PDA

View Full Version : Storm of Chaos Middenheimers

Kisada
23-10-2007, 16:33
I just need to know, do the White Wolves and Teutogen guard still follow the SOC rules for their White wolf hammers or has it been overwritten by the new empire rulebook??? I play a Middenheim army and still follow the SOC rules.

logan054
23-10-2007, 16:42
i would put my money on them using the rules from the new book seeing as this is newer than the army book it is based on, considering how you get your unit points from the new book and all. Personally i dont think you can pick and mix stuff from different ed books how you like!

Noldo
23-10-2007, 18:34
I would say that if you are using the Middenheim army as it is written in the SoC, with all the rules of that version (including point costs, magic items, character options and special rules).

Naturally you should keep in mind that Middenheim army is very likely no longer legal in many tournaments after the new Empire Army book has been released. Between friends that does not have any effect though.

For friendly use you can of course try to agree with your gaming group about the rules to be used.

Crube
23-10-2007, 18:36
I know that in GW tourneys, the SoC list is no longer legal, but in others, it's fine. So I would say it depends on your gaming group...

T10
23-10-2007, 19:34
I suggest not using the SOC Middenheim list now that the Empire has its shiny, new 7th edition book in which the cavalry hammer has been replaced by great weapons.

-T10

ZomboCom
24-10-2007, 18:36
The middenheim list has issues with the new empire book, and doesn't hash very well with it, mostly because there is an entry for white wolf knights which refers to the empire book for points costs, and they no longer have a seperate entry in the new book, The cult of ulric, by the way, does not have this problem since it has its own points costs.

On the original question, the white wolf hammer rules in the middenheim list are pretty clear, and in fact are different from those in the old empire book, so definately take preference.

RavenLord
28-10-2007, 18:08
Can Armies from SoC like Army of Sylvania take Dogs of War units Regiments of Renown for example?

Kisada
29-10-2007, 11:27
I don't mix and match but I follow the Soc Middenheimers list to the letter. So I guess the White Wolves use great hammers (Feth, wished it was still calvary hammers) and the teutogen guard are practically another greatsword unit... do inner circle Teutguards have any rule changes then? Inner Circle knights are special now aren't they?

DeathlessDraich
29-10-2007, 15:13
The SOC slayers follow their own rules and do not gain from any of the new Slayer rules.

I believe there has been a ruling somewhere that this applies to all SOC armies unless otherwise stated (as in Cult of Slaanesh magic items).

The white wolves of Middenland follow their own rules - +2S when they charge for their cavalry hammer.

Ravenlord: Hello and welcome. No, SOC armies are a specific list. They can have only the units stated and cannot have additional DOW/ROR (although Long Drong belongs to that category).

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-10-2007, 16:34
Really, if you do want to use the Middenheimer list, you should use it with the Old Empire book as well. As that's the list it belongs together with. It follows it's completly own rules, and changes to the main list doesn't effect it at all, it still use the same rules, options, point costs etc. as it did at the time of writing.

Kisada
01-11-2007, 13:02
Alrighty. Thanks guys.