PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Plastic Sprue - Female Torso

Nargrakhan
21-10-2007, 23:14
To make a long story short: I'm in the middle of an effort to create an all female Chaos army. For the most part, it's gone exceedingly well. Marauders are Sister Repentia with the chain swords replaced - and naturally Daemonettes galore. However I'm hitting a bump in the calvary department. For the command characters it's no biggie: the mounted Bretonnian damsels and and Lucerzzia fill the void quite nicely. However for "rank and file" soldiers...

I noticed that the Wood Elf sprue for the Glade Guards and Glade Riders have female torso. They also look "plain" enough, to not take away the "center of attention" thing, from the command characters. So the following two questions is for those who know a bit about them. :)

Question #1: Exactly how many female torso are in a single box for Guards? How many are in a single box for Riders? My main point in asking this, is finding out which gives me more females.

Question #2: Is there a difference between the female Guard and Rider torso? If so, are they interchangeable (i.e. are Guard torso the same size as Rider torso)? Are they merely the same?

Thanks in advanced!

theunwantedbeing
21-10-2007, 23:29
2 femal torso's in a box of glade riders.....
1 per sprue basically, no point bothering with it.

Not sure on the glade guard sprue *checks online* seem the UK store doesnt show the torso sprue. I assume you get 4 of them as it'll be the same as the glade rider sprue.

So they are interchangable...albeit the same.
You get 4 female torso's on the DE warriors sprue.

It would seem to be cheaper to buy witch elves for female torso's rather than some plastic set of models.

Nargrakhan
21-10-2007, 23:47
You get 4 female torso's on the DE warriors sprue.

Dark Elves! I never even bothered to think of that! And the women are armored, which opens the Chaos Knight possibilities. You're awesome! I owe you free Internets! :)

It would seem to be cheaper to buy witch elves for female torso's rather than some plastic set of models.

You're right of course... and this was one of my earlier attempts. But on three occasions, I nearly cut off the tips of my fingers while sawing off the heads and legs. I'd rather spend an extra bit, and keep my digits attached. ;)

On the plus side, I only need 10 calvary units - so that should keep the cost down a bit. If I can get the exact sprue stock number, I can just order the specific one I need, rather than just buy the whole box... or at least I hope so... IIRC, GW has some weird thing going on in November with ordering individual parts from a set? I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. :D

Thanks again for the advice.