PDA

View Full Version : A B'jillion Eldar heavy weapons.

Sakura
23-10-2007, 10:55
After my mass buy up of Eldar boxes starting a new army I was left with quite a few spare weapons.
What I got was;
A squadron of warwalkers box.
2 wraithlords
and 2 wave serpents.

Count that up and it's 5 of each new slottable weapon and 4 of each serpent turret weapon.

I have chosen to glue the ones im using in place so no pinning or magnets, I am stubbornly sure of my choices.

But what to do with the rest?

I thought cities of death style gun emplacements or objective/loot counters.
However I have those little ruined runes from the wraithlord and war walkers for the loot and objectives, so gun terrets seem to be the best option.
But.
I just don't have the time for something I wont be using as turrain is my time best spent, I have several armies to paint that have been needing painting for a very long time. I don't need turrets for any reason, selling is an option but i'd rather some cooler idea.

Also, I need one more warwalker style scatter laser. This is not a trading thread, it's a ideas thread.

You Eldar guys MUST have the same left overs like me, what do YOU do with them?
Wasting them is not an option for me.

Sarigar
23-10-2007, 11:05
If you haven't glued everything together, magnatize your weapons and models so you can swap out the weapons from your vehicles and Wraithlords.

fengor
23-10-2007, 11:12
magnetized for easy swapping.

Though the iea of loot counters is nice too. Maybe i'll give some of them to a friend. he likesbasing his stuff on destroyed xenos stuff ;)

Hulkster
23-10-2007, 11:13
If you haven't glued everything together, magnatize your weapons and models so you can swap out the weapons from your vehicles and Wraithlords.

did you even read his post lol. he said he as glued them together

now i usually keep my weapons because i am a hoarder, but if I was I would perhaps make a weapons cache.

I am not sure if that is fluffy for eldar though

Enderel
23-10-2007, 11:14
Yeap I've magnatised all my Vypers, War Walkers, Wraithlords, Support Platforms, Falcons that I've had time to. Makes life so much easier.

I would say that a defence turret would be a good option, a Vyper weapon mounting / turret is ideal for a defence point, just needs a suitable base.

I've seen some people double up on their hard points on models as well, looks very effective in some instances.

leonmallett
23-10-2007, 11:14
Put a post/thread in the trading section - bits for bits.

fengor
23-10-2007, 11:17
I can't see why it wouldn't. Even Eldar stuff breaks from time to time and having spares to replace is easier than singing a new one from hte warp i assume.

One day when i have more time, better terrain and painting skills, i'll be doing that craftworld dioama including the falco/waveserpent being repaired thing ;p

Sakura
23-10-2007, 11:18
Yeah, the cache isnt really Eldary to me.
Tauish, especially after the cities of death codex.
There wouldn't be any waste as far as I can assume.
I dislike hoarding, I already have far too much.

Thank you Hulkster for pointing the she has already glued on part. Some people :P

scratchbuilt
23-10-2007, 11:26
Use them for bizarre chaos/ork conversions. Horde them until you see the light and start an ork/chaos army with lots of bizzare conversions.

Sakura
23-10-2007, 11:28
Well since orks are getting Tau weaponry then I geuss Eldar isnt out of the question or does Eldar weaponry shut down after lootation?
Doesnt matter anyway, orks are psychic and theyll work if they think they work.
But no, I have a Chaos army and I wont be starting orks, thanks for the good idea though.

EVIL INC
23-10-2007, 11:56
Why not vdr a bunch of mobile turrets controlled by spirit stones? You could make them have the same rule as the waraithgaurd so that they operate best near a warlock.
What about converting into extra heavy weapon platforms for your gaurdians?
I like the idea of turrets best of all. Even if you dont always use them in scenarios where they could actually be used, you can always put them up on buildings and such just for looks. Even if you dont use them, they would look nice and you might be able to sell them to someone else.
Make anti aircraft turrets. With the new apocalypse rules out, you will see a lot more flyers.

Enderel
23-10-2007, 12:37
Umm AA turret would be really useful, 4 scatter lasers around a central mounting, might make one of those myself!

The Song of Spears
23-10-2007, 16:29
Haha, so i am not the only one. I bought three wave serpents, two wraithlords , three falcons and three vypers, now i have a giant box thats got several dozen extra eldar heavy weapons, even after i have set aside a bunch for magnetizing.

I was going to make them into some terrain gun turrets, or AA systems.

That and i might use them to hack up and make into conversion stuff for bases and such.

Penitent
23-10-2007, 17:21
Do you have any of the command vehicle sprues for Apocalypse lying around? The Eldar bitz on there could make a good basis for custom turrets, or could probably pass for guardian platforms, if you need some of those on the cheap.

The_Dragon_Rising
23-10-2007, 19:20
I keep 2 of each weapon painted and there as spares. The plastic ones i canabalise and give to my orks.

Trickle
23-10-2007, 19:29
Also, I need one more warwalker style scatter laser. This is not a trading thread, it's a ideas thread.

You Eldar guys MUST have the same left overs like me, what do YOU do with them?
Wasting them is not an option for me.

Guardian squad platform has the same weapons (identical - same attachment etc) as the war walker. Could be a source for a second scatter laser - assuming you want some guardians and dont want them with a scatter laser that is. You dont need to glue the guardian platform as it balences without need (sort of).

From the 50 battle force and 100 aspect wave I'm going to have alot of spare weapons from 4 wave serpents too.