PDA

View Full Version : some clan moulder lists. 2k, and 3k.

nurgle_boy
07-09-2005, 10:49
well, im probebly going to start this army within the next few weeks (with games day convo comp sprues :evilgrin:) so im going to get some lists done so i have what i need to buy planned.

basically, its a pure clan moulder list, curently lacking background, as ive not had the time to work it out, but based around a core of clanners, slaves, and giant rats, backed up by the big regiment of stormvermin, some fairly killy characters, and a bunch of rat ogres.
i may add some DOW choices, fielded as slaves, ie, no regiments of 10, but of 11, with one of them being a skaven slaver (just with the same stats) or 10, with a hero there to keep them in line.
i was thinking leadbelchers maybe, as rat ogres with fitted ratling guns, or some other shooty thing, maybe some other races, such as enslaved dwarves, or halflings. but hel, this is the 2k list, and the 3k will come in a few minutes.

enjoy!

clan moulder 2k

master mutator, warpstone pendant, bands of power, desolate blade, whip, light armour=231
master moulder, light armour, great weapon, whip=77
master moulder, light armour, great weapon, whip=77
harbringer of mutation, whip, 2 dispell scrolls=121

4 giant rat packs=120
4 giant rat packs=120
4 giant rat packs=120

30 clanrats, standard=165
30 clanrats, standard=165

20 slaves=40
20 slaves=40

30 stormvermin, shields, full command, banner of the swarm=315

4 rat ogres=200
4 rat ogres=200

234 models

i wont be casting much, if anything, but the harbringer is there mainly as a scroll caddy. i dont want magic, i want gribblies!

C&C and tactics appreciated. but if anyone mentions units from other clans, or using some SAD units...
*BANG*

nurgle_boy
07-09-2005, 11:13
heres the 3k list

moulder 3k

master mutator, warpstone pendant, bands of power, desolate blade, whip, light armour=231
master moulder, great weapon, whip, light armour=72
harbringer of mutation, 2 dispel scrolls, whip=121

4 rat packs. 24 rats, 4 packmasters=120

30 clanrats, mus=155
30 clanrats, mus=155

30 stormvermin, full command, banner of the swarm=315

20 slaves, mus=44
20 slaves, mus=44

4 rat swarms=180
4 rat swarms=180

5 rat ogres=250
5 rat ogres=250
5 rat ogres=250

total=2992

models=246. 23 of monsters, 6 characters, 217 infantry

lots more ratties! maily monsters and swarms though. still, its a nice horde with omnsters, some decent characters.

the master moulders go with the rat ogres, the master mutator with the stormvermin (moddeled as gribbly experimented on skaven), and the harbringers go with the giant rat packs, fighting in the rear, with the whip, and declining as many challangeds as possible, and dispelling lots (hopefully!)

well, C&C please!

Yanos
07-09-2005, 11:59
I like 'em both, they don't get much more Moulder-y (Mouldy? :D) than that.

One query: why are your Master Moulders cheaper in your 3000pt list?

nurgle_boy
07-09-2005, 13:26
ehe, because im a fool that added up wrong obviously! the second cost is the right one i think..

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 10:19
moulder 3k

master mutator, warpstone pendant, desolate blade, whip, light armour=206

30 clanrats, mus=155
30 clanrats, mus=155

20 slaves, mus=44
20 slaves, mus=44

4 rat swarms=180
4 rat swarms=180

10 rat ogres=500
5 rat ogres=250
5 rat ogres=250

2 leadbelchers=90
total=2992

ok, changed it a little bit.
i scrapped the stormvemin, due to people saying they dont perform as well, and replaced them by adding 5 more rat ogres to one unit (this is where the master mutator goes) to create a devistating nasty unit of death, with added rank bonus (woo!), and i also added 2 leadbelchers, which one of the master moulders joins.
these will be represented by experimental rat ogres, with warpfire throwers, and ratling guns implanted into them, so they generally are unreliable, but fairly deadly clan moulder creations...

i could even drop more clanrats and slaves and get even MORE rat ogres, though that would turn it into rat ogre kingdoms...

...now theres an idea...

Reinnon
08-09-2005, 20:57
i must admit, i really like your theme.

thats just the kind of force i would end up doing if i took skaven :)

nurgle_boy
08-09-2005, 21:27
thanks reinnon.

i have to say, it not your run of the mill SAD army, eshin all skirmishers, or pestilans list...
you barely ever see a pure clan either... unless SAD...

gee, theres a pattern here :sarcastic:

also, ive decided that in the big unit of 10, thecentre 3 (2 ranks of 5) in the first rank, and centre 3 in the back,will be a HUOUGE rat ogre.

im talking the size of a carnifex, in fact, based of the carnifex.
its basically the biggest and most impressive rat ogre that the master mutator has come up with, and he leads it personaly.

so personaly, the master moulders torso will bge separate from the legs, with pins, so he fits onto legs on a base (for challenges and things) and onto a pair of legs riding the giant ratty beast... in fact... i may buy a carnifex i the next few weeks...

a huge great 18 wound, 18 attack monster, strength 5, and tougness 4 (only 4 to represent the experiments done, and the weakening effect theyd have, all the attacks and wounds from fury, and implants.)

in fact, i may just do some concept sketches, and some background now...

and ive got to learn how to sculpt a giant rats head...

still, keep the nice comments coming...

and id like to know how this army would fare in games. the background and theme may be good, but it need to be able to win sometimes as well!

im thinking it might play a little like a gnoblar heavy ogre kingdoms army, or a dogs of war army with lots of ogres, backed up by medium combat units.

it should be a nice change from playing magic and attack heavy, horde orcs for sure!

WraithKnight
09-09-2005, 00:06
what happens if they kill seven Rat Ogres? Does the big one lose some of its attacks? How would it work with "model is slain" effects? Just curious.

monstallion
09-09-2005, 00:54
rat ogre units dont get rank bonus except if in a pestilens army as then they are frenzied and dont have pack masters so can rank up :(

I would stick with the storm vermin they are ace especially if u have a lord with the gouger in there and the bsb with the sacred standard of the horned rat :cheese:

this can break most units even if charged as are fear causers and can have a 3+ armour save in close combat (always buy them shields).

Overall I like your lists a lot really characterful

nurgle_boy
09-09-2005, 09:37
@ wraithknight- basically, when you lose rat ogres, thats it just being beaten down.
think of it as a giant 18 wound, 18 attack monster.
as you take the wounds off, it loses attacks, ie, enough of it has been hacked off, for it to start to slow down.
when its at 15 wounds, its basically lost an arm, or been injured.
12, its bedly beat, but still fighting
9, its starting to go down, lost limbs, and bleeding heavily
6,really badly beat, barely anything left of it, almost dead
3, its in its death throes, only goaded on by its packmasters
0, very much dead.

monstallion- well, its really either stormvermin, or the equivilent of 7 more rat ogres, two of which are armed with mini hellblasters!

also, rat ogres rank up normally.the packmaster alwas go to the back, so you get-
.......... <-- packmasters
OOOOO <--rat ogre rank one
OOOOO <--rat ogre front rank

therefore, a rank bonus of 2, if im correct.
but really itll look like this-

___ ______ __
|__|..........|__|
|__|______|__|

eh, its as close as i can get...

Earlandir
13-09-2005, 22:51
In the skaven book page 23 it says, "Rat Ogres always form the first rank and can never be placed in the second and following ranks. Packmasters and characters joining the unit are formed up behind them, but these units never get rank bonus." :(

haza ali
29-09-2005, 10:29
yea so if you had a unit of 10 or 15 rat ogres all the rat ogres would be in the front rank and you would get alot of guys charge into that seriously long frontage and it would be very bad for u lots of smaller units would be a lot better with rat ogres so you can charge into the flanks or rear of unlucky opponents :D :D

Silver Dragon Flame
16-05-2007, 22:08
It is by that reason and that reason alone I come with this note of advice. Split your rat ogre units in the 3k list. Especially the squad that's ten man strong. We're talking ten ogre bases in a line and with all those other squads taking up space, you do not want to manouver, nor deploy that unit with the rest of the lads. I myself, run with three packs of three rat ogres in my 2k list but that could just as easily be four. Four is fine, ten is...not so fine.