PDA

View Full Version : help me build an army list against wood elves please read.

nikkcookie
25-10-2007, 12:57
i want to make 3000pts to go against my mates WE army i have skaven,vampires which would be smarter to use agianst WE and please tell me which units i should choose heavily and which i shoudnt choose.
please help :)

Red_Duke
25-10-2007, 14:00
Skaven are much better against WE on the basis that WE are the utter bane of the Vampire Counts army as it stands at the moment (with the possible exception of selective empire lists at least)

Standard SAD for skaven works very well, especially given that with a couple of lightning cannons you can snipe them in the woods (no LOS needed afaik) Tad boring, but there you go. You also get lots of magic shooting to negate their ward saves, plus magic missiles that rip them to shreads. Totally magic heavy should nullify them in that area, meaning that they can either huddle in the woods and get steadily killed by the cannons, or charge into your ratling guns and jezzails (and magic missiles)

Should certainly perform quite reasonably id say...

Hawat
25-10-2007, 19:19
Yeah I say fight cheese with cheese, go for the skeven and never look back

nikkcookie
26-10-2007, 03:12
sorry wat is SAD?? im new to warseer lol

SilentTempest
28-10-2007, 10:00
SAD, depending on who you ask, is usually something like Skryre Army of Doom, or more descriptively, Shooty Army of Doom.

It basically refers to Skaven's version of a gunline. Lots of Skryre equipment, Jezzails and Ratling Guns are particular favourites, and they quite frequently include lots of Warlock Engineers for Warp Lighting goodness/badness, depending which end of it you're on.

As with any other gunline, the Skaven SAD army is regarded as being not much fun to play with OR against, and thus it falls into the category of a WAAC army (Win At All Costs).

ViperMagnum357
08-11-2007, 02:42
Vampire Counts are possible, though it take a bit of flexibility and planning for a hammering. If your opponent is using a shooter heavy army, bats, wolves and zombies get chewed up at an amazing pace, and magic arrows/killing blow means wights and spirit hosts aren't hard and fast units either:cries:. Most Wood Elves have decent to good magic phases, so you can go heavy on magic to swamp and swarm him: most shooters, no standards or rank bonus, so you can grind them down and scare them off. In a tree army, well, ouch:eek:. You can grind them down with a vampire/wight unit, but dryads are strong units, and can eat wights on the flank charge. Gaze and Curse are good for a defensive game, with lots of corpse walls to tie them down and surround them. Generally, go heavy on magic; 2+ necros with a couple of bound items, large blocks (25+) of meat shields, try to stay away from lots of wolves and bats, and be smart when deploying ghouls and wights.;)

Lucky24/7
08-11-2007, 09:01
Deploying your rattling guns.... possible thoughts.

x=clan rat
y= warlock Enginer
*= ratling gun
-----**-----
xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx xxxxx
xxyxx xxyxx

hence Magic blasting draws out elfs..... they charge and get blasted by the rattling gun.... only way to play it really. worked very well At the GT weekend gone

Basicly just park the rattlings between units so they have LOS but are a pain to shoot at :D

Sorry for the crappy diagram.....

Stay Lucky!