PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts in 5 models

armos
24-10-2007, 03:34
Hey, sorry if this is an old topic (if so please re-direct and I'll post there), I did try searching for it but couldn't find a thread anywhere... basically I was challenged by a friend of mine to come up with as Elite an army as I could think of (without usicng special characters) and thought it would be fun if I could actually produce it (just for a laugh). I have no intention of ever using this as a force though I suppose it could be fun to give it a whirl in a friendly... if anyone has managed a lower model count I'd love to be re-directed to it :)

anyways Chaos Mortal Army

Lord of Tzeentch with 3 power stones, dispel scroll, great weapon and shield riding Chaos Dragon: 819pts

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch with power stone, dispel scroll, great weapon and shield riding Chariot of Tzeentch: 366pts

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch with power stone, dispel scroll, great weapon and shield riding Chariot of Tzeentch: 366pts

Chariot of Tzeentch: 140pts

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth with Great Weapon and Light Armour: 306 pts

Total 1997pts

again sorry if this is an old topic... like I say just a bit of fun :)

Crube
24-10-2007, 06:46
Interesting...

Surprised it came out so close to 2K !

Do the chariot the Exalteds are riding in come from your core troops? Otherwise you only have 1 core choice...

Menset
24-10-2007, 06:54
Wow what a list.

@Crube, This is a legal list the chariots still count as a core choice.

Menset
24-10-2007, 07:13
Also a quick one, if you play this list rather use a Halberd instead of Great Weapons, they cost the same and use two hands but you can attack in int. order.

I think I'll try this list tonight at our club see how much fun it'll be.

radbug
24-10-2007, 08:16
I would switch the magic items on the lord to eye+staff giving him AND dragon a 3+ ward save against shooting plus being able to re-roll any dice when casting spells.
The list is to be honest I am afraid boring and possibly not that effective. Magic will be dominating, but you need above average dice rolling for one single model (unit) to break a full ranked infantry block and as you only have 5 models, you will have a problem getting multiple charges in where you want them.

Against the right army, this will wreck havoc, but any good player will win rather easily.

/R

armos
24-10-2007, 11:59
yeah I was gonna have another look at magic items when I started modelling it... the other option is to mount a BSB rather then Exalted Champion in a chariot and giving him either Blasted Standard or Banner of Warth.. he works out as 1pt less then a tooled up Exalted champ

Crube
24-10-2007, 17:54
Thanks Menset - thought I'd check, seeing as i didnt have my book to hand :D

Menset
25-10-2007, 06:50
Well I played with the list last night, and what a laugh. First my opponent had someone verify the list twice to see if it was legal. Then when i deployed he didn't believe I had only 3 things to deploy (Chariot, Shaggoth and the Characters).

In the end he got a solid victory, not to bad against a Khorne army, pesky dispell dice, that out numbered me with models at least 4 to 1.

Being a Beasts player that never uses Tzeentch I think I played fairly well but I will never play this list unless its a friendly.