,with the Deciever more often than not being described as having golden "skin".

Yeah, that's what I said. Cergorach, the Deceiver! :p (ignore - futile attempt to be funny)

There are bits of fluff describing the Deceiver as having a completely human appearence when it so wishes - it was able to pass as a planetary governor for years before people noticed that the guy was acting "weirdly", and even then they just thought he'd gone a bit mad. So naturally they sent out an Assassin to kill him, but this assassin got more than she bargained for when her target didn't die upon being shot/stabbed, but instead absorbed her knife and killed her.

FieronThor
07-09-2005, 13:30
Yeah, that would be a nasty surprise who has been taught to being the ultimate fighting machine.

Wiseman
07-09-2005, 13:43
can you imagine what that would be like stabbing someone and seeing the sword be absorbed into them, youd be at a loss for words