PDA

View Full Version : Wobbl

Jet
22-10-2007, 18:18
I really thought I'd already posted a thread here about this, but I presume it's been deleted.

This is purely an updatable (ugh) thread about all things WOBBL.

First notice, season 3 has just ended. Congratulations to Exquisite Evil's Undead team for winning the Bargain Basement, Deathboy13's CDs for prevailing in the Renewed Balance division, and A.N.Other and his Woodies for winning the Shadows Fall premier division.

Now unfortunately another large amount of games were not played this season. Hence season 4 will only be 2 divisions, comprising 9 teams in total. Hopefully soon we can get some more players back and get a real league structure going.

I'm yet to fully decide the split for season 4, whether we have 4 teams in the Prem and 5 in the 2nd, or 5 in Prem and 4. Also, whether or not to move multiple new teams in the Prem (i.e. the winners of the other 2 divisions, the top 2 in the middle division) or just single promotion and relegation. If you have strong opinions, the kind of which you just can't keep to yourself, please post here :D.

Deng Ham
22-10-2007, 18:52
I think that the bigest division, is the one with the most "inactive" teams. As so that the Game amount stay as high as possible.

So my sugestion is. Move one team down form Shadows fall (the inactive one, Thor I think) And move one active team up. Them merge the other two divisions into one.

Mut most importante of all... Keep Tobaro Bay Buccaneers in the Premier Division

tenpole
22-10-2007, 19:55
Oh dear. I have noticed the same happening in the WSFA Ben, just so many games are not getting played I have given up with waiting for them.

Even once regular players have fallen by the wayside, but then it happens with many coaches. Look at Autobot once the heart and soul of the warseer league just faded into nothingness. Like a ghost.

Jet
22-10-2007, 20:55
Nevertheless, season 4 has begun, with just deathboy13 being promoted to the Premier Division, and a 5-way melee in the league below. Happy gaming.

LordSnotball
05-11-2007, 07:16
joined last week and got 3 matches played...

i dont think that the group is falling apart (as tenpole posted in another thread), kts just the peak of the season in regards to work and studying. all of november should be 'dead' and after that december will slowly come to life again. the xmas holidays will suit some and wont others, butthe group will come back to life then...

anyway, missing 2 matches, Gres and EE... lets see what'll happen next :)

ps. i do read but dont post much, dont get much net time these days

tenpole
08-11-2007, 12:19
The Rot got absolutely stuffed in their last game against the elves <name to be added later>.
I went into the game so cock sure of a victory but was completely overrun.
I still have faith in the chaos team as it will only be a matter of time before the group develop proper skills and some ball handling skill.

ExquisiteEvil
08-11-2007, 17:17
Im back on saturday so will be able to play then.

Evils Dead march on - all dead, but still undefeated!

lol

LordSnotball
09-11-2007, 06:22
Saturday its my father-in-laws birthday, so i'll be too drunk to play... sunday im leaving for Germany (with a hangover) and will be back in Croatia tuesday evening/wednesday...

anyway, maybe the following wkend we'll get to play :)

Jet
17-11-2007, 09:33
Possibly a little late notice, but the Root One vs. Furmin title decider (kind of) is due to be played Saturday morning at 12 BB time. Lets see how many supporters we can garner for this one. :)

tenpole
20-11-2007, 04:54
I just dont know what happen in my game against Gres. The Darkies could not handle the ball and were swamped.

ExquisiteEvil
21-11-2007, 03:59
Evils Army of Darkness

Played - 5

Won - 5

Hard fought game against a very tough ogre team coached by Jahorin, but managed to eek out a 1-0 victory.

However 2 games without any skill rolls means the team has become a little stagnent.

Next opponent? rematch with snotballs elves?

Jet
21-11-2007, 18:19
True the Evil's Dead have made a good start, but it is not like the Undead will have a cakewalk to the title. Tougher tests lie ahead, and records set are always just a precursor to records broken.

ExquisiteEvil
21-11-2007, 20:51
True the Evil's Dead have made a good start, but it is not like the Undead will have a cakewalk to the title. Tougher tests lie ahead, and records set are always just a precursor to records broken.

indeed :D

Although i think my 'streak' is the longest in the wobbl so far - so i had to mention it :)

th0r
21-11-2007, 20:55
please..you have nothing on the talons of ulthuan

Jet
21-11-2007, 21:59
please..you have nothing on the talons of ulthuan

I may do though.

th0r
22-11-2007, 00:27
You still never had as much fame as the talons though. The Talons are the face of this league.

Jet
20-12-2007, 17:39
This is just a short announcement that I will not be around for most of the rest of this season. I don't expect many people will be exactly, over Xmas and New Year's, but this is just FYI.

The current season will last until the Friday of the second week of January. After that we are probably looking at rollover straight into another season, however I will need some help with this. My work will make me extremely busy during the early months of next year. While I am happy to set up the games for people to play, I am very much looking for members' help in sourcing and administrating new teams, solving disputes and encouraging gameplay.

To all, have a very merry non-religious-specific holiday period.