PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Dwarfs list for my 1st Fantasy Tourney

Nabeshin1106
23-10-2007, 22:54
I'm going to be in a 1000pt Fantasy Tournament this Saturday, and I was wondering how you guys thought this list would do?

Dwarf Thane
-Shield
-2 Runes of Fury
-Rune of Cleaving

20 Warriors
-Shields
-Veteran
-Standard

19 Longbeards (Thane joins this squad)
-Shields
-Full Command

10 Thunderers
-Shields

10 Thunderers

Organ Gun

Total: 1000pts

RavenBloodwind
24-10-2007, 01:45
Very solid. I'd think about swapping out for a cannon in place of the organ gun, or even a pair of bolt throwers but that's just my preference.

At 1k your base 4 dispel dice should be adequate magical defense.

huron
24-10-2007, 08:57
yeah i think i would take out the organ gun for a cannon but apart from that it looks quite nasty

Nabeshin1106
24-10-2007, 16:29
Thanks for the help guys, does this look better?

Dwarf Thane
-Shield
-2 Runes of Fury
-Rune of Cleaving

20 Warriors
-Shields
-Veteran
-Standard

19 Longbeards (Thane joins this squad)
-Shields
-Full Command

10 Thunderers
-Shields

10 Thunderers

Cannon
-Engineer
-Rune of Reloading

Total: 995pts

RavenBloodwind
24-10-2007, 21:05
I really don't see the value in the reload rune personally. It's handy to a degree but in the grand scheme of things won't do more than get you 1 extra shot in a 6 turn game that you might have lost from a misfire or crew loss. Frankly if you've lost crew you probably have lost all your crew.

I find the rune of forging a better investment as it can prevent you ever having the misfire to begin with. You could drop the shields off the thunderer unit to get the extra points for the RoForging.

I also fail to see the use of the engineer with a cannon because he really adds very little. He's an extra crewman which is fine but give me the RoForging any day. Now, if you took a bolt thrower or 2 the engineer becomes huge as his BS improves your changes of hitting very nicely.

Otherwise still very solid.