PDA

View Full Version : Help with decision?

Forgottenhero
22-10-2007, 11:05
Hi there, just needing some help on deciding which Forge World eldar flyer to buy (excluding the Vampire Raider/Hunter, too expensive :-p). Im thinking about either the Nightwing, Pheonix, or Void Dragon Pheonix. Since the Apoc. rulebook came out, the Nightwing has significantly improved but I like the pheonix missile launchers. Plus i like the models better for the latter two. What are everyone else's views on these wonderous aircraft?

wickedvoodoo
22-10-2007, 11:12
Personally i think this has become a bit of an easy question. Seeing as the nightwing is in Apoc, got better as a result, and is my fav model of the three i would choose it straight away.

The question for you is just how much you like the pheonix models i guess.

Ravenous
22-10-2007, 11:39
Well if I had to choose between those I would go with the night wing.

But if I had a choice with the other Eldar stuff I would go with the Scorpion all the way.

It can move 12" and can fire the Twin linked Pulsar (a S: D blast weapon) or move up to 24", it counts as having skimmers moving fast as long as it moves over 6" so all hits are glancing, it has a 4+ save for its Titan holo fields, and a 4+ against shaken/weapon destroyed results on its pulsar, its -2 on all glances meaning the best you can do is knock out a weapon, 3 structure points, and it gives -1 Ld to units it tank shocks.

650pts of good old unstoppable Eldar technology.

Long story short the thing wont die easily short of a vortex grenade.

Son of Makuta
22-10-2007, 12:51
Flyer wise, the Nightwing is a beauty of a model.

But we'd all have Vampires if we could...

The Dark One
22-10-2007, 12:57
i would go with the nightwing as it's a great model

Monospot
22-10-2007, 13:00
The Nightwing is a great looking model...putting it together is a little bit of a pain with the swept wing design, but teh end result is totally worth it.

foehammer888
22-10-2007, 13:44
It can move 12" and can fire the Twin linked Pulsar (a S: D blast weapon) or move up to 24", it counts as having skimmers moving fast as long as it moves over 6" so all hits are glancing, it has a 4+ save for its Titan holo fields, and a 4+ against shaken/weapon destroyed results on its pulsar, its -2 on all glances meaning the best you can do is knock out a weapon, 3 structure points, and it gives -1 Ld to units it tank shocks.

650pts of good old unstoppable Eldar technology. Granted, it only has these abilities if you dicuss them with your opponent, as there are no official Apoc rules for it. If you do discuss it, I hope you are gentlemanly enough to increase its points cost. Having the strength D pulsars, upgrading it to a fast skimmer (it wasn't fast in the forgeworld rules), combining the "always glacing" with the new apoc superheavy damage tables (it is very difficult to kill a vehicle with glancing hits in apoc, as you basically need to stun the crew and then hit it when it can't move next turn). I would estimate it at closer to 800-900 points. It has less firepower than the revenant, but is as mobile and much more resilient.

Foehammer

Hulkster
22-10-2007, 15:35
Granted, it only has these abilities if you dicuss them with your opponent, as there are no official Apoc rules for it. If you do discuss it, I hope you are gentlemanly enough to increase its points cost. Having the strength D pulsars, upgrading it to a fast skimmer (it wasn't fast in the forgeworld rules), combining the "always glacing" with the new apoc superheavy damage tables (it is very difficult to kill a vehicle with glancing hits in apoc, as you basically need to stun the crew and then hit it when it can't move next turn). I would estimate it at closer to 800-900 points. It has less firepower than the revenant, but is as mobile and much more resilient.

Foehammer

i am with foe hammer, though I say at least 900pts

you are expanding on the FW rules and as such need to expand on the points cost AND get opponents consent.

you can always fall back on the default FW rules though if they aint upp for a laugh. at least once anyway