PDA

View Full Version : Typo in Apocalypse Or no?

Forgottenhero
22-10-2007, 09:15
Hey all, not sure if this is the correct place to post a question but for the Eldar Nightwing Datasheet I see that under the "weapons" section it has "2 Brightlances" and "2 Shuriken Cannons". As per the former rules in IA: update2006, it used to have Twin-linked versions of the same weapons. Is this just a typo in the new book or did they actually mean to give it that much firepower? If so, I might wanna pick one of those up... :-D

Tulun
22-10-2007, 09:45
Hey all, not sure if this is the correct place to post a question but for the Eldar Nightwing Datasheet I see that under the "weapons" section it has "2 Brightlances" and "2 Shuriken Cannons". As per the former rules in IA: update2006, it used to have Twin-linked versions of the same weapons. Is this just a typo in the new book or did they actually mean to give it that much firepower? If so, I might wanna pick one of those up... :-D

Rules as worded.

It got more fire power. You wanna see a gun toting flyer? check the thunderhawk.

Forgottenhero
22-10-2007, 10:59
Lol im well aware of the Thunderhawk and its ridiculous firepower, i was just commenting on how hard the Nightwing hits for its low points cost (for a flyer)

leonmallett
22-10-2007, 15:16
Don't forget that points costs seem to have dropped from FW rules to Apocalypse for many things.

Bregalad
22-10-2007, 21:33
... and increased on other things like Tyranid Biotitan and Hierodule (but for a reason: better shooting).

azimaith
22-10-2007, 21:40
Yeah, the weapons have changed both in statistics and in whats there, so whats in the book for apocalypse is right, (though as per the forge world section, you could still use those rules.)

Shield of Freedom
23-10-2007, 18:50
Yeah, the Nightwing is now BS4 and has two of each weapon. Remember though, the Shuriken Cannons only have a 24" range and the Bright Lances 36".

AbyssRaven
23-10-2007, 19:33
What does a TH all have to make it so gunship ?

CrewDog
23-10-2007, 19:37
What does a TH all have to make it so gunship ?

Four twinlinked heavy bolters

Two lascannons

Plus either the Thawk cannon or a plasma blastgun

Plus ordinance.

Almost forgot..... 30 Marines that can assault on the turn they deploy!

AbyssRaven
23-10-2007, 19:43
haha ouch.

Shadowphrakt
23-10-2007, 19:49
plasma blastgun
noooo.....the Thunderhawk Gunship can have a Thunderhawk cannon or a Turbo-laser Destructor. BIG difference between that and a plasma blastgun. The Laser Destroyer is a strength D weapon for one thing.

Also, i was looking at the Big Meks stompa, and is the Gigashoota really Heavy 6d6? it seems outrageously good.

CrewDog
23-10-2007, 19:52
noooo.....the Thunderhawk Gunship can have a Thunderhawk cannon or a Turbo-laser Destructor. BIG difference between that and a plasma blastgun. The Laser Destroyer is a strength D weapon for one thing.

Also, i was looking at the Big Meks stompa, and is the Gigashoota really Heavy 6d6? it seems outrageously good.

Oops.... wishfull thinking on my part.

Triggerdog
23-10-2007, 19:52

yup, its 6D6 so you can get anywhere between 6 and 36 shots but considering the Orks inability to hit the broad side of a barn you're only hitting with 1/3rd of those so it balances out.

that and something with 36 shots by far makes alot of noise and therefore is amazing in the eyes of an ork

Godgolden
23-10-2007, 19:53
Yes 6d6 of BS:2 =D

Shadowphrakt
23-10-2007, 19:53
But the Turbo Laser Destuctor is better than a plasma blastgun. It has the same template, but automatically kills! although, a plasma blastgun would look cooler...;)

Triggerdog
23-10-2007, 19:56
But the Turbo Laser Destuctor is better than a plasma blastgun. It has the same template, but automatically kills! although, a plasma blastgun would look cooler...;)

It would put off too much light as it charged up to fire. That would make the Thawk a pretty blatant target at night. Not only that but Plasma weapons have a habit of malfunctioning if you so much as look at them funny and would probably be unable to withstand falling through an atmosphere and then shooting at anything that moves.