PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities 40K Meet and Greet

Easy E
22-10-2007, 19:03
Welcome!

The Twin Cities 40K Meet and Greet has been schedule for November 10th at Tower Games starting at 2:00 PM.

Tower Games
4807 Nicolette Ave
Minneapolis MN
ph. 612-823-4477

Please, feel free to stop on by and get to know some of the players in your area. It is Bring your own Beverage, Bring your own Food, and Bring your own Army!

There is plenty of on-street parking available, and there is parking in the rear too.

If you plan on attending, please post here so that I can get an accurate idea of the numbers coming.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there.

Kalesh of Altansar
23-10-2007, 13:17
I will be there. I will also let the Adeptus members know about this.

Easy E
26-10-2007, 09:39
I look forward to meeting you. I also will have some questions about the Adeptus.

Edit: No one needs to be too concerned about painting levels, point totals, wysiwyg, or anything like that. This is going to be a fairly loose run event. The main goal is to meet other 40K players from the greater MN area.

GoldenLeg
26-10-2007, 12:33
I'll be there for sure.

Captain Stuart
26-10-2007, 14:49
The 40K session of Ironman tournament will be going on at that time. Not sure if anybody will be able to play. I don't know how many people are participating in Ironman 40K, but it may be a good way to meet other 'Seers.

I'll be playing with my grey Tau.

Kadrec
26-10-2007, 15:48
I am planning to be there, and will attempt to bring two of my other WH40k player buddies. Our armies are in various states of assembly/painting, but there shall be pain aplenty!

... I really need to finish at least assembling my new terminators and marines... the marines are still mostly on the sprues... >_>

Spoonie
29-10-2007, 03:18
Hey guys, saw the post about this on the Adeptus forums, sounds like fun! Hopefully everything works out with the Ironman tournament, and we'll hopefully see you all down at the shop.

Hellfury
29-10-2007, 05:28
The 40K session of Ironman tournament will be going on at that time. Not sure if anybody will be able to play. I don't know how many people are participating in Ironman 40K, but it may be a good way to meet other 'Seers.

I'll be playing with my grey Tau.

Yeah, that might cause a problem right there. The Ironman isnt going to be just a couple people showing up.

Timing is a bit off. 10th is a bad time to just show up with a bunch of people gathered together out of the blue expecting to play while a tournament is going on.
Checking the battle schedule, 40K schedule, etc on the AM boards would be a good idea.

Regardless, Have fun folks. Its gonna be packed.

Gambit
30-10-2007, 22:12
Show up early and enter the 40K tournament!

Show up by 10:30 to register on the day of. The games begin at 11 a.m. sharp.

Rules: (Rules are subject to ajustment and change over the next month).
Armies must be painted with the 3 color minimum, and be based.
Special characters are allowed.
Judges have authority to regulate any rules disputes. If you can work through them yourselves, bully for you, but if a judge gets called over to arbitrate, any rulings they made are final, and not subject to argument.
Lists will be 1850 in size.
There are no requirements for GW models. This isn't a rouge trader, after all. If you have a sweet character who happens to be a Reaper mini, go ahead and use them. However, your opponent better be able to understand what your army is or represents. Any Coke Can Carnifexes or Hero Clix High Elves will be summarily mocked and ridiculed, and the offending models will not be allowed to participate.

Thoth
30-10-2007, 23:09
Show up early and enter the 40K tournament!

Gah, Gambit beat me to it. Entry fee is 15 bucks for non-AM members, or 10 bucks if you're part of the club. I can't speak for the club leadership, but I'd be willing to bet that if you payed the non-membership fee for the tournament and joined the club later that day, they'd knock the difference off of your first club dues.

GoldenLeg
30-10-2007, 23:26
I won't be able to make it. You've got to love visiting colleges.

Easy E
02-11-2007, 09:56
Just to clear everything up. I contacted Tower Games before deciding on the date of the 10th and they gave me the green light. Apparently, there was some miscommunication somewhere.

That being said. The entire purpose is to meet new people to play. Is it a problem that potentially more people will be there?

I'm open to potential solution suggestions, because right now, I'm all out.

Kalesh of Altansar
02-11-2007, 14:43
No there is not a problem. Some people are just over zealous. There is a tournament going on that day but that does not mean that people will not be aviliable to meet. No reason to not come.

Easy E
09-11-2007, 10:14
This is a shameless bump to remind people that the 10th is the big day.

My wife, an award winning professional baker has a dozen raspberry cupcakes waiting for me to bring to the meet and greet.

Come to the Darkside, we have cupcakes!!11???!!11.

gonzosbignose
09-11-2007, 10:30
Bit far to come from the UK but hope you guys have a good day!

regards

Danny Boy

Easy E
10-11-2007, 19:22
I'm leaving work right now to get there. I look forward to seeing you all there.

I'll be the guy in the red polo with the black sport coat. Silly work clothes.

Torga_DW
10-11-2007, 20:07
Dang. Where i live is called the twin cities too. I thought you were in Oz for a minute. =(

Easy E
11-11-2007, 11:43
Sorry Torga.

Thanks to everyone who attended. I know I didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone because the place was packed! (Sorry Mike!)

There were a ton of fantastic armies to see and great games going on. I also got to see my first warhound titan in the Resin (so to speak).

I managed to play 2 games and had a great time. If there is any further interest, I may try and organize another. Let me know what you think and provide any feedback you might have.