PDA

View Full Version : Brass Scorpion Instructions

Eldanar
22-10-2007, 14:56
Does anyone know if they have released any conversion instructions for a brass scorpion of Khorne?

It is pretty obvious that they kit-bashed two defilers to make it, but I did not know if they had any actual instructions out yet or not?

Hlokk
22-10-2007, 15:16
Just to add I've been looking on their website for about half an hour and I can;t find anything. Pretty crap of GW to do rules for this thing and then not to do a conversion guide. :eek:

Hulkster
22-10-2007, 15:31
not really

why do they HAVE to do a conversion guide, it would be nice of them to do it but they do not have to do it.

i have been thinking about making a brass scorpion for a while even though i do not have a chaos army, I have never felt the need for GW to HAVE to make a guide for me, i will do it myself.

Hlokk
22-10-2007, 15:33
why do they HAVE to do a conversion guide, it would be nice of them to do it but they do not have to do it.
I never said they had to, I just said it was crap they didn't. It smacks of a lack of support by GW for something they know is probably going to be popular. Like it or not, not everyone is going to be as good at scratch building as you are, and others might need help.

YOU might not "feel the need", it doesnt mean the need is not there...

cadian118
22-10-2007, 15:50
My local store, Richmond, seemed to have a perfected method of doing it similar to your one. they have two identicle ones

Grazzy
22-10-2007, 16:20
Chaos Master is the one to talk to. His are awesome.

I like the multibarelled weapons for the cannon, so would use assault cannons or empire bitz, not lascannons.

MorningLightMountain
22-10-2007, 16:22
Yeah my local store in Newcastle (UK) held a Brass Scorpion workshop last week. Might be worth going in to a store and asking for advice.

Eldanar
22-10-2007, 17:25
Yeah my local store in Newcastle (UK) held a Brass Scorpion workshop last week. Might be worth going in to a store and asking for advice.

Unfortunately, there is not a store within 100 miles of where I live.

MindSlave
22-10-2007, 17:29
A MASSIVE thanks to Chaos Master for that! Been looking for that for ages. Don't collect chaos, but it looks so cool I might have to build one!

Cheers

Unfortunately, there is not a store within 100 miles of where I live.

OMG!!!!! thats crazy... thank god for mail order!

The_Warsmith
22-10-2007, 17:38
yea nice one chaosmaster :)

Valo
22-10-2007, 18:31
I never said they had to, I just said it was crap they didn't. It smacks of a lack of support by GW for something they know is probably going to be popular. Like it or not, not everyone is going to be as good at scratch building as you are, and others might need help.

I think the only reason they havent done one is due to the fact that FW is working on one soon to be released.......If i remember correctly..

timmorford
22-10-2007, 18:47
I have made 3 of them now for people, its not really that hard I will send up the instructions and pics tonight.

you will need 2 defilers, what I did was build the body by cutting the back part of one body off and used it as the back end of it so it has the 6 legs.

I built the battle cannon and cut the back off and mounted that between the claws.

I took the 2 flamers and put them under the body not on the sides, but I am sure you can mount them on the sides also.

I used 2 claws as the tail I trimmed one of the single claws to fit in the middle of the back of the other one and magnetized them so they can move etc.. I took the Reaper autocannon and I cut the barrel off of another to mount on the tail the single claw that is stuck on the claws fits right between the reapers with that spike cover on it. to attach the tail I used the piece that attaches the main body of the defiler to the top of it with the claws... I also magnetized that to the back end of the second body the one that I added to the main body.

To cover the cut in the body I used some covers from the Land Raider sprew that is in the box with it.

Right behind the battle cannon I mounted the back of the defiler with the chain hatch to make it look like there is still something trapped inside.

The legs I magnetized, and the claws.

I know this is kind of crazy but I am at work right now I will put up a step by step with some pics ok!

-Tim

If you are in upstate NY contact me I will help you build one.

Eldarion
22-10-2007, 18:51
A brass scorpion conversion was givin away in a store competition, my store in kingston upon thames, the little kid seemed real happy..........

( it was painted and everything)

Eldanar
22-10-2007, 19:26
That is correct, FW is making a Brass Scorpion kit. It will look a lot like the old Epic 40K Brass Scorpion.

I'm sure you will have to sign over a lien on your house to them to be able to afford one as well...;)

Meticulous
22-10-2007, 19:54
Plaguelord Baldric also made an excellent Brass Scorpion. (Far) More involved than ChaosMaster's, but equally impressive. The building instructions also aren't quite as exact, but what can you do?

Link. (http://warseer.com/forums/m-p-t-general-discussion/106427-brass-scorpion-that-i-built-for-my-brother.html)

Hulkster
22-10-2007, 19:59

sorry i seem to have misread you never said or implied HAVE.

However on your other point, I am rubbish at scratch building, but I would still to have a go and making this. It seems like a simple conversion.

The Orange
22-10-2007, 21:31
It is pretty obvious that they kit-bashed two defilers to make it...

Actually I herd the GW one was made using 4 defiler kits. I got a few pics from GDLA if you want them.

Mojaco
22-10-2007, 21:35
Plaguelord Baldric also made an excellent Brass Scorpion. (Far) More involved than ChaosMaster's, but equally impressive. The building instructions also aren't quite as exact, but what can you do?

Link. (http://warseer.com/forums/m-p-t-general-discussion/106427-brass-scorpion-that-i-built-for-my-brother.html)

Cool. I prefer it to the "2 defilers stuck together" look, which really lacks bulk imo.

I recall someone making one with a piranha is armourplating, but am unable to find it again. It was way before Brass Scorpions existed, but when Scorpion Defilers were pretty popular. Now THAT one rocked. The Raider-scorpion from the apocalypse book is also cool.

Meticulous
22-10-2007, 22:42
I recall someone making one with a piranha is armourplating, but am unable to find it again. It was way before Brass Scorpions existed, but when Scorpion Defilers were pretty popular. Now THAT one rocked.

Oh yeah, I think I remember that one! Or at least, one that sounds similar. Might have a pic kicking around somewhere. If I can dig it back out, I'll post it.

Darnok
23-10-2007, 07:47

The best Brass Scorpion I've seen so far - and I've seen quite a few by now. Thanks for the find.