PDA

View Full Version : 3000 pts Lizzies vs Orcs help!

Son_Of_A_Horus
23-10-2007, 09:30
Anyone got any tips (don't suggest running away/crying/faking heart attack) for this? I'm using Lord Kroak, so I'm all good on the magic front lol.

Flypaper
23-10-2007, 10:52
...So where's yer problem? Blast his units apart and try to get a panic test chain reaction through his entire army. :p

N810
23-10-2007, 17:00
I duno Use every fear causing unit you have.
salamanders, Cold one cav, carnasaur, etc...

the chaos should be hillarious. :D

Red_Duke
23-10-2007, 17:08
Run away from Orcs? you gotta be kidding me ;) in 3k you can comfortably have a couple of units of 4 krox, maybe a few salamanders, you could even go completely magic crazy and go for kroak and another slann, or an Oldblood on carnosaur.
4 units of skinks, maybe a unit of saurus to protect kroak (although hiding him in a forrest and using a skink priest for LOS is more effective, if horrible)
Terradons maybe for taking out the warmachines?

Its the Krox that really do the business though...

huron
23-10-2007, 19:58
use lord krok gar on a carnosaur he charges into combat kills a few orcs if he has to take a break test the opponent has to take a test before you even though you lost combat and the carnosaut kills everything

warlord hack'a
23-10-2007, 21:35
that does not work agaisnt svg orcs though, in which case lord kroq-Gar is just so much shish kebab..

anyway, against O&G it's hard to say what you should do seeing as that they have such a broad troop choice. So think in three steps:
1) what do you think that the O&G player will think that you will field (still with me here?).
2) What do you think your opponent will field to defeat what he thinks you will field?
3) What can you field to defeat that.

So e.g. if I (an O&G player) would know I would face 3000 pts of lizzies I would bet that you would come up with a Slann of 2nd generation or worse. So I would have either a lot of magic defence and/or a lot of shooting to balance the ranged battle-power. Now what can you do to counter that? Take some character hunters (nike shoes, cloak of feathers) and take out his magic defence or his shooting units). Or alternatively do NOT take a slann, that will surely take him by surprise but then again slann are so good that it is a shame not to take them..

Son_Of_A_Horus
24-10-2007, 16:46
Well, I fecked it right up with DIRE dice rolls. My Krox failed to do more than one wound per round of combat and my opp came armed with dispel scrolls, so RoC was wiped out...most of my magic was naff lol, although CoC came down at least 4 times.

If anybody wants an easy game of fantasy, call me :)

forgottenlor
25-10-2007, 10:39
If you are using lord Kroak and want to be effective, use units to slow him down so you can get the most out of your magic. I' thinking skink scouts, salamanders, a swarm and terradons in small units to slow him down/get in the way and redirect units away from Kroak. Then surround Kroak with a small number of hard units, so he won't be mowed down if any units get to him. Good here might be a unit of temple guard or a stegadon as they can often hoold enemy units a long time.