PDA

View Full Version : Gashead Regiments?

Green Shoes
23-10-2007, 03:18
Never thought I would be asking a question here! :p

Just a quick question: are there any canonical Imperial Guard regiments that regularly make use of gasmasks or Chem Inhalers? I know about the DKoK and Savlar Chem Dogs, but I don't want to do Savlar, because I don't want thieves, and I don't want DKoK becuase, well, I'm sick of them.

The reason I am asking this question is because I want to use some of those spiffy Baneblade Commander greatcoat legs to (gasp!) cast a small force from (don't worry, I wont sell them or even give them away, so no comments in the legal area, please), and utilize Pig Iron Production gasmask head sprues. I want a canonical force for once, as I have three with made up backgrounds, and I want to put more work into the modelling side than the crappy background side for once.

So yeah, so summarize the above abuse of language, what Guard regiments use gasmasks beside the DKoK and Savlar?

Vaulkhar
23-10-2007, 03:31
All of them make use of gas masks, if there's gas around (Kasrkin models are generally wearing theirs) - but only the DKoK are noted in canon as going for the welded-on look. Ditto the Savlar regarding chem inhalers - there will be other regiments that use them, particularly from heavily polluted worlds, but they haven't really been mentioned.

I'd say the Zaphodian 42nd had just come into being, though you may wish to make your own, better name up.

Logarithm Udgaur
23-10-2007, 03:39
The only other ones that come to me right off are the Steel Legion and the Phantine Skyborne (an air calvary regiment).

Green Shoes
23-10-2007, 03:50
The only other ones that come to me right off are the Steel Legion and the Phantine Skyborne (an air calvary regiment).

I was actually thinking Steel Legion, as I could use Cadian torso armor and claim carapace in comparison to actual Steel Legion, and thusly have that Grenadiers army I've been eyeing...

I present a motion for Steel Legion Stormies! Anybody second it?