PDA

View Full Version : Custums on Shipping to the States

sam500
22-10-2007, 21:47
Usually when I've bought stuff from other countries it's been through ebay and from an individual rather than a company. However, sometimes companies do this as well.
I'll ask them to label the package being sent to me as a gift worth about $20 so I don't end up paying a huge customs charge on top of the crappy conversion rate and shipping.

Anyway I just bout 500 quid worth of Forgeworld stuff and it's coming out to the States. Does anyone know what the customs cut off or charges might be? Will forgeworld send it as a gift? Can they ship it from their Memphis warehouse instead?

God I hate the weak dollar and lack of Forgeworld shipping facilities in the US.

HiveFleetEzekial
22-10-2007, 22:07
Apparently they no longer ship from the Memphis BB warehouse. All my last orders (even small ones that the Memphis BB would have in stock) al came straight from the UK. There isn't any extra postage or customs fees though. Seems the 'reduced scale models' that they stamp on the package takes care of it (if there's even a customs fee at all. or they pay it on their own).

CrewDog
23-10-2007, 01:53
I have imported a bit of stuff from overseas. Mostly HK and Taiwan. Generaly the magic number is $1000. If it is under that mark you will get no issues. I have been sent bills from customs for duties and labor fees of packages worth more than that. Anything under I have not been charged anything.

Bregalad
23-10-2007, 10:59
I don't think that a company like FW does illegal declarations. As GW sues everyone, this would be bad politics ;)