PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dragon Lord

fadam
23-10-2007, 18:33
Hey, I was interested in starting a new army, and I wanted to do one with a really beefed up Lord choice. Reading through the Army Books, a Chaos Dragon lord caught my eye.

I've searched through both the US and CA Games Workshop sites, but I have not been able to find one on there anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find one?

DesertDirge
23-10-2007, 19:03
the model is older... If you're going to do one, id convert it.

fadam
23-10-2007, 19:05
Hmmm, what base dragon do people usually work off of when converting?

theunwantedbeing
23-10-2007, 19:10
Baudros?
As in the one egrimm van horstmann rides.
Well if you have a spare 60 then go ahead and mail order the bits so long as they havent phased out the damned thing.

Plastic dragon, get 2 combine.
But get hold of a large monster base as the one it comes with is a stupid plastic thing which is much too high and looks really crappy.

If your on about Galrauch the riderless one he's far more affordable but his heads are in the wrong place for using his breath weapons.

Your best bet is to go for either the plastic one(like I stated earlier) or to simply go for a dragon you think is cool and convert your own chaos dragon.
The plastic dragon is the biggest and easiest to work with due to it being plastic, its also the cheapest.

The old plastic dragon of course, not the new HE one.

fadam
23-10-2007, 19:15
To which army does the old plastic one belong? Is it just a generic riderless mount?

Khorghan
23-10-2007, 19:17
im planning on converting the HE one

Selsaral
24-10-2007, 03:40
To which army does the old plastic one belong? Is it just a generic riderless mount?

It was the (second edition I believe) Egrimm Von Horstmann (but with better spelling) miniature for Chaos.

Lord Secro
24-10-2007, 05:43
A topic close to my heart. I used the archive wood elf dragon with a mounted slaanesh champion on its back, and at the head of my army he pretty much crushes everything. In fact, I only use him in tournaments and take a friendly army in regular games.

T10
24-10-2007, 06:49
I'm working on a Galrauch variant for my chaos lord. I gave up finding a lord that could sit on him, though. It would require sculpting a throne or something. So I looked around in my bits box instead and came across a WH40k wych.

The plan is to have her standing on the dragon instead of sitting. She looks agile enough to pull it off.

-T10

Alathir
24-10-2007, 14:41
If you have a spare..... alot of money.. then get this beauty for the dragon model!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/chaosdp.htm

Dayhan
24-10-2007, 16:23
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2079/1730272140_aff7e8b64f_b.jpg

This is the picture of my converted Chaos Lord on a Dragon. The model was bought for 11.99 and I pinned the neck to support the Slaneesh Lord. I havn't painted it yet to how I want it but it's a basic idea on what you can do for little money.

happy_doctor
24-10-2007, 19:51
The answer is simple: do a Pox!! :angel:

(for those not aware, just search for 2 project logs: sculpted chaos dragon and painted chaos dragon)