PDA

View Full Version : A web-link to the Movie Marine rules?

MALICIOUS LOGIC
22-10-2007, 02:43
The rules for "Movie Marines" are in White Dwarf number 300. They're a cool idea for friendly games. They represent Space Marines as they are in the fiction.

The rules for Movie Marines are posted on the German GW website. (In German). If they are posted publicly, then are there any English versions posted? I haven't been able to locate them on this site or on Google. Can someone post a link?

Thanks.

~Logic

Vaulkhar
22-10-2007, 05:23
Drawing a blank so far - even on the US website. Plenty of references to the list, but no actual list itself...

Edit: for those of us who understand German, the article is here: http://www.games-workshop.de/warhammer40000/races/space-marines/articles/zelluloid/index.shtm

How much trouble would we get into if a translation appeared here?

t-tauri
22-10-2007, 07:20
How much trouble would we get into if a translation appeared here?I'm afraid the answer is "lots".

We can't allow the appearance of material on Warseer which is direct copies of GW IP. That even includes translations of stuff on non-English GW sites or things which GW once posted themselves like Forgeworld trial rules or Apocalypse data sheets.

Similarly we can't allow links to sites hosting such material.

Please don't post such material as we will have to take action.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

Lord Merlin
22-10-2007, 07:26
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
A translator for entire webpages

Vaulkhar
22-10-2007, 09:02
I'm afraid the answer is "lots".

I feared that was going to be the case. Oh well...

Edit: Automated language translators = hilarity.

alexh
22-10-2007, 10:49
I want superblowing up rockets and combat measurers

Spleendokta
22-10-2007, 17:11
I'm sorta in the same boat as the OP. I'm trying to find the WD IG doctrines. Seems there is no way to ever find them, unless you find the White Dwarf which had that info on Ebay. Not even sure if GW does that Index Istartes(sp?) books anymore.

grizzly ruin
22-10-2007, 18:19
I feared that was going to be the case. Oh well...

Edit: Automated language translators = hilarity.

I want superblowing up rockets and combat measurers

Yeah I translated the quote they have from Eddie Murphy:

"I am not a hard chap, but if I would fight in one of my films against you, I would wipe the soil with you."

I'm not sure what's funnier, the goofy translation or the fact that the German GW site used a quote by Eddie Murphy for the movie marines. :wtf:

MALICIOUS LOGIC
22-10-2007, 23:06
Which versions have the Movie Marines? I know the US White Dwarf 300 does. But apparently the UK White Dwarf 300 does not have the Movie Marine rules.

So which English versions have the movie marine rules? I might look for it on ebay.

Thanks,

~Logic

GrimWulf
23-10-2007, 17:08
The English version of the Movie Marines in WD 300 has the same Eddie Murphy Quote.... sans translation funnies.

I believe the UK never did officially get the rules at all.

Alessander
23-10-2007, 21:27
Babelfish is fun to translate rules with. The German site for along time had the entire "Warmaster" board game from an OLD issue of WD, which was a renactment of the final assault on Horus' Battle Barge by the Emperor (the name of the barge back then was "The Warmaster", nowadays retconned to "Vengeful Spirit" I think). When I ran the rules through babelfish, the title of the game was "gentleman of war" :D