PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tourney Dwarf Army?

nix
23-10-2007, 03:10
Howdy all,

So I am getting close to completing my dwarf project and I figured I would look at what type of list I could pull together for some tourney play. I wanted to reach out and get some feedback here and see what comes back my way.
Now I have not played in a WHFB tourney yet, and only played a very few 40K tourneys. I am thinking that this list would not be too bad to play but not abusive either. Not having played many games, please let me know if I am way off the mark.
So the idea is not an overwhelming new idea, but is a basic engineer guild Dwarf army with black powder and a Gyrocopter. List follows:
Dwarf Engineering Army

1x Gyrocopter
1x Organ Gun + crew
1x 9 Slayers (5 slayer/4 Giant slayer)
Musician
10 Miners
Prospector
Blasting Charges
Musician
2x Cannon + crew
2x 10 Warriors
Musician
Veteran
1x 21 Longbeards (6x4)
Standard
Musician
Veteran
2x 10 Thunderers
Musician
Veteran
1x Dragon Slayer (deploys with slayers)
Runic Weapon
Master Rune Swiftness (Strike First) & Rune of Fury (+1 attack)
1x Dwarf Lord (deploys with Longbeards)
Great Weapon
Shieldbearers
Runic Armor
Rune Fortitude (+1W) & Rune Resistance (reroll save) & Rune Stone (+1 armor)
Runic Talisman
Rune of Spite (4+ Ward)
1x Thane BSB (Deploys with Longbeards)
Runic Standard
Courage (no fear/terror) & Stoicism (double unit size)
1x Runesmith
Runic Talisman
Spelleater & Spellbreaking

So, the big questions…..

First, I am unsure how well Slayers fit with the army but I like the look of the unit. The little buggers gave me fits trying to paint them so I want to put them on the table. Do they seem horribly out of place? Then, are Giant Slayers worth the extra points for +1 Str, WS, In, Att? With a 3 init they will still usually go last (right?) and the STR should not matter because of the slayer rule (right?).

Next, should I consider adding in a Master Engineer? He would fit the overall theme famously but I am not sure what to drop to put the engineer in. Further, my Lord is modeled as a Master Engineer looking Dwarf with Shield bearers, so that might work overall for the theme. If I do put in a master engineer, do I drop the Dragon Slayer or the Runesmith?

Lastly, as this is primarily a gunline army, do I have enough other troops in here to keep the game interesting? I know that’s a horribly objective question but I would prefer to do a little more than sit back and wait for a charge. With 3 units of warriors, the slayers, and the Gyrocopter, I should be able to do a fair amount of march-blocking and tactical movement/redirects limited by my short movement, right?

Looking forward to your comments!

Thanks!