PDA

View Full Version : have forge world stopped making...

ss_cherubael
22-10-2007, 00:29
hey i was just over at FW and i was looking for the Tallarn desert raider infantry platoons and there doesnt seem to be anything resembling that on FW's web site and im sure i saw something like that a while ago, even just an infantry squad doesnt appear. WHats up with that? anyone know where its gone?

El-Diablo
22-10-2007, 00:41
They never made them. They did the rough rider things, snipers and I think a couple of heavy weapon teams. No infantry squads yet.

Bloodknight
22-10-2007, 00:46
The desert raiders are just GW metals. There are FW heavies, probably because GW doesn't make them anymore.

ss_cherubael
22-10-2007, 00:47
wow i must have dreamed up the inf squads then, thanks guys

baphomael
22-10-2007, 00:58
wow i must have dreamed up the inf squads then, thanks guys

Yea, the basic infantry minis are old GW metals. FW produced heavy weapons, snipers and mukali rough-riders but the infantry were rereleased GW metals

Noserenda
22-10-2007, 02:01
Which is a shame, because Id do a FW Tallarn army if I didnt have to pair it up with inferior quality Infantry Squads :(

Hulkster
22-10-2007, 07:44
the quality is not the problem

it is the expense that kills the idea of a tallarn army

the1stpip
22-10-2007, 09:37
On a similar note, have FW stopped making both Dark Eldar flyers? One is still available, but I can't find the other one anywhere?

Bregalad
22-10-2007, 21:31
Yes, the other one is OOP for a while. Don't know if they can still produce it, as it only needs one extra part in addition to the single flyer (the middle wing).

Earthbeard
23-10-2007, 10:40
They never made them. They did the rough rider things, snipers and I think a couple of heavy weapon teams. No infantry squads yet.

This is correct, I was actually talking about the lack of FW Tallarn units apart from these over the weekend.

Personally I'd like to see them, they've done a good job with the models they do make for the Tallarns, I'd love to get infantry squads too.

The Older metals just don't match up any longer for me.

ss_cherubael
23-10-2007, 13:10
yeah apart from the fact that im a broke student a tallarn army would be nice if it was all done to the standard of the FW stuff. and it wouldnt be that hard for them to make as they already have quite a few tallarn soldiers that they just have to make hold a las gun and its pretty much done.

RexTalon
23-10-2007, 17:18
the quality is not the problem

it is the expense that kills the idea of a tallarn army

No more or less expensive than any other IG FW army.