PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap even more news! Nid's got a Kitten!

Nid
06-09-2005, 19:39
I know I said I'd be offline more ( :rolleyes: ) now that I've moved out, but I came home to get more stuff and to clean the remnants of my room out.

So, here's the skinny.

Some kids just came by our apartment like the day before yesterday with a kitten on a string, literally dragging the poor thing. She's about 5 weeks old, I'd guess. Just started eating solid foods or something, I don't know when they start on that but she's eating solid food and using a litter pan.

Well, she's a little calico kitten, and is small enough to sit on my hand! My roomies took her in, but don't have money for shots or anything. I just finally got my insurance check, and I'm good on cash for now, so I'm taking her to the pet center for her vaccinations and a check up (I think she has ear mites :( but that's easily fixed).

Here's the thing. I feel if I am paying for her she's my kitten. One of my roomies thinks its her kitten, but the kitten slept with me for the last 2 nights in a row and is growing more attached to me.

She wants to name it Fiona, and call it "FiFi" :wtf:

I want to name it Squig.

Well, whatever happens I got a kitty!

Inquisitor Maul
06-09-2005, 19:41
Pix plz. Nice going there, kitties are so damn cute :D

Sprue Rubbles
06-09-2005, 19:42
Congratulations! That's very nice to take in a stray and you should get her spayed. And make sure she has all the shots.

I got my kitty at the SPCA about a year and a half ago and good god I wish I had gotten a cat earlier in my life.

and yeah, you can't start threads about kittens and not post a photo!

tzeentchgiant
06-09-2005, 19:44
Awww, nid, that's so lovely.

Make sure your roomie doesn't name it, squig sounds like a great name, and don't le anybody tell you it's not. If not, just relentlessly call it squig, that way, if it loves you more, it will reject fiona.

And tell you roomie that fiona is such a :wtf: name for a cat.

Hope the kitten's not infected at all, and you get your way with it's name, and post a photo as soon as you can.

All the best,

TG

Nid
06-09-2005, 19:45
I'm getting a photo tonight when I go back to the apartment. I'll have it posted by tomorrow, I'll find some excuse to come by the house again :P

Guido le Wombat
06-09-2005, 19:46
You could post a photo of the kitten all curled up in a sock...

Thud
06-09-2005, 19:48
I still think you should name it after that super duper international goal scoring hero, Thud.

You could post a photo of the kitten all curled up in a sock...

That's sick! SICK! :cries: (For the uninitiated; long story, don't ask.)

Crube
beware... cute kittens become larger psycho monsters from hell

well ours did anyway...It's strange, I've always been nice to it, fed it, changed its litter box etc, whereas my wife torments it something rotten, yet the little bugger always goes for me.

Usually about 3 in the morning when I'm too slow to do anything about it...

Tom
For reference, he threw out "the" sock.

Melchor
06-09-2005, 19:57
Maybe this (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/fleabag.htm) is helpful? ;)

Seriously, cats are some of the best pets ever! Good luck with him/her/it. And keep us updated.

@Crube: Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will **** on your computer...

:0)
06-09-2005, 20:05
I vote to name it Lavfluris.

Cthulu
06-09-2005, 20:12
I fully expect for it to be battle trained within the month..........

your roomies face being its first victim.

Slappy
06-09-2005, 20:42
Squig is a great name for a cat actually.

The Dragon Reborn
06-09-2005, 22:29
^ second that, that or my cats name is albert :)

Shuya
07-09-2005, 00:37
Well your paying for the vets bill, so if you go on your own you will be responsible for naming it

New Cult King
07-09-2005, 00:53
Don't eat the kitty.

Freak Ona Leash
07-09-2005, 01:04
^Seconded. They arent even that good for you. And congrats nid! Kitties are so cute...*ahem* but I uh hate cats, so yeah...And whatever you do, dont name it Fiona. I knew a guy who knew a guy whos best friend's kitten was named Fiona. I wont go into the gory details but it involved a broomstick, a can of pringles and a milk truck :( Squig is the best name you could possibly give it. That or Mr. Jingles, just so you can say "Want some cornbread, Mr. Jingles?"

Shuya
07-09-2005, 01:07
My Fruffy
Cournel Miaow
Docter Gigglepaws

Crux
07-09-2005, 01:17
Don't eat the kitty, name it Squig. That's my advice.

Wiseman
07-09-2005, 03:52
Don't eat the kitty.
i thought the same thing when i saw this thread... though if you decide to eat it make sure you remove the bones first.

Congrats nid your now officially a father :wtf: Squig is the bst name ive heard of for a cat as well:)

Pillx
07-09-2005, 04:49
Remove the bones? Isn't it all just "biomass" for the swarm?
So how're you going to settle the naming with your roommate?

Shadowheart
07-09-2005, 06:42
Congrats with your miniature cat Nid. If you're taking care of her and she approves, then I'd say it's your pet and you get naming rights, so by all means call her Squig.
Or perhaps you could call her Squiggoth (Squig for short), so that you could use her in games of 40K.

Personally I'd love to have a small albino cat called Elric. Geekily clever. I would have to be watchful of any black objects though, lest the cat would destroy my house.

Nid
07-09-2005, 15:03
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/nid05/squig.jpg

My little baby! :D

I'm slowly picking fleas off of her because she's too young for the flea medicine :(

Inquisitor Maul
07-09-2005, 15:09
Awww, I want it!!!

*sends Ninja-wizzards to kidnapp it*

Samoth
07-09-2005, 15:23
Aah, a kitten. This day wasnt a total loss then. Thanks nid!

Adlan
07-09-2005, 15:24
right, you pay the vet bill, you pick fleas off it. But your room mate thinks it's hers?
No Fair.

Squig is good name.

But cats give me the creeps (maybe because the farm cats I grew up with brought back dead weasles and live mice. Dead weasles in the kitchen, live mice in the bath)

nurgle_boy
07-09-2005, 15:28
i want one!

the kitten as well...

or does that come with the nid?

Nid
07-09-2005, 15:28
I forgot to mention because I'm paying the vet bills, Krysta decided that it can be my cat, full custody. As long as she can play with it.

So, It's named Squig! :D

Frodo34x
07-09-2005, 16:10
Squig is so cute!!!

Lafeel Abriel
07-09-2005, 16:13
Awww..such a adorable little kitten, she is. Hope you don't mind me being a bit envyous? Sadly the only way I'd be able to get myself a one would involve me leaving home, not a possibility at this time. (mom hates cats)

x-esiv-4c
07-09-2005, 16:26
Cats are teh win.
Make sure you get those ear mites taken care of and also check for heart-worms. If Squig keeps scratching at it's ears then they are starting to get infected.

Piku
07-09-2005, 18:25
She's lovely. Make sure you take care of her now, y'hear?

TheSonOfAbbadon
07-09-2005, 18:59
*collapses from the cuteness*

tzeentchgiant
07-09-2005, 19:00
Awww, take good care of here.

Awww, so so cute.

TG

Xhalax
07-09-2005, 20:06
Yes...Squig is a very good name for a kitty....just wish that my older siblings wife had come with better names for their three kitties (Cat 1, 2 and 3 to me).

And Go Team Nid for rescuing her.....damn evil rotten swines of kids. I hope you kicked them hard for that!

Kargos Bloodspit
07-09-2005, 21:04
ickle squigg.

think I might get a kitten when I have my own place etc. My dad hates cats... so Kargos-1 Dad-0.

(yes... i hate my dad THAT much... hell, so much that I might even start calling him Father now.... :evilgrin: ).

So nid, you gunna use Squigg to attract some babes with such cuty kittiness?

Nid
08-09-2005, 19:01
The kids that brought her by came by yesterday and tried this on us.

"Um....we were wondering if we could have our cat back..."

Me: No.

Roomie: Dude, you gave us the cat.

Kids: We just wanted you to take care of the cat until we found a place to keep it.

Roomie: Well you found a place to keep it.

Kids: But we just meant while we were staying at a hotel we couldn't keep it.

Roomie: You didn't say that. You came up to us and was all do you want this cat we've tried everyone else and no one else will keep it. No for us, no babysitting, no **** like that.

Kids: But....

Roomie: Dave payed $300 for all the **** for this cat you can't just do that. Its our cat now leave.

So they left. But they keep trying to get the cat back.

Sprue Rubbles
08-09-2005, 19:55
what a cute kitten!

Have you ever owned a cat before?

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 20:09
just wait till the little bugger starts popping out little squigs...

urgh... dirty squig love...
...although i thik ive seen that on the web before...

Piku
08-09-2005, 20:19
Kitty kats kick ass (http://tetlapot.hp.infoseek.co.jp/fla/sw.swf).

Tom
08-09-2005, 21:55
just wait till the little bugger starts popping out little squigs...

urgh... dirty squig love...
...although i thik ive seen that on the web before...

Spay as you go.

New Cult King
08-09-2005, 22:00
Careful they don't catnap her! Then you'd have to get an angry mob of Warseers to go kill the kids and get her back...

Ain't no justice like angry mob justice! :p

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 22:12
Spay as you go.

now thats a mantra and a half if i ever read one!

x-esiv-4c
08-09-2005, 22:16
Catnip is brilliant. My cat "Goop" went totally berzerk when he first got near some catnip, real entertainment right there.

Also, invest in a laser-point and make them run into mirrors....

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 22:17
Catnip is brilliant. My cat "Goop" went totally berzerk when he first got near some catnip, real entertainment right there.

real cute....

sadistic bastard...

:D

Nid
08-09-2005, 22:48
She's going to be spayed when she's old enough. There are enough cats and kittens out there that desperately need homes as is.

Freak Ona Leash
08-09-2005, 23:10
The kids that brought her by came by yesterday and tried this on us.

"Um....we were wondering if we could have our cat back..."

Me: No.

Roomie: Dude, you gave us the cat.

Kids: We just wanted you to take care of the cat until we found a place to keep it.

Roomie: Well you found a place to keep it.

Kids: But we just meant while we were staying at a hotel we couldn't keep it.

Roomie: You didn't say that. You came up to us and was all do you want this cat we've tried everyone else and no one else will keep it. No for us, no babysitting, no **** like that.

Kids: But....

Roomie: Dave payed $300 for all the **** for this cat you can't just do that. Its our cat now leave.

So they left. But they keep trying to get the cat back.
A bottle of pepper spray keeps the children away...

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 01:15
Ain't no justice like angry mob justice! :p

Damn straight!

And keeping Squig is very much the best thing to do....stupid dumb-ass kids!

Kaoslady
09-09-2005, 02:32
Awwwww Kitty!!!! *melts*
Our tabby Muffin was a stray, my dad found her. He went to the shops one day and when he came out this tiny kitten was sitting on the boot of our car miowing. He took it off and it went back to him crying. People nearby asked dad if it was his cat and he's like, "No!" But dad's a sucker for cute animals, so the kitten came home with him and grew into fat, cute and bossy Muffin! :)

Badgobbla
09-09-2005, 06:40
I'm allergic to cats :(

But squig is a kewl name for a cat tho'

Barbarossa
09-09-2005, 09:42

Mirrors? You fail to see the possibilities here! Make your cat chase after the laser dot until it's really berserk. Then let the dot run up the leg of some unsuspecting visitor. :chrome:

Lord of ???
09-09-2005, 10:39
Invest in a Essential Oil extractor

And a Cat-Nip plant.

Oh the fun you can have with concentrated Cat-Nip

Piku
09-09-2005, 11:28
You can dry catnip and sell it to the unwary too. Extra income.

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 12:54
I'm allergic to cats :(

There's always someone!

lord_blackfang
09-09-2005, 12:58
Dang, I wish I could have a cat as a pet. Alas, I'm afraid my parrot would kill it.

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 13:09
Alright - I'm a little uneducated when it comes to cats - so whats cat-nip and what the hell does Lord of ??? want Nid to do with an Essential Oil Extrator?!?!!

Kargos Bloodspit
09-09-2005, 13:38
Alright - I'm a little uneducated when it comes to cats - so whats cat-nip and what the hell does Lord of ??? want Nid to do with an Essential Oil Extrator?!?!!

I think he wants to extract some raw materials for Catnip. Then make it into pure concentrate catnip, unlike the diluted version you get in Pet stores.

As for catnip, have a look on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catnip

Catnip contains a chemical known as nepetalactone, a terpene, that is thought to mimic feline sex phereomones. When cats smell the bruised leaves or stems of catnip, they will rub in it, roll over it, paw at it, chew it, lick it, leap about, then purr loudly, growl, and meow.

according to some documentary I was watching a while ago, Lions react the same way to Lavender :D

Sai-Lauren
09-09-2005, 13:38
From Wikipedia

Catnip and catmints are mainly known for the effects they have on felines. The reaction cats have to catnip is actually how the plant got its name. Catnip can cause incredible reactions when given to cats, however, not all cats are affected by catnip because the ability to detect it is inherited. Only 2/3 of cats actually respond to it. Catnip contains a chemical known as nepetalactone, a terpene, that is thought to mimic feline sex phereomones. When cats smell the bruised leaves or stems of catnip, they will rub in it, roll over it, paw at it, chew it, lick it, leap about, then purr loudly, growl, and meow. This reaction only lasts for several minutes before the cat loses interest. It takes up to two hours for the cat to "reset" and then it can come back to the catnip and have the same response as before. Young kittens and older cats are less likely to have a reaction to catnip but big cats, such as tigers, seem to be extremely sensitive to it. Cat owners do not need to worry about giving their cats catnip because there are no side effects to it. Other plants that also have this effect on cats include Valerian and plants that contain actinidine or dihydroactinidiolide.

Edit: Ok, Kargos go there first ;)

Melchor
09-09-2005, 13:39
EDIT: ARGH! Too slow! Too slow! :mad:

In short: Cat-drugs. :evilgrin:

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 13:41
Though it begs the question....why would you want to give your cat it?

I mean other than a quick jolly for the cat and a laugh for you, what's the point in it?

Kargos Bloodspit
09-09-2005, 13:44
Do you not like your pets? I mean, whenever I have pets, I try to treat them as nicely as possible. So when I had guinea pigs, lots of fruit (cos they like it lots :D, especially those stick things we hung from the bars, they really liked those, good for their teeth too...)

EDIT: ARGH! Too slow! Too slow! :mad:

Edit: Ok, Kargos go there first ;)

PWNED! :evilgrin:

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 13:45
I think he wants to extract some raw materials for Catnip. Then make it into pure concentrate catnip, unlike the diluted version you get in Pet stores.

Oh... that makes sense. I was really starting to wonder what essential oils you can get outta cats...

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 13:48
The animals in this house are not my pets....so I'm indifferent.

nurgle_boy
09-09-2005, 14:26
I was really starting to wonder what essential oils you can get outta cats...

real cute...

in fact, almost siggable!

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 14:30
real cute...

in fact, almost siggable!

Do it - you know you want to :evilgrin: :D

nurgle_boy
09-09-2005, 14:31
done!

now... i think i have a cat-juice extractor somewhere...
...i mean... essential oil extractor..

The pestilent 1
09-09-2005, 14:32

I mean other than a quick jolly for the cat and a laugh for you, what's the point in it?

well lions react really badly apparently...
Zoo time :evilgrin:

He Who Laughs
09-09-2005, 14:45
done!

now... i think i have a cat-juice extractor somewhere...
...i mean... essential oil extractor..

You're a deadset legend mate - good onya, much respect :D

Now, I must admit - I do like cats, but I like native birds more - and I hate seeing cats killing them. I know that cats are animals too, and that they should be allowed to roam as freely as all other animals - but having introduced species killing natives just irks me.

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 15:24

Classy.....although I'd con someone really stupid into doing it first....just in case!

The pestilent 1
09-09-2005, 15:25
hmmm.
probably a good idea, those animal things dont like me as is (i wonder why :rolleyes: )

Kargos Bloodspit
09-09-2005, 15:31

As I posted in my earlier post, Lions get set off badly by Lavender.

The pestilent 1
09-09-2005, 15:40
As I posted in my earlier post, Lions get set off badly by Lavender.

Lavender aye?
hmmm, maybe suggest somone wears lavender perfume or somthing.
what exactly happens to them anyway?
is it the same with cats and Catnip?
or do they start peeing over everything (i am so glad i noticed what he was about to do)

tzeentchgiant
09-09-2005, 15:42
Yup, exactly the same reaction, or so I've heard.

I think a lavender scented perfume bottle grenade could be constructed and put to great use.

TG

Kargos Bloodspit
09-09-2005, 16:16
Lavender aye?
hmmm, maybe suggest somone wears lavender perfume or somthing.
what exactly happens to them anyway?
is it the same with cats and Catnip?
or do they start peeing over everything (i am so glad i noticed what he was about to do)

Probably same effect as cats with catnip.. They suddenly start rolling over and stroking their head against the lavender, its absoloutely hilarious to watch because they turn all cuddly bear like.

Im pretty sure I saw it on that tv programme about australia zoo that Steve Irwin hosts...

Nid
09-09-2005, 20:56
More pictures! The other cat is my Roomie's cat named Mary Jane. They also have a hamster named Herb.

Yep.

So, here she is! SQUIG.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/nid05/Random/kitten.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/nid05/Random/kitten2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/nid05/Random/kitten3.jpg

x-esiv-4c
09-09-2005, 20:59
my my those are some interesting stains on your carpet :)

Squig looks cute.

tzeentchgiant
09-09-2005, 21:12
In the corner of the second pic, may I ask, what are the incriminating half burnt white sticks ;) , or if they are just fags (not gays, cigarettes) well, nevermind.

Also, awwwwww, so so cute, really nid, so so cute

TG

Nid
09-09-2005, 21:18
Tzeenchy, they're cigs. We couldn't afford to let that many joints go just like that! :eek:

tzeentchgiant
09-09-2005, 21:52
I was thinking to myself as I wrote, how could you waste so much perfectly good "stuff" ;) :D .

Anyway, very cool and increadibly cute cat, and get some catnip, so so fun.

TG

Xhalax
09-09-2005, 22:56
Barrel is on that throw behind Squig.
Excellent!!!! Someone in your house has good taste.

Cute kitty too....ost are at that age.

Wiseman
10-09-2005, 04:21
lovely cat nid, you stil havent eat it!

nurgle_boy
10-09-2005, 08:40
tis a rather pretty cat...

and i have an odd feeling that i want to lick your carpet...
...the stains must taste of something...

WLBjork
11-09-2005, 21:58
OMFG! 'Nid has a cat! Call the SPCA!

Joking aside, glad you've got a pet now 'Nid. It'll be sad to lose some of your (dubious) quality posts in the Wastes, but we'll just have to live without them.

GL&HF