PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Song/Band

Wiseman
07-09-2005, 11:35
well what is it? ive just started listening to Thrice, i love their song madman, but my favorite band would have to be the Ramones

Ophidian
07-09-2005, 14:01
I don't know about favourite of all time, but just recently I have fallen head over heels for Evil by Interpol.

Luke
07-09-2005, 14:05
my all time favourite band and song has to be:

SEPULTURA = ROOTS

i havent heard a version yet i havent liked (yes, even cannibal corpses rendition was trick) live, demo or studio, its all good. particularly like the demo version from "blood rooted" and the bonus live track from the end of the special ed of "Nation" is extremely intense.

ironduke
07-09-2005, 14:09
Beatles with Hey Jude and Queen with Bohemian Rhapsody

Crube
07-09-2005, 14:11
Nightwsh - Wishmaster or Pharoah Sails to Orion

Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name or Dream of Mirrors

Kohhna
07-09-2005, 14:23
Closer - NIN is teh win. Even my mum likes that song (though my mum is pretty funky).

Vaya
07-09-2005, 14:25
Bad Religion with 'I want to conquer the world'. So true... ;)

Lord-Warlock
07-09-2005, 14:27
Hmm, I like so much of Machinae Supremacy that I have a hard time picking a favourite. Nemesis or Soundtrack to the Rebellion, probably.

The boyz
07-09-2005, 14:45
Beatles and my favourite track by them would have to be "A day in the life". Well actually I pretty much like all there stuff, there isnt really a particular song that annoys me or I dont like.

I also Like Iron Maiden and my favourite song by them has to be either "Weekend Warrior" or "Afraid to shoot strangers". But again I pretty much like all there stuff. Except there new stuff of the "Dance of Death" album thats *****.

Crux
07-09-2005, 14:54
I've lately been very much in love with the Falling From Grace songs from the album Sounchaser, by the fantastic band Rage.

However, my favorite band is still Helloween.

Vaya
07-09-2005, 14:56
"Afraid to shoot strangers"

Hell yeah! :D

Inquisitor Mikarovic
07-09-2005, 14:57
You know, I've never really had a favourite of anything. Ever. I have a bunch of contenders but I can never decisively pick a winner. It gets to the point where instead of a few front runners it's a massive heap, which kinda defeats the whole idea of having a favourite, now dunnit? I guess I'll have a go at the different genres...

Rock
You might think I ain't worth a dollar, but I feel like a Millionaire - Queens of the Stoneage.
Short, fast, loud, awesome but simple guitar and lyrics you can't help but shout along to. It narrowly edges out 'My Hero' by Foo Fighters.

Punk
No Cigar - Millencolin
Wow, a song about standing out from the mainstream that doesn't make the vocalist come across as an absolute poopstick. I'm impressed. 'Da Hui' by Offspring comes in closely. It's to the point and has its fair share of profanity, which is a given for a punk song.

Ska
Superman - Goldfinger
Damn groovy. It always makes me wanna get up and dance like an idiot. 'You gotta go' by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones is also pretty crankin'.

Dance
Digital Love - Daft Punk
Such a cute little tune that always gets me bouncing ever so slightly. Even without a vocoder I always sing along to it. The keyboard solo at the end is also pretty impressive.

Crazy-ass song with robotic voices
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
The lyrics are cleverly constructed and I always get the image of insane servitors singing in silly mechanical voices as they labour on an assembly line, hammering their constructions in time with the beat. 'Technologic' by Daft Punk is also damn cool, or as I call it, "The Adeptus Mechanicus themesong".

Trance
Finished Symphony - Hybrid
Gorgeous.

Metal/Schizo-rock/People-aimlessly-shouting-into-a-microphone
This Cocaine makes me feel like I'm on this song - System of a Down
I can never resist singing along to it with a big grin and a glint in my eye.

Heh, it's like my own little award ceremony. :p

Kohhna
07-09-2005, 15:46
The hitchhikers song from Episode 8 of the Mighty Boosh, sung by Noel Feilding

Snoozer
07-09-2005, 15:53
My favorite song right now* is: Pull My Strings by Dead Kennedy's

*right now, because I seem to change my mind about my favorite song almost daily :p

Oh that's the best Bad Religion song ever, not that I have listened to bad Religion in ages.

:D

Vaya
07-09-2005, 16:23
This Cocaine makes me feel like I'm on this song - System of a Down

As long as you don't eat the fish. ;)

x-esiv-4c
07-09-2005, 16:24
Band: KMFDM, Song WWIII

Any anything else by the Irons.

Yin - Yang
07-09-2005, 16:27
Well, I'd have a lot of trouble picking a favourite song or band, but right now the song that appeals to me most is "A Long December" by Counting Crows.

Kaaijer
07-09-2005, 16:31
Spock's Beard - At the End of the Day

This song perfectly captures this excellent bands' style. Groovy, funky, quirky, rockin'. Although pretty much any song from them can be considered awesome.
Progressive rock at it's finest!

Gethalorre
07-09-2005, 16:36
At the moment, it's Noone puts baby in the corner by Fall Out Boy

Sprue Rubbles
07-09-2005, 16:44
Sonic Youth

I've been obsessed with them for about six months now and I think they are genius.

Wez
07-09-2005, 17:05
Metal
In Flames - Clayman

Rap
Coolio - Gangsta's paradice

Indie
The Killers - Mr Brightside

Industiral
KMFDM - Witch-hunt

Punk*
Pennywise - Anyone listening

-Wez

*Well, I call it punk, call it what you want

Kaaijer
07-09-2005, 17:10
For anyone into trance/electro-esque stuff:

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells III

The entire album is basically one enduring piece of music. Fantastic from start to finish. Covers most genres from Rock via Dance to Trance and back.

Vaya
07-09-2005, 17:14
*Well, I call it punk, call it what you want

They (and most others) call it punkrock, but I don't blame you. ;)

vcassano
07-09-2005, 17:20
My favourite song? Well that's pretty hard.

Coldplay - The Scientist
A simply beautiful song. Amazing throughout and Chris Martins voice sounds at it's brilliant best.

Coldplay - Amsterdam
Starts off quietly and builds up superbly. The ending is immense. Not quite as good as the previous but still great.

Beastie Boys - Sabotage

Eminem - Soldier

NWA - ***** Tha' Police

Moby - Natural Blues

Killers - On Top/Somebody Told Me

Hercco
07-09-2005, 17:33

A great song. By the very best band. But right now I feel like 21st Century Digital Boy is the best song.

Shadowheart
07-09-2005, 17:49
Only Happy When it Rains - Garbage

Garbage is the cornerstone of my musical preference, rarely the band I listen to most at any given time, but the one I've listened to consistently over the years. And Only Happy When it Rains is the definitive Garbage song. Plus it's a song most people know, so that helps when I'm asked this question.

Inflammable
07-09-2005, 19:55
Dig that groove baby! by Toy Dolls

And Suspect device by Stiff little fingers never gets old.

anarchistica
07-09-2005, 20:14
Song: Metallica's One

Band: The Gathering

StugMeister
07-09-2005, 22:42
Fave Song: The Boys of Summer by Don Henley - FANTASTIC!

Fave Band: Our Lady Peace, just bought their new album. So good.

redemptionist15
08-09-2005, 01:27
Sonic Youth are rather awesome, my favourite tune by them would be "Youth against Fascism".

I entirely love "Question!" and "Aerials" by SoaD. Also songs which are doing it for me lately are "Unretrofied" by Dillilenger Escape Plan, "Fear of the Dark" by Maiden and Lou Reed "Take a walk on the side".

But my favourite song ever would be The Beatles "Hey Jude" a timeless classic.